Surprise Coins - Share Your Story

Dr. Whoever

Yesterday I received a surprise in the mail.

A Zombie Tribe Coin!!

zombietribe.jpg

I've been wanting one of these coins for over two years and could never find a trade, couldn't purchase one or anything and then it just showed up in a mailer. Being an old monster movie lover the first time I saw this coin in a picture I thought it was the coolest looking thing I had ever seen in a coin.....and frankly...errrr "Frankensteinly" still feel that way. There was a note with the coin that read something like, "This coin is given just because, please don't send me anything in return, just do something for someone else". OK, here's something for someone out there.

If anyone is interested in sharing please write a short note here in this thread about a trackable coin you have really wanted to get but for one reason or another you have never been able to get it. I'd really like to see the reasons you want the coin and why this particular coin is special to you. Who knows, you just might get a surprise mailer like I did.

Edit to add: I'll buzz through here this evening and hopefully be able to treat someone to something special.

Edited by Castle Man

Yesterday I received a surprise in the mail. A Zombie Tribe Coin!! I've been wanting one of these coins for over two years and could never find a trade, couldn't purchase one or anything and then it just showed up in a mailer. Being an old monster movie lover the first time I saw this coin in a picture I thought it was the coolest looking thing I had ever seen in a coin.....and frankly...errrr "Frankensteinly" still feel that way. There was a note with the coin that read something like, "This coin is given just because, please don't send me anything in return, just do something for someone else". OK, here's something for someone out there.

If anyone is interested in sharing please write a short note here in this thread about a trackable coin you have really wanted to get but for one reason or another you have never been able to get it. I'd really like to see the reasons you want the coin and why this particular coin is special to you. Who knows, you just might get a surprise mailer like I did.

Edit to add: I'll buzz through here this evening and hopefully be able to treat someone to something special for them.

Congrats on the AWESOME gift Jim!!

My coin is the Yime! I've wanted a Yime ever since I saw the first one, just missed out all around! I recently took my tax money and bid up one of these Yimes only to be blasted away...not even close! Just as well, I really couldn't spare the money, but I would've been SOOO happy if I had won it...broke, but happy! Not really sure why this coin is so special to me, the design and it being a personal are high on the list...maybe it's just because of the specal person behind it?

I know these coins are all gone, but one can always dream!!

Wow ! Congrats ! That's very cool !!!

Of course, there are several coins I've tried to get, but didn't, but you said one :D

So, here goes

any one of the Avalanche coins, I have been close in trades, but got the 'found a better coin than what you have reply' :):)

I've lived in Texas all my life, and that snow just don't happen much 'round here ya see :lol: so, that there Avalanche coin, just looks mighty fine to me, and would be held near and dear to this 'ol pee pickin' heart

Congrats. on reciving your new Zombie Tribe Coin I have been wanting a Geocoin Secret Agent coin for a long time now and since it is a mystery coin and there are none listed for trades anywhere it probaly will not be added to my collection :) I also have been trying very hard to trade for a 2008 earth turtle and still no luck getting one of them for the collection.

My coin is the Yime! I've wanted a Yime ever since I saw the first one, just missed out all around! I recently took my tax money and bid up one of these Yimes only to be blasted away...not even close! Just as well, I really couldn't spare the money, but I would've been SOOO happy if I had won it...broke, but happy! Not really sure why this coin is so special to me, the design and it being a personal are high on the list...maybe it's just because of the specal person behind it?

It's a big orchard out there, and ya never know what'll grow. :)

Let's keep working on that trading list. :)

Jim congratulations on receiving your "dream" coin.

My top coin desire has a couple of origins of my want for them. Before I met my wife I had always wanted to learn to scuba dive, but never had the time it seemed. When she and I met I found out that she was a diver and was actively involved with a scuba club (The Nittany Divers). The time was now right for me to get certified as I had won a week stay anywhere in the world. I choose to go to Hawaii which was a celebration for my engagement to my wife. In Hawaii, we had the opportunity to swim and dive with the Green Turtles and they became a symbol of the start of our life together (For our wedding, I had my groom's cake done in the shape of a turtle). This combined with living in Hilton Head Island, SC for 5 years and being able to watch and help protect the Loggerhead Turtles as they layed there eggs in the dunes has me REALLY wanting the 2006 Mr.&Mrs. Loggerhead and the Baby Loggerhead Turtle Geocoins.

It's a big orchard out there, and ya never know what'll grow. :)

Let's keep working on that trading list. :lol:

THANKS for the encouragement, maybe a new list will be coming tonight! Gotta work today, even though it's FREEZING (literally, 32 degrees this morning). As long as the frost doesn't hurt the CITRUS crops :lol::D:lol::)

WOW! Congrats Jim on your Zombie Tribe coin. That's a really great story!! :)

For me, and the rest of the clan, adpring all thing penguins there are actually 3 coins on our most sought after list. They keep eluding us for some reason. Maybe I just can't waddle fast enough? LOL We have a pretty big penguin collection around our house. Hence our name PengoFamily. At Christmas time we have a lot more hanging on our tree and around the house too. We have been fortunate enough to trade for quite a few penguin coins. But these elude us:

-Looney Penguin

-Pengy and Tigger

-Antarctica

But a penguin has to always have dreams......

Hello to all! :)

Well, what can I say...I have never seen one, so... :)

Is there a site where I can see all mystery coin photos?

Mystery coins are untrackable right? they are called mystery because you do not know who put it or who sended it! So...that is the difference from the untrackable normal coins?

hahaha don't think you can help me out here but I'll share a yarn cause it brings back great memories - I'm still hunting a regular Australia 2006 bronze because it would be a reminder of a highpoint caching and the start of this coin obsession.

I missed out on the sale by some weeks. No-one wanted to trade.

well I tried soooo hard on the caching game to win one and so did another Tassie girl - we scaled mountains we never thought we could, she was nuttier and did it in the rain and lightening too!

The whole family braved beaches against the tide and abseiled over cliffs.... without the rope! and followed mum who followed the needle and not the path :) ok we lost the kids after that one and they sat in the car evermore ..... but even then they helped out heck it was funny. Here they are cracking the record number of eggsaperating clues for a multi for me 5b1be443-bc83-4883-962b-fe24b9c81b44.jpg That's not the cache that's WP1 - WP2 is in an egg.

Can't recall I think i missed out by one or two places but i was happy 'cause the odds were really stacked. you see the city types rate their caches so much harder than us country types and the weather down here was atrocious so I laid aside a really lovely coin for me and the other girl when we finished cause I knew we wouldn't make it .....

The dressel dragon because of the quote "In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." John Muir.

*and also something for mrs CP but she failed to take the big hint at the time :)

Congrats on your dream coin :lol:

My dream coin is Cape Breton Island Black Nickel :(:lol: ....This coin was sold before I started collecting and I never got my chance to buy it :)

Only 2 or 3 people have this for trade that I can see...I have sent Emails asking for trades no one emailed me back (not even to say no thank you ) :):D

This coin is really special to me...Altho I was born in Halifax I lived most of my life in Cape Breton and having this coin in my collection would be like having a peice of home where ever I go :)

I hope someday I will have the chance to own this coin :lol:

CB_black_LRG.jpg

A lady sat beside her loom,

With yarns of every hue;

To weave Cape Breton tartan

She only chose a few.

Black for the wealth of our coal mines,

Grey for our Cape Breton steel,

Green for our lofty mountains,

Our valleys and our fields.

Gold for the golden sunsets

Shining bright on the lakes of Bras d’Or,

To show God’s hand hath lingered

To bless Cape Breton’s shores.

As she watched the pattern grow,

Then she could understand -

Her shuttle had been guided

By the Master Weaver’s hand.

I haven't been around long enough I suppose to have a real coin 'chase' story - at least not in the same sense as the folks who have been trying for years to track a coin. I have been fortunate to trade for and buy some very nice coins but there is one series that I just cannot get even though I have tried and tried.

The Avalanche coins are high on my want list and trying to trade for one has been difficult, to say the least. I believe I have only seen them offered for trade or on a trade list a few times. I tried for them but didn't get a response to some of my inquires and for those that did respond, I didn't have any coins of interest to make it work. I can understand as they are special coins and difficult to part with. I've not seen one of these on eBay either so haven't had the chance to bid but would guess they would be out of my limit anyway.

So I'll sit and wait and maybe in a month, year or maybe more, I can come on the forum and say I finally got one. Getting one for each year would be a dream but I'll try to be realistic and start with one first.

Congratulations on your coin Castle Man.....

Wow, congrats to you Jim. :) I've been lusting for a Zombie Tribe coin for a while and was sending him an email proposing a trade every month for a spell back there (I actually had a coin they had on their Seeker List). I guess spells aren't the Zombie's forte. :D

No funny stories about seeking out coins except for going for a 350 mile (round trip) ride to snag a Geo Secret Agent. It had been sitting in a cache for over 24 hours and nobody had noticed. Well I noticed from 2 counties away (actually it was only 1 but 2 sounds better) and zoomed up the coast, found the cache and made my trade (it IS non-trackable so one must trade fairly) and later went to visit a geo friend who lived in nearby Cambria.

c3e114fb-aac4-47e4-a738-e480f25e7cc9.jpg

Well it so happens my geofriend from Cambria knew I was on the prowl for a GeoSecretAgent and had found one she was keeping for me. SWEEEEET. Now I had 2. I felt truely fortunate that day!!

Alas I haven't been as fortunate with the GCF. We've emailed Her and made requests. We've pleaded and begged, vowing to dedicate our lives to charity if She graced us with Her presence and a visit to one of our caches (actually it was Rgbgal who did all the begging and pleading, I offered suggestions - but it sounds better if we were ALL begging and pleading). But GCF must have felt that our hearts weren't pure enough for Her graces and we've been heartbroken ever since. :)

:lol::(:):D:):)

Congrats on your coin Castle man

in the last few months i been much suprised by this great coiners forum

Everything what i wanted i have got in my mailbox

The mysteriecoiners has found me and they have send me 2 mysteriecoins wow that was a suprise i never thought i would get

i wanna say thanks to gbots with the hitchhikercoin 42 don't panic

I wanna say thanks to team fireboy who has give me the Anthus Firefighter for my friend

I wanna say thanks to Nochipra who has give me the accessibility geocoin

i wanna say thanks to cheesy pigs who has give me chase your dreams geocoin

i wanna say thanks to map monkey who has given me australian Emu 2008

i wanna say thanks to my friend lorca.nl who suprised me with several coins

i wanna say thanks to coiners who let me win there cointest[random of picked of the right answer]

i wanna say thanks to the mysteriecoiners on this forum, you al let us all believe]

i wanna say thanks to everybody ,i hope not have forget

i hope maybe you see a name who you think i've got a great coin for them and you wil suprised them for al the good things they do, i do not believe they did it only for me

thanks Castle man for doing this

:lol::D:D:):):lol:

congratuled jim....

this was my suprise:

my dear friend geo.error give me two weeks ago a coin so unbelievble beautiful.

it`s the hot cache coin from team firefighters.

i did`t know that she was gonna give me that coin so it was a big suprise.

when i saw the coin i was really in a little shock that she did that for my.

why i love the coin..that is because my little child is a dalmation girl dog and that sweet dog i got from my mama and that same sweet dog brings my and my friend together.

the only coin that i really want also is the saprano`s event coin for my lover because that is the only coin that he really adore`s and i wanna give him the same feeling what i feel when i got my coin from my dear friend.

the only thing that i can wish all of you is that you got your dream coin and that you got the same feeling what i have whit my coin.

people can suprise you and that`s a wonderful thing

That's such a great coin, right onto the top of my want list! Congrats! The folks in this community never cease to amaze me!

Thanks for the cointest. I love reading about the people in this community so these are always great fun :)

Our coin is Darthi v2 B/AS. I've tried, but I can't even find anyone who'll even admit they have a trader :D

Why do we want it?

My son loves Star Wars. Sometimes to a frightening degree, especially for someone who has not seen the movies!

Me, I want it because I *love* sharing geocoins with him. Caching and geocoins are my passion and whenever my son gets as excited about it as me, well, it just doesn't get any better than that. Oh yah, its a cool coin too :)

I'd pretty much would do whatever to share those experiences with him. I've bushwhacked at night in the rain in places I probably should not have been at that hour to get him a CCC coin when he wanted that the most and carried him a couple miles down the trail as we raced for a Moun10Bike Coinament dropped in one of our caches. Its all about those smiles :lol:

Our best surprise would be when I traded with LoriDarlin for a GeoSmurfz. I thought for sure that my son would fall over happy. But Lori was super kind and sent one of her personal coins along also and it was that that got his attention... mightyzinn still gets stupid silly when he looks at that coin. Thanks Lori!

I have been looking for a Nut Lady for a while now. As I have become more and more nuts over coins. :D I have logged one as our 100 trackable item, suitably enough, and ever since I´ve been looking out for them. We logged that coin over a year ago!

Had a question for a trade to a cacher but did never get any answer :) and after that I haven´t made any efforts again. But since you brought this storycharing up I felt like posting.

So a NutLadyCoin for a Lady who is nuts for coins, how about that. :)

grodan Karin from Sweden

Mighty Zinn has never seen any STAR WARS??? :):):D

Ok here is a coin that I haven't been able to trade for yet. I did receive an email from the owner of the personal coin but nothing so far...

When I was a kid, I grew up on a farm and we got two channels on our TV...CBC English and CBC French. For those of you in the States CBC is our national public station. Well, besides Tin Tin cartoons the Smurfs were the only cartoon that we were able to watch. On Sunday's Dad would speed home from church (45min away) so that we could catch the last episode (remember there were two per). My sister and I were smurfy for the smurfs!

Well, that was about 22 years ago now and I have 3 smurfs of my own. One day at Costco, I noticed the Smurfs Season 1 DVD collection and smurffed it up right away. It turns out that the Smurfs' 50th anniversary is on October 23rd! Anyway, I get great joy out of seeing this great cartoon again AND hearing my kids run around speaking smurf!

So my coin would be a Geosmurfz glow lightsabre coin.

PS-if you don't pick my post....please get Roddy his Yime :lol:

It's just great when people do something unexpected and kind. Thanks for sharing your story, Castle Man.

I have been looking for a Delft Blauw 'Windmolen' coin for a while. This coin, in particular, has family connections for me, as my grandfather came over from Holland with his family as a young boy. My father was first generation born in this country. We all got wooden shoes for Christmas, loved hearing him speak Dutch, and I remember him fondly.

I managed to find one of the 'Klomp' coins on the auction site, and, because of the emotional connections, happily paid a high price for it.

The windmill, though, seems to be completely unavailable for trade or sale anywhere I can see. It is top of my wish list.

There is one coin I have wanted since I first saw it and that is Dances With Moose. I tend to like the early simple personal coins and also the cartoony like one. This one always makes me laugh when I see it---just imagine a moose on its hind legs dancing! LMAO I believe it came out before I started this obsession. I thought I had a trade for it but when he looked it wasn't in his trader box. I also bid on one on ebay but no luck as I was outbid in the final seconds. This one so far has just eluded me but one can wish right? LOL

You said trackable though so I would wish for the Lemon Fresh Dog bone shaped coin. It is dog related and shaped like a dog bone so it is great!! No funny story here just a wish......

congrats to this amazing coin!

i think i have most of the coins i ever wanted, but i also

think that i don't know a lot of coins, too... :)

have seen a till the day we die coin in a friends coincollection.

this one is beautiul in my eyes, the design, the idea, the structure etc.

but i have never had

the chance to get one of those.

Well, I got my very most sought after Surprise coin a while back. Somebody totally surprised me by sending not just 1 But 2 of the "Fishnjack" coins ( talk about the eyes getting salty and tired).

My next in line wouldn't be for me but for Rockin Roddy to get his Yime :) and /or for MightyZinn to get his "Darthi" coin. After all he is an up and coming geocacher with at least 100 finds under his belt :)

Thank you,

Fairyhoney

I got a surprise today when a trade package from Fastest Turtle came with a little something extra today: a GeoScooter as a bonus! Thanks so much FT, and congrats on the sellout performance of your new personal GC over the weekend!

EDIT: Wow, I didn't even realize this was a contest! How about that. I'm not really looking for anything in particular, just saying 'thank you' to a generous cacher. Those are two words you can never wear out. :)

Edited by MountainRacer

What a great story, Jim! And what a great idea, too!

My currently most sought coins are coins with owls on them. My sweet little 2,5 yr old daughter loves owls! To please her, I try to find anything with owls on it (be it T-Shirts or puppets or coins like the Sweet Lake Cities or the Night Hunter coins or other things - see attached the artwork of a stamp, I carved for her ;o).

eulelotta2uj2.th.jpg

Congrats on the coin, its really cool looking.

The only coin that I have been unable to put my hand on have been the loggerhead turtles....any of them. I have bid a a few times at that e place only to have the price rise over $40 and my hubby tell me no. I dont know where my interest in turtles came from but I think they are graceful and beautiful and quite simply lucky. I had an special endangered species sea turtle license plate on my old truck (now my hubby's) but with the purchase of my new truck I was unable to purchase that plate and had to take a standard SC state plate (blah). So I get to watch my beautiful turtle plate on my hubbys car :lol: . One of these days when I actually have some trade ammo I will get one of these coins. ;)

The one coin that I would really like to get and have not been able to acquire would be the 2007 Compass Rose LE Two-tone, polished nickel with polished gold wheel and rim. I have tried to get a trade on this coin but received no reply to my email, and the cost on Ebay is pretty pricey :lol: . I purchased the black nickel and satin gold versions on Ebay soon after I started collecting coins and I love the design of this coin. ;)

Congratulations on getting the coin; you deserve it!

A geocoin that I really want is the Tracking Time coin. It's design is really awesome and I also love coins with bare metal. Unfortunately whenever the coin is up on eBay, it gets to high to purchase especially since I'm in my early teens and don't make the final decision about geocoin purchases. Also, I do not have any trade coins because the coins that I purchase, I release. However I should get the first geocoin I designed - the ConundrumCoin, and hopefully someone would trade me a Tracking Time for it.

Mighty Zinn has never seen any STAR WARS??? :lol:;):)

Ok here is a coin that I haven't been able to trade for yet. I did receive an email from the owner of the personal coin but nothing so far...

When I was a kid, I grew up on a farm and we got two channels on our TV...CBC English and CBC French. For those of you in the States CBC is our national public station. Well, besides Tin Tin cartoons the Smurfs were the only cartoon that we were able to watch. On Sunday's Dad would speed home from church (45min away) so that we could catch the last episode (remember there were two per). My sister and I were smurfy for the smurfs!

Well, that was about 22 years ago now and I have 3 smurfs of my own. One day at Costco, I noticed the Smurfs Season 1 DVD collection and smurffed it up right away. It turns out that the Smurfs' 50th anniversary is on October 23rd! Anyway, I get great joy out of seeing this great cartoon again AND hearing my kids run around speaking smurf!

So my coin would be a Geosmurfz glow lightsabre coin.

PS-if you don't pick my post....please get Roddy his Yime :D

I have to agree with this PS..... please get Roddy his Yime :D

I think my "dream coin" is the Lemon Fresh Bone one...either metal! LOL. Mr TH and I have had dogs since we've been married and at one time we had SIX! All rescues (of course) and they have given us so much happiness and much needed comfort at times. When we made our first "shaped" tag we made in the form of a dog tag.

I hadn't even seen one of these in person until last Oct when we saw someone's collection and he had TWO of them (one in each metal). I must say that we were drooling over them...I didn't realize how BIG and HEAVY they were! I think we are just drawn to that one because it's a shape AND doggy related!

As far as "surprise" coins...we've been gifted by a few coins by some cachers (most recently one of Koh Koh's (GBOTS) coins for my birthday. I've been lucky enough to have found a "mystery coin" here and there as well. Overall we feel lucky to have the coins that we do! :lol:

Congrats on that coin Castleman! I know that we've had that one on our "seeking" list for a while too! ;) What a great surprise for you!

Well, I got my very most sought after Surprise coin a while back. Somebody totally surprised me by sending not just 1 But 2 of the "Fishnjack" coins ( talk about the eyes getting salty and tired).

My next in line wouldn't be for me but for Rockin Roddy to get his Yime :) and /or for MightyZinn to get his "Darthi" coin. After all he is an up and coming geocacher with at least 100 finds under his belt :lol:

Thank you,

Fairyhoney

Now see, that's just plain nice of you ;) If I don't give you one of mightyzinn's Nerds when I finally give you the other coin I have here for you really ought to bonk me on the head with something heavy.

Nice one Jim! :D ...Glad you got that Zombie Tribe you've been after! Bet that was a good feeling seein that one in the mailer!- WHOA!

When it comes to coins I have actually persued to obtain, 2 come to mind...well 3, cause 2 of them are in a set.

First is the CCC...I mean I tried all kinds of Creepy lures from showin off my worms to Bakin a Creepy Crawly Cake (OK maybe I didnt bake it) I tried to be clever and I tried to beg...a little. Everything short of contacting CCC and straight up asking for one which I debated doing and just wont~Somethin bout contacting a mystery coiner and blatently asking just doesnt seem like the way it should be recieved. (Although I did send Geocoin Bug my addy- If I remember right, he kinda asked for em...???)

No worries though, there are many coins I want and will never get...But maybe someday I can sweet talk that Creepy Crawly fella into believeing Im Creepy...Im Crawly...and gosh darn-it People Fright me! :D ... :D

Another coin I have persued that I cannot get shouldnt be that hard but it is!-- The Mountain Cachoids Glow!!! and the Big City Glow! These were hot on my wish list when they came out...I got the Beach and the Desert (several of em) even got the RE Silver and Gold complete set...But no Glow Mountain or Big cities for me! Fluttershy had one, but traded it off before I could ask her. I think I should still be able to find one...Just gotta keep it up, its been awhile since Ive tried.

There are many coins on my high wish list, but I really havent persued getting em...of course being da Yime, a Moun10bike (which I may just persue) OG 05 Santa Mystery coin, Logger head copper Micro and many others...Dont know why I havent even tried, but these days I havent even proposed any trades recently! :) ...should be gettin internet at home on the 7th! :lol: ... ;)

Congrats again Jim...Happy you got your coin youve wanted all these days! :)

Hey Jim, that's excellent news - congratulations! :D

I dont want a coin for myself, as a heap of generous and kind people have already heaped plenty upon me :lol:

Like The G'O'Coin Bug Esq., Secret Leprechaun and Secret Geocoin Agent - :)

And great people like PengoFamily, forthferalz, T'n'T, Mousekakat, Map Monkey, gibbo003, TokyoBlossom, GolfNutz, OshnDoc, rinauldi, Crowesfeat30, rivercity, Team Chelmo, Arthur & Trillian, DubyaDee, CachingCoins, The Moops, Dorkfish, BlueMotmot, Mambomania, CastleMan, BelKen, etc etc etc for all the excellent trades and gifts and just remembering me and my greatest coin desires....and helping to fulfill them :D

And last but certainly not least - the extra special, tremendously wonderful CinemaBoxers who have made my geocoin collection something to really be proud of :D

I have too many great stories to tell, I'd be here for the rest of the year typing them out! Suffice to say, that this community is pretty darn special, and I will try to surprise at least one of these people with their heart's desire coins too.

Thanks CastleMan ;)

I haven't been collecting long enough to have any elusive coins! There are so many that I want -- even limiting myself to collecting regional coins! Actually, that 'limit' isn't holding very well B)

I guess the ones I am seeking the most right now are the ACGA coins in gold and silver (8 coins in total) and the Canadian Forces Geocacher #3. I'd like to get the ACGA coins because I'm a member of the association and have lived in Atlantic Canada for most of my life. I'd like to get the CF coin because my father was in the Navy and even I spent a short stint in the military in my youth. I'd like the #3 coin because several of the names on it are local to me -- I even know a few to say 'hi' to!

Congrats on your surprise, CastleMan! The big question is, what would your next ultimate surprise coin be?

Congrats on your surprise, CastleMan! The big question is, what would your next ultimate surprise coin be?

No doubt! I would love to hear what other surprise coin you'd would like to get :-) Especially as didn't you just release a ridiculous amount of coins into the wild? You must have an amazing collection, so I imagine whatever coin you'd want would be fairly tricky to get a hold of!

No doubt! I would love to hear what other surprise coin you'd would like to get :-) Especially as didn't you just release a ridiculous amount of coins into the wild? You must have an amazing collection, so I imagine whatever coin you'd want would be fairly tricky to get a hold of!

Yes, I released over 700 coins into the wild this year. I'll reach my goal of 1000 released as i still have two trips to Canada coming, one trip to Wyoming and at least two others planned to drop coins.

Castleman said:

"Yes, I released over 700 coins into the wild this year. I'll reach my goal of 1000 released as i still have two trips to Canada coming, one trip to Wyoming and at least two others planned to drop coins."

Hmmm, one trip to Wyoming. Would that trip be upcoming and in the month of July? I would like to meet you if your going to be in the Southeast corner of the state.

Edited by Team FIREBOY

Yes, I released over 700 coins into the wild this year. I'll reach my goal of 1000 released as i still have two trips to Canada coming, one trip to Wyoming and at least two others planned to drop coins.

I remember local NBJPoppa's log when he hit Groundspeak HQ and unexpectedly found a whole bunch of Castle Man coins there... you made icon collectors *very* happy :-)

Castleman said:

"Yes, I released over 700 coins into the wild this year. I'll reach my goal of 1000 released as i still have two trips to Canada coming, one trip to Wyoming and at least two others planned to drop coins."

Hmmm, one trip to Wyoming. Would that trip be upcoming and in the month of July? I would like to meet you if your going to be in the Southeast corner of the state.

Holy Somke!! Yep it's in late July in Cheyenne

I remember local NBJPoppa's log when he hit Groundspeak HQ and unexpectedly found a whole bunch of Castle Man coins there... you made icon collectors *very* happy :-)

I'll be visiting Groundspeak Headquarters in June this year and doing the Project A.P.E. Cache "Tunnel of Light" also. I plan on dropping a few more at both places when I arrive.

Holy smokes! How many are still accounted for? Depending upon your perspective, that's very brave or very crazy! B)

I was surprised with a coin about a month ago and it really touched my heart. That person asked to be kept anonymous and so I will honor that request. But that is how I came to learn first hand of the generosity of most people who frequent this part of the forum. :laughing:

So my dream coin? Hmm....aside from the tsun earth turtle which I have no hopes of ever getting I'd have to say the new Astro solar eclipse coin. I keep waiting to hear about the sale and am starting to believe that there won't be one. B)