Canadian Forces geocachers

ECplus3

Hi there,

Just wondering if there is an organization, network, blog, facebook group or any such thing for past and present members of the Canadian Forces who are also geocachers.

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

I've been wondering the same thing too. We're kind of a secret society with most of us just being recognizable because of the coins. I know that some of us belong to the Military Association of Geocachers, but that is a US association that has graciously accepted us.

Maybe you've started the ball rolling here.

Hi there,

Just wondering if there is an organization, network, blog, facebook group or any such thing for past and present members of the Canadian Forces who are also geocachers.

Cheers

I've been wondering the same thing too. We're kind of a secret society with most of us just being recognizable because of the coins. I know that some of us belong to the Military Association of Geocachers, but that is a US association that has graciously accepted us.

Maybe you've started the ball rolling here.

Well, maybe if someone else sees this and acts on it. My military service was a mere three years in the local militia back when I was in university. Though I'm proud of the time I served in the Princess Louise Fusiliers, I've learned that a lot of reg. force folk don't really take us seriously :) No hard feelings -- just the way things are.

edit: Hey! I just noticed that you are in Borden. I spent 5 years of my childhood there when my father was posted to the training school. I probably wouldn't recognize it now -- I hear they have fast food places on base and everything!

Edited by E&Cplus3

Hi there,

Cheers

Although I am not a member of the MAG I am a member of Atlantic Canada Geocaching Association.

Which has several CF and Former CF members .

If a Facebook of other networking sit is started I am sure several will join,, me too

K Willcox

stagunner

retired and finding caches on Cape Breton Island

You asked for it, you got it! A new Facebook page has been set up for Canadian Military Geocachers.

Canadian Military Geocachers

If this takes off, there is room for administrators, etc.

OK, I'm just playing with computer knowledge, but the site is for real, really! B)

I think what you created there is a 'sports team' rather than a group. Nobody can really join... they can only become a fan of it.