Background Image

ncfinn

How do I look at the background image of a cache page if there is no link to it and no gallery? Thanks.

View the source code on the cache page and look for

<body background="(image path)">

Copy what ever is between the quotes and paste it in a new tab or web browser window

Depending on which browser you use, you can right-click the page and their should be an option for "Background." Then you can copy the URL of the image to view in a new page or tab.

If you are using firefox you can go to view then page source

for IE just got to view then source

Depending on which browser you use, you can right-click the page and their should be an option for "Background." Then you can copy the URL of the image to view in a new page or tab.

I guess I am more dense than the average cacher.

Now that I have the url (aspx?guid=15ac51be-d487-40bd-87b1-45c48f9364bc), what do I do with it?

New page of what? Not internet address, not Windows. The only "tab" I know is in Excel.

Thanks again.

I think I got it: I can click on "save background as" and save it to my desktop (without ever having to worry about url). Then I just open the picture.

Why do people use backgrounds on the cache page if I have to go through all that to see it?

Thanks to all.

Tabs are a feature of new web browsers, allowing you to have multiple open pages in one window.

As for why people use backgrounds: They think it's cool, but most pictures are obcured behind the content of the page. Sometimes, some of the picture is better than no picture at all (plain white does get boring after a while).

Edited by geomusic

If you are using firefox you can go to view then page source

Actually, if you're using Firefox, all you have to do is right-click, and select "View Background Image" from the menu. There's no need to display the source and search for the image URL.

Also, you can use Tools... Page Info... and click the Media tab. This will show you all the images used. Look for the one labeled "background". This also shows you table, cell, and div backgrounds.