Cache With Most Visits

Racer57

There was some event that someone mentioned a while back that ~160 people logged ~80 times each making a total of ~12,800 attended logs. As far as traditional caches I would look for ones that were near Mega-events.

You got me curious so I checked it out. :lol:

Last year, over 1,900 people attended GeoWoodstock 5 and wrote 1,035 attended logs. There were no temporary caches there so all of those are legitimate and unique logs. One of the caches in the parking lot has 618 found logs. A nearby virtual has 644 logs. Not quite as many as the APE cache or plaque.

In just a month we're hosting GeoWoodstock 6 where 2,200 people have already registered to attend. That should yield over 1,200 attended logs. The single road leading to the venue is lined with 4 traditional caches. I expect record numbers of cachers to log these caches on their way to and from the event.

There was some event that someone mentioned a while back that ~160 people logged ~80 times each making a total of ~12,800 attended logs. As far as traditional caches I would look for ones that were near Mega-events.

You got me curious so I checked it out. :lol:

Last year, over 1,900 people attended GeoWoodstock 5 and wrote 1,035 attended logs. There were no temporary caches there so all of those are legitimate and unique logs. One of the caches in the parking lot has 618 found logs. A nearby virtual has 644 logs. Not quite as many as the APE cache or plaque.

In just a month we're hosting GeoWoodstock 6 where 2,200 people have already registered to attend. That should yield over 1,200 attended logs. The single road leading to the venue is lined with 4 traditional caches. I expect record numbers of cachers to log these caches on their way to and from the event.

That was interesting. Thanks for sharing that. The owners of those caches better load some very large logbooks in those caches before the mega-event! You'd think that the local micros and nanos would all run into logbook overflow issues during one of those mega-events.

Well, this Virtual has almost 400 valid targets and is one of the most beloved caches in our province: Brass Cap Cache GC43F3.

Oh yeah, 5410 Finds as of today.

Odd definition of a 'cache'. Some people with over 100 finds on 'it'.

That's not really a true virtual or a locationless or a moving cache, it's a moving virtual. Basically benchmark hunting using a cache page.

Well, this Virtual has almost 400 valid targets and is one of the most beloved caches in our province: Brass Cap Cache GC43F3.

Oh yeah, 5410 Finds as of today.

That's not really a true virtual or a locationless or a moving cache, it's a moving virtual. Basically benchmark hunting using a cache page.

It's a remnant of the past. They don't allow traveling caches or virtuals anymore. At least you can actually find a traveling cache more than once because it's never in the same place. So that one is understandable.

Yep, I'm approaching the 100-Finds club on it myself...I think I am at 97 right now.

My experience is that there are only two groups of people in the world, those who "get" that cache and those who don't. I have been caching with people who won't bother logging a brass cap because they don't feel it is real caching. I, being in the group that "get" it think it is a brilliant cache and enjoy seeking the brass caps whenever we can.

As I explained to someone once: I use GPS to go to a specific location, locate a specific item and then provide proof I was there, just like a traditional cache. The fact that the item is a brass cap and not a bison tube is irrelevant to me." :)

What I like it the varied challenge it provides. You never know where the next cap will be -- an urban location in the middle of a bridge or on the summit of a mountain. Middle of the prairie or middle of the sidewalk. Heck, you never know if you'll even find the cap at all given the number that get destroyed or buried.

Anyway, I'm sorry for going off topic. I'm just really glad gc.com made the decision to grandfather these classic caches!

The Original Stash Tribute Plaque currently has 1684 finds, which is the most I could find for a traditional cache.

Sin City Micro has 984 finds. Is it the micro with the most finds?

Toga Party is a virtual with 1777 finds. As far as I can tell, they're all legit. Eiffel Tower has over 2000, but I can't tell if they all really found it. *twists can opener*

Edited by DavidMac
I forgot to mention the cache with 3275 finds (as of 30 April 08). It is GC6D43 in Maine.

Since we go to Maine every summer I was intrigued by this. Looking at the cache page I know exactly what it is (but don't know the actual name of the object). Looking forward to logging it this summer!

You are correct is stating that this cache can be 'found' without actually visiting it. I guess my question was not specific enough. After all, geocaching is a game where everybody can play by their own rules. I state my 'rules' on my member page.

I know the answer that would enable me to log this cache. However, I will log it when I visit it in June.

This cache, a virt in the Magic Kingdom, has 1738 finds

This cache, a virt near the Epcot center, has 1606 finds

This cache, another virt near the Epcot center, has 1058 finds

This cache, a virt by the MGM studios, has 1154 finds

This cache, a virt by the Animal Knigdom, has 1207 finds

This cache, part of the Off your Rocker series, has 492 finds

notice the trend at the top. a bunch of virts.

Look around the map on the cache pages, you'll find a bunch off old caches

Of my 200 or so hides, I have a habit of placing out of the way or difficult hides. Some of the longer hikes may be found only once or twice a year. But I believe my And the Winner is.. cache GCMRDA near the entrance to Cedar Hill State Park south of Dallas has been found more than any other traditional cache in Texas. There are well over 300 unique finds on this one. That park was the site of one of the GeoWoodstocks but the cache was placed prior to an annual Texas event called the Texas Challenge.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...97-5cc99ff84263