Alarm clock missing from Legend HCx

Seems that when the eTrexes, and the 60 series gained a memory card (MicroSD), these GPS units also lost the electronics that had the alarm clock capability, so that when these units are off, they are really off, with no standby capability, so that there is no alarm clock or barometer that runs, when turned off, like with the eTrex Vista Cx and the Map60CSx. I missed the alarm clock when I upgraded from the Map60C to the Map60Cx.

I don't think that software could compensate for the missing hardware in this case.

Seems that when the eTrexes, and the 60 series gained a memory card (MicroSD), these GPS units also lost the electronics that had the alarm clock capability, so that when these units are off, they are really off, with no standby capability, so that there is no alarm clock or barometer that runs, when turned off, like with the eTrex Vista Cx and the Map60CSx. I missed the alarm clock when I upgraded from the Map60C to the Map60Cx.

I don't think that software could compensate for the missing hardware in this case.

I dunno. I have alarm clock on my cell phone, PDA and wrist watch. I'd rather have longer battery life on my GPSr than have it on all the time to run the alarm clock and barometer.

The Legend Cx and the HCx both have memory cards.

The alarm clock function turned the unit off to some degree but I don't know if that sleep state was the same as "off".

It's not a big deal - I too have alarms on my cell phone. I was more curious as to why they would delete a little app like that.

I have a Venture Cx, it has a flash card AND an alarm clock. I like to use it when I backpack for sunrise photos. The Venture Cx is turned off when I'm not hiking and the alarm still works as it should.

I rarely take the Nokia cell, it has a better alarm but it rarely can get a signal in the wilderness, so just dead weight.