Suggestions for #1000

Natureboy44

Similar to weathercast, I too am approaching #1000 (979 and counting) and want to do a memorable cache for this milestone. I have a few in mind but I am also looking for suggestions. Got any in mind?

I will remember this one for the rest of my life!

AirCrash 3

It is a virtual, but you have completed virtuals in so many countries, this will likely be your most challenging! Read the logs of the folks that went with me as testimony. Good time of year to do it too!

Similar to weathercast, I too am approaching #1000 (979 and counting) and want to do a memorable cache for this milestone. I have a few in mind but I am also looking for suggestions. Got any in mind?

I will remember this one for the rest of my life!

AirCrash 3

It is a virtual, but you have completed virtuals in so many countries, this will likely be your most challenging! Read the logs of the folks that went with me as testimony. Good time of year to do it too!

That is certainly a good choice. The NY/NJ Multi State Multi Cache is another classic, if you haven't done it yet. It certainly would make a good milestone cache.

If the initial loacation ammo box/puzzle is in place, you might try FEAR. It certainly was the most challenging cache I've ever done and I know how you like puzzles and challenges. Another one, quite close to you, is Stokes State Forest Petroglyph Trail Challenge... a nice multi. I , too, agree that Aircrash 3 is an excellent virtual and a nice trek in.

Fear is another good choice. I never finished it, but the start was pretty good

Reflecting on the answer to this a lot:

On the theory that nothing lasts forever, I would recommend going up on May 26th, on the 8th anniversary of this log book for your 1000th.

c031866b-adea-48ce-8aec-b26aa784a685.jpg

It's not THAT far to "The Spot"

It's not THAT far to "The Spot"

There is definitely something about this cache. I don't know if it's the historical significance or the 12+ hour round trip it took me to tackle or the length of time it's been on my wannado list or all of the above. But it certainly had a feel of... don't want to say spiritual quest since I'm not very spiritual, but it has a sort of rite of passage feel to it. You won't regret it if you take the trip. The hunt itself is awesome.