White Jeep TB in Original Packaging?

ArtieD

I had some pleasant cachers from Australia visit my home cache today and they dropped off some coins and bugs. One gentleman put in a box that looked like it had a diecast car in it. Upon further inspection later it turned out to be a White Jeep TB.

It very much looks like it's still in its original box. The Jeep has the proper TB tag on it and it is securely affixed to the box. There is some Sharpie markings on the door and hood, as you can see.

Here's some pics of it...I know how hard it is these days to find White Jeep TB these days...but have I stumbled upon one in original packaging?

Photo1.jpg

Photo2.jpg

I donno, kinda beat up. The collector value might be a bit low. :)

And you shouldn't call people peasants, even if they are from Australia.

I double checked my post and I was fine...no "peasant" in there...I spelled it right. ;)

Were these shipped out like this?

lmao I think the duck missed reading the l in pleasant ;)

As for original box, The box looks pretty bad, not to mention that the box had to have been open to get the tag on the jeep along with the sharpie markings. No clue as to whether it could be original I never received them form Jeep directly and everyone I ever saw to include events had them out of box with no boxes in sight.

Here's some pics of it...I know how hard it is these days to find White Jeep TB these days...but have I stumbled upon one in original packaging?

That looks like it has a regular TB tag on it rather than the Jeep-branded tags that I've seen on Jeep TBs. Does it have a tracking code that starts with "JP"?

dave

Flip the tag over and you will see the travel bug logo side. That is what you see in the picture. :huh:

That looks like it has a regular TB tag on it rather than the Jeep-branded tags that I've seen on Jeep TBs. Does it have a tracking code that starts with "JP"?

dave

Flip the tag over and you will see the travel bug logo side. That is what you see in the picture. :blink:

That is the original box. I've seen them in boxes like that before.. mostly at events, but the first one I ever found was also still in the box. I have a non-TB one I bought at Wal-Mart not too long after the bugs came out... same box there as well. Maisto is the name of the company that made them.

I think those were the only ones to come in a box like that. I got a red one in the mail last year that just came with the Jeep and tag in a padded manilla envelope.