Jump to content

.GPX files no longer load properly


cpacisa

Recommended Posts

I ran a query Friday and Saturday and the resultant .GPX file would not load into EasyGPS on the computer or cmconvert for my Palm. ;)

 

Trying to load into EasyGPS, I received the following error message:

"Open command could not be completed. The file...could not be opened. This is not a GPX file. Could not find <gpx> at the beginning of the file."

Cmconvert seemed to run okay, but in the end, nothing came across. The final message box stated "0 records..." :)

 

All of this has worked fine for me on many occasions over the past 2 years. I'm running a different query tonight, one I've successfully downloaded previously, to see if it's all the files I'm currently receiving or just that particular new one.

Link to post

Despite the uppercase/lowercase "g" issue, my pocket queries are still screwed up. They will open in GSAK, but not in Google Earth. Also, after opening in GSAK and trying to export to Microsoft Streets and Trips, I get an error message stating it's a "bad format". What's the deal? I just renewed my premium membership so that I could using the "cache along a route" option, yet it doesn't work for some reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Link to post

Despite the uppercase/lowercase "g" issue, my pocket queries are still screwed up. They will open in GSAK, but not in Google Earth. Also, after opening in GSAK and trying to export to Microsoft Streets and Trips, I get an error message stating it's a "bad format". What's the deal? I just renewed my premium membership so that I could using the "cache along a route" option, yet it doesn't work for some reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

 

OK, you might try what I did to (I hope) fix this problem.

I was using the Garmin Mapsource and I received a "could not be imported" error message.

The only Pocket Queries that I had a problem with were the Caches along a route, with regular (based on a fixed point) caches working fine.

 

The problem with the route caches occured when I added several filter items, such as not found, my hides, and the one that I think is the culprit: EARTHCACHES (not sure though).

I returned and reset my queries to very basic filters. After I did that, they worked OK. I will be returning to add filters one at a time to see what causes the problem, but since I am limited to 5 queries a day, it wil be a while before I totally figure this one out.

 

Hope this helps you

Dave

Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...