Parallels and the colorado 300

I use a mac but I have parallels to run windows on it. When I attempt to use my colorado through parallels to download maps from mapsource it says that the device is in use by another program and I need to quit that first. I am assuming that the program which is using the colorado is on the mac side but I cant figure out what it would be. Anyone got an idea?

I use a mac but I have parallels to run windows on it. When I attempt to use my colorado through parallels to download maps from mapsource it says that the device is in use by another program and I need to quit that first. I am assuming that the program which is using the colorado is on the mac side but I cant figure out what it would be. Anyone got an idea?

I have this same problem too. I just have to yank the cable out and plug it back in. I'm not sure what's getting the Garmin hung up on the Mac side, but I've never had an issue with just unplugging it despite the dire warnings of imminent doom and gloom that pops up every time I do so.

I'm using VMWare Fusion btw.

Same problem here (and unfortunately, Garmin's current Mac offerings do not replace MapSource). I've found that if Parallels is set to ask about connecting to USB devices, I need to hit "Yes" the instant the message pops up, or else OS X "grabs" the Colorado. Once that happens you have to disconnect and try again. If you have Parallels set to automatically connect to USB devices, then there should be no problem.