QUADRANGLE SEARCH

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE AN OPTION TO SEARCH BY THE QUADRANGLE (THE NAME OF THE TOPO MAP AS PRINTED ON THE UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER OF THE U.S.G.S. TOPO MAP). THIS WOULD ALLOW ME TO SEARCH FOR ALL KNOWN CACHES ON MY TOPO MAP INSTEAD OF HAVING TO WEED THROUGH ALL OF THE LISTINGS THAT POP UP IN DIFFERENT AREAS. I'D LIKE THE OPTION OF SEEING ALL OF THE CACHES ON THE OWENS PEAK QUADRANGLE, FOR EXAMPLE. THIS WAY, I COULD SPEND LESS TIME ON THE COMPUTER AND MORE TIME HUNTING DOWN CACHES IN THE FIELD, IN ANY ONE GIVEN AREA. I THINK THAT THIS SEARCH OPTION WOULD BE A GREAT HIT AMONG ALL CACHE HUNTERS. :)

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE AN OPTION TO SEARCH BY THE QUADRANGLE (THE NAME OF THE TOPO MAP AS PRINTED ON THE UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER OF THE U.S.G.S. TOPO MAP). THIS WOULD ALLOW ME TO SEARCH FOR ALL KNOWN CACHES ON MY TOPO MAP INSTEAD OF HAVING TO WEED THROUGH ALL OF THE LISTINGS THAT POP UP IN DIFFERENT AREAS. I'D LIKE THE OPTION OF SEEING ALL OF THE CACHES ON THE OWENS PEAK QUADRANGLE, FOR EXAMPLE. THIS WAY, I COULD SPEND LESS TIME ON THE COMPUTER AND MORE TIME HUNTING DOWN CACHES IN THE FIELD, IN ANY ONE GIVEN AREA. I THINK THAT THIS SEARCH OPTION WOULD BE A GREAT HIT AMONG ALL CACHE HUNTERS. :)

Given the fact that you have been a member for one week and found a grand total of 1 cache, I think you need to try and use the available resources and get a few more finds under your belt before you start re-creating the wheel.

Resources.jpg

These resources are always available to everybody. Premium Members get some extra perks such as PQ's.

I do not see how adding another search feature, such as by Quadrangle, would be of anymore help than what is already there.

Myself and "lostguy" are simple saying give the existing search options a try. That is how we used to do it in the "old days." :D

Resources.jpg

These resources are always available to everybody. Premium Members get some extra perks such as PQ's.

I do not see how adding another search feature, such as by Quadrangle, would be of anymore help than what is already there.

Myself and "lostguy" are simple saying give the existing search options a try. That is how we used to do it in the "old days." :D

Not only that, but if you get close and click on one of the caches, and then use the geocaching maps by google, you can scale the map to the size of your topo, even change it to topo mode. Then you would hve a nice list of all the caches in that area. Then Premium Members could even create a pocket query from there.

BTW, YELLING in the Forums won't make any changes happen any faster.

I think new ideas are great no matter who they come from, but I think Lost Guy is just trying to say to give the system a chance first.