Going paperless?

j2smith

You are almost there already. :lol:

If you export your caches into Mapsource from GSAK, just do the same thing.....ie, export them into cachemate (the same way).

You can dump thousands of caches into your pda and use it as your backup (in case the gps fails).

I have one more question. Can I download the hints and description into cachemate

I have one more question. Can I download the hints and description into cachemate

That's pretty much what you use cachemate for. With a pocket query gpx file output from GSAK you will get the following.

Info, Description, Hint, and past 5 logs. Basically everything you see on a cache's webpage will be in cachemate. That's why it's cool. No pictures or graphics from the cache site will be uploaded, just the text.

...and if for some reason you want more than 5 logs, you can keep dumping queries into gsak, and it will save more logs...although since you only have 7 minutes to hunt for each cache, You will run out of time while reading the pda :lol:

Thanks for all your help now I just need to find a pda that will work for this application. Will a Palm Zire or Palm Zire 72 work well for this?

Thanks for all your help now I just need to find a pda that will work for this application. Will a Palm Zire or Palm Zire 72 work well for this?

I use an old Palm Vx I got for $20 on ebay. The only downside to this unit is speed of transfer (serial vs. USB) and speed of sorting. I had the Vx for another purpose. If I were buying for cachemate I'd go with the ones Miragee mentioned.