RAM Mount Question

RAP326.jpg

It is a quick release to move your mount to another vehicle or bike or whatever with this adapter. Anyone use one? they don't look very strong to me and I don't want to put my $600.00 GPS on a flimsy adapter without getting some more information about them.

I have a Garmin Vista Cx & I use their quick release mount. Rock solid connection & a very small footprint when not in use. RAM mounts are nice, but I find them to be bulkier than brand-specific ones. Which GPSr do you own?

You got me interested in one of these for my mountain bike. Went to mountguys.com to order and I saw this underneath their description.

Note: We do not recommend these for motorcycle use.

So looks like I won't be getting one for my bike. From the looks of it should be fine in the car though.

Just something more to fail unexpectedly. Its not like it would take three days to loosen the arm and remove the arm, mount and GPS from the ball attached to the vehicle. It probably takes an additional 30 seconds to remove the whole assembly rather than the quick disconnect.

Just something more to fail unexpectedly. Its not like it would take three days to loosen the arm and remove the arm, mount and GPS from the ball attached to the vehicle. It probably takes an additional 30 seconds to remove the whole assembly rather than the quick disconnect.

On my mountain bike it would take about 3 minutes plus I'd have to carry around a screwdriver with me.

On my mountain bike it would take about 3 minutes plus I'd have to carry around a screwdriver with me.

I think he is suggesting you get a handle bar ball mount for your bike. Leave the ball on the hanle bars and simply turn the thumb screw on the are to lossen arm from the ball.

I think he is suggesting you get a handle bar ball mount for your bike. Leave the ball on the hanle bars and simply turn the thumb screw on the are to lossen arm from the ball.

Yup. I've had the same ball on my motorcycle handlebars since '99 and it still works fine. Been all over the country with me and never lost a GPS.