Cache to Eagle Coin

scoutboy

We are in the final stages of producing a geoscouting coin. I am posting the artwork as we have yet to receive our samples. It will be trackable with a custom icon.

C2ECoin_trakableClear.jpg

Let me know what you think?

-scoutboy

Very nice coin!! I agree with ATMouse, make the gold a glitter or a bit deeper of a color...maybe even a translucent?

I would definitely buy one if I had the money!

Looking at your profile and seeing that you are a scout(er), I assume you've already contacted the BSA for permission if you are using any of their images. I only bring this up as we've seen a few scout-related coins that have run into issues and apparently the BSA are very protective of their trademarks.

Others can speak more to this than I can, but it's food for thought if you haven't done this yet.

Looking at your profile and seeing that you are a scout(er), I assume you've already contacted the BSA for permission if you are using any of their images. I only bring this up as we've seen a few scout-related coins that have run into issues and apparently the BSA are very protective of their trademarks.

Others can speak more to this than I can, but it's food for thought if you haven't done this yet.

We are aware of the licensing requirements of the BSA. That is why we have not used any BSA trademarks. We are free of any licensing charges with this coin. We work very closely with BSA national and they love our program and have asked us to add it to their supplemental trainings, National Training Center cirriculum and other program Jamborees and seminars...

We are waiting for samples to see how the color scheme works out in practice. I believe it will be good the way it is. We are considering both Soft and Hard enamals. We may end up with a soft enamel with an epoxy coating and a couple of hard enamal finishes. We are going to try to keep these at a reasonable price so stay tuned. The custom icon will be the front side round image of the Eagle over Flag.

Hello Scoutboy! :)

Was very excited when I saw the artwork on your website. You and Mousewiz have been doing a super job promoting geocaching. Do you think this will be done by summer camp? We are running a geocaching program at Camp Wolfeboro this summer and it would make a nifty FTF prize. BTW, great article in Scouting Magazine.

:)

Hello Scoutboy! :D

Was very excited when I saw the artwork on your website. You and Mousewiz have been doing a super job promoting geocaching. Do you think this will be done by summer camp? We are running a geocaching program at Camp Wolfeboro this summer and it would make a nifty FTF prize. BTW, great article in Scouting Magazine.

:)

We are trying to get them done by Geowoodstock. However, it seems there are many coins trying to do the same thing. So the pipeline may be a bit slow. However, we should have these by June at the latest. More details early next week.

Wow! This has taken a long time but we finally have these coins available. We have had a very busy summer with Scouting Leadership Courses and a 110 mile Philmont trek thown in, we have had barely time to get these coins ready for sale. Anyway they turned out quite nicely and think they will go quickly.

C2Ecoin_SatinSilver_trak.jpg

It also has a custom icon

C2Ecoin_icon_fill.gif

We hope you like them. All proceeds from these coin sales go to support our Geoscouting efforts.