Tranquility Geocoins

BlueMotmot

With all due respect to Eartha, FSM, and to the people who make this forum possible...there's a big, pink elephant in the middle of the room, and it's relieving itself upon the citizens of this community.

A Groundspeak approved vendor just came in here and threatened legal action against Groundspeak customers, (and even its own customers), over a product enabled with features that are specifically functional on a Groundspeak website.

GC can't let that happen, as it sets a very dangerous precedent.

How about instead of any further discussion here, I'll just say that I'll be contacting a Groundspeak representative to suggest that perhaps some "disapproval" is now in order?

With all due respect to Eartha, FSM, and to the people who make this forum possible...there's a big, pink elephant in the middle of the room, and it's relieving itself upon the citizens of this community.

A Groundspeak approved vendor just came in here and threatened legal action against Groundspeak customers, (and even its own customers), over a product enabled with features that are specifically functional on a Groundspeak website.

GC can't let that happen, as it sets a very dangerous precedent.

How about instead of any further discussion here, I'll just say that I'll be contacting a Groundspeak representative to suggest that perhaps some "disapproval" is now in order?

I agree whole heartedly.

This will constitute my final post in this thread.

For ALL to heed:

ANYONE attempting to sell TRANQUILITY on eBay from this point forward will be reported as an intellectual property right violation.

Questions* can be directed to the law firm of:

Hutchinson, Cox, Coons, DuPriest, Orr & Sherlock, PC

John Cox

200 Forum Building

777 High Street

Eugene, Oregon 97401

(541) 686-9160

*not that they will talk to you about it.

~J

WOW

that's completely crazy stuff Jim. And to tell you the truth i became really confused since i want to sell MY Titanic from the original batch, my "Can of Beans Geocoins", my .... every one i bought from Geocoindesign and I don't want to be surprised in the future with such statements.

This isn't nice and will probably have impact on how i buy geocoins.

Paulo

Here is the list I have. I have all but 2 versions and some versions had more than 1 minting. On some, I have collected both the 1st and 2nd minting but I am not sure of all of the versions with more than 1 minting.

Light Edition (Gold)

Light Edition (Rhodium)

Dark Edition (Gold)

Dark Edition (Rhodium)

Antique Gold

Antique Nickel

Nickel on Copper

Copper on Nickel

Gold on Nickel

Red Passion

Blue is my World Silver

Blue is my World Gold

Luxury Edition (Black Nickel / Gold)

Black Nickel / Copper (Trade only / 25 coins)

Purple Haze (Gold)

Green Giant gold

Green Giant nickel

German Gold Edition

German Silver Edition

USA Gold Edition

Black Widow Edition (Silver)

Glowing Blue Heaven

Glowing Green Monster

Glowing Golden Globe

Glowing Rose

Sepp + Berta Edition

Portugal Black Nickel

Portugal Gold LE

Antique Copper (Artist Edition – only 30 minted)

Mardi Gras

Purple Haze (Nickel)

German Black Forest (Mint Error, 25 total)

Antique Bronze (Mint Error, 25 total)

Black Widow Edition (Gold) (Mint Error)

USA Silver/Nickel Edition

USA Blood in the Ocean

Finale by Paula, Geocaching Colors

Trickster

:)

Here is the list I have. I have all but 2 versions and some versions had more than 1 minting. On some, I have collected both the 1st and 2nd minting but I am not sure of all of the versions with more than 1 minting.

Light Edition (Gold)

Light Edition (Rhodium)

Dark Edition (Gold)

Dark Edition (Rhodium)

Antique Gold

Antique Nickel

Nickel on Copper

Copper on Nickel

Gold on Nickel

Red Passion

Blue is my World Silver

Blue is my World Gold

Luxury Edition (Black Nickel / Gold)

Black Nickel / Copper (Trade only / 25 coins)

Purple Haze (Gold)

Green Giant gold

Green Giant nickel

German Gold Edition

German Silver Edition

USA Gold Edition

Black Widow Edition (Silver)

Glowing Blue Heaven

Glowing Green Monster

Glowing Golden Globe

Glowing Rose

Sepp + Berta Edition

Portugal Black Nickel

Portugal Gold LE

Antique Copper (Artist Edition – only 30 minted)

Mardi Gras

Purple Haze (Nickel)

German Black Forest (Mint Error, 25 total)

Antique Bronze (Mint Error, 25 total)

Black Widow Edition (Gold) (Mint Error)

USA Silver/Nickel Edition

USA Blood in the Ocean

Finale by Paula, Geocaching Colors

Trickster

So many minting errors. :cry: I thought I had the antique bronze, but it turned out to be a antique gold version 3. :P But I guess there is no way of reallly telling.

So many minting errors. :) I thought I had the antique bronze, but it turned out to be a antique gold version 3. :cry: But I guess there is no way of reallly telling.

unless you have them sitting side by side. then it is obvious. we know this part. but seeing a photo of just one, hard to tell.

i thought there were only two mint versions of the antique gold? the first one being lighter and the second, more antiqued and darker. i had two mint versions of the blue is my world. the original was lighter and the second was darker. it really didn't matter, i gave the darker one away and kept the lighter 'cause i liked the colours better.

speaking of tranquility wants, i am still looking for an antique gold as it was the first one i collected and part of the collection i sold. i still regret HAVING to sell the collection. i hung onto about 5. should have kept the antique bronze. sigh.

lara

Edited by RedShoesGirl

Does anyone else find it ironic that so much unrest has been associated with a coin titled "Tranquility?"

Maybe we should refer to them as "Hostilities" or "Turbulences?" That might be a fun cointest...

Oh, goodness, that is hiliarious! I love the idea of a parody coin. I'm going to have to stay up all night when I get off watch and see what I can come up with. : )

you may want to be very careful about the design on that one. parody of a politician is one thing, but sheesh, don't be incorporating any of the tranquility elements in your parody.

rsg

I have 2 mintings of the ant. gold: 1 light, 1 dark.

I have 2 mintings of the Blue Is My World: difference in colors.

I have 2 ant. copper coins that look different to me, not sure if there were 2 mintings of this version.

I am sure there are other versions with more than 1 minting.

Karen

the tranquility craze is one of the reasons i never collected them.. way too many want them,, way too many crave them... kinda like tring to get all of tsuns coins.. way to hard. i have 1 tranq. and it was gifited to me by someone special here during a trade.. anyway.. i think theres been too much fuss about this coin.. i know everyone loves them but common ppl lets be realistic here,, 38 versions!!! probably only 1-2 maybe 3 whole ppl know how many were made and its gotts be in the thousands of coins alltogeather. i just think theres been to much drama over one coin here.. just my opinion.

Yes, it is a bit annoying when people bring back a design over and over in different colors and metals just to make money.

Absolutely agree with that statement!

~J

no one has answered why this is a bad thing. most coin designers do it ALL the time. new colours, new metal combinations. does anyone think this is anything but a way to make money off the original design and dies of a successful coin?

it is not for the generosity of spirit, otherwise coin designers would be selling coins for EXACTLY what they paid to have them minted. there is always profit, profit is a good thing.

people, we live in a capitalist society so can we really point fingers at someone who is being a capitalist? anyone who buys coins at one price and sells them for another is doing the same thing.

i think folks are ticked off because tranquility prices have gone so high as to make them almost impossible for the average coin collector to obtain. i can't afford a bmw sports car that i would truly love to have, but that doesn't make me angry at those that can afford it. a little jealous perhaps, but not angry.

such is the way of the world.

rsg

Edited by RedShoesGirl

Groundspeak is fully aware of what has been posted in this thread. Any further discussion in this thread should be in reply to the OP's original question, and not about the Pink Elephant.

darn it...and i was saving up for the "pink elephant" edition or the "800 pound gorilla" black nickel edition! oh well, i guess those editions won't be minted now. :)

Groundspeak is fully aware of what has been posted in this thread. Any further discussion in this thread should be in reply to the OP's original question, and not about the Pink Elephant.

darn it...and i was saving up for the "pink elephant" edition or the "800 pound gorilla" black nickel edition! oh well, i guess those editions won't be minted now. :)

I think Jackalgirl is already working on those two :cry:

Anyway, I've seen a few postings around the net quoting minting numbers for specific editions. If someone can clarify these it would be useful, perhaps we could create a list of all versions with minting numbers included for people looking for specific information about these wonderful coins.

Tranquility Artists Edition Antique Copper - (30 Minted)

Tranquility Antique Bronze - (25 Minted)

Tranquility Sepp & Berta Pink - (100 Minted)

Tranquility Antique Gold - (75 Minted)

Tranquility Blood in the Ocean - (15 Minted)

Tranquility German Black Forest - (25 Minted)

Tranquility Portugal Edition Black Nickel (75 Minted)

Tranquility Portugal Edition Gold Limited Edition (25 Minted)

It would be nice to get numbers for some of the other version, like the glows for instance.

does anyone think this is anything but a way to make money off the original design and dies of a successful coin?

rsg

May I just add that I only want my dies to sit on my shelf at home next to my CinemaBoxers ones? No money to be made there... and as Jim has pointed out so many times in the recent past - I no longer have anything to do with GeocoinDesign, other than art I had been hired to do - as a now independent artist.

I might make a few wax casts, perhaps a sculpey Tranq traveler or token, who knows... but I dont see anything else happening with those Tranquility dies. =) I just want them because they were promised to me a long long time ago, and I enjoy having my dies here at home.

This will constitute my final post in this thread.

THE ORIGINAL SELLER who attempts to sell TRANQUILITY on eBay from this point forward will be reported as an intellectual property right violation.

Questions* can be directed to the law firm of:

Hutchinson, Cox, Coons, DuPriest, Orr & Sherlock, PC

John Cox

200 Forum Building

777 High Street

Eugene, Oregon 97401

(541) 686-9160

*not that they will talk to you about it.

~J

Edit: Corrected a misconception - my bad.

You are at best delusional about this.

In essence you are trying to assert (long after the initial sale I might add) that you sold a license to keep the merchandise and not the merchandise itself. Microsoft does this with their OS, however, a coin is not intellectual property, it is a material item and you did not require the buyer agree to any disclaimers when the coins were purchased restricting the coin, it's ownership or it's saleability. In short you have no legal bearing or as we say in Idaho "a leg to stand on".

Not sure what you intended to accomplish with a statement like this but now that you have played your cards I can't see myself buying any coins from your store or from you again. It's one thing to control an artistic copyright but you do not control the market place or people's private property.

ummmmm...no pink elephant discussion...no 800 pound gorilla discussion...ear muffs...ear muffs...ear muffs... :)

Edited by Odyssey Voyager

I'm fortunate to have an antique bronze obtained from the Castleman himself, as well as a few ot the other less common ones. I stupidly gave up my blue glow because I thougth the glows were ugly.

I'm not sure which other tranqs I 'm missing - they have their own special album - I'll have to go through and check.

I'm fortunate to have an antique bronze obtained from the Castleman himself, as well as a few ot the other less common ones. I stupidly gave up my blue glow because I thougth the glows were ugly.

I'm not sure which other tranqs I 'm missing - they have their own special album - I'll have to go through and check.

The ant. bronze is so hard to find, you're lucky to own one :) I still need the ant. bronze and the Portugal gold to complete my collection.

I agree with you on the glows; when I got my first glow I thought they were pretty ugly. I would not own them if it were not for hopes of one day having all 38 versions. If I ever run across a blue one I'll let you know.

Karen

Edited by kehunt64

Can I ask something? does anybody here know the mintage of the German gold tranquility??

I am not sure if that is the one I have, but I think it is! :cry:

I can not find mintages and since I like keeping info about my coins... :)

compare the picture of the one i sent you with pics on the listing sites. i "think" it was the german gold, but i may not be remembering right. i don't know the mint numbers.

rsg

Can I ask something? does anybody here know the mintage of the German gold tranquility??

I am not sure if that is the one I have, but I think it is! :D

I can not find mintages and since I like keeping info about my coins... :cry:

compare the picture of the one i sent you with pics on the listing sites. i "think" it was the german gold, but i may not be remembering right. i don't know the mint numbers.

rsg

:P I did and the one I have is probably the German gold! :) I am 99.9% sure! :cry:

Unfortunatelly I can not find any mintage! :) I just need the one of this version to write it in my list!

Of course I am missing many other info from my other coins but... I like collecting these things :D

I have 2 mintings of the ant. gold: 1 light, 1 dark.

I have 2 mintings of the Blue Is My World: difference in colors.

I have 2 ant. copper coins that look different to me, not sure if there were 2 mintings of this version.

I am sure there are other versions with more than 1 minting.

Karen

These were minted a second time (at least) :

Light Edition (Gold)

Light Edition (Rhodium)

Dark Edition (Gold)

Dark Edition (Rhodium)

I had both first and second mintings of the Dark Gold and can advise the colours of the second are a little lighter.

It is interesting that you have 2 versions of the antique copper "A.E. 30"

Edited by haysonics

I'm fortunate to have an antique bronze obtained from the Castleman himself

Cool. This is probably the only way of verifying!

There really is no way to tell once the coins are in the secondary market, the AG v1 from the bronze, I was told it was the insert color. That one had orange the other had white. Well, mine has white and now I am told mine was an AG v1 instead... oh well. Having seend the AG v1, AG v2 and bronze side by side it comes down to opinion and since the sample set is so small it's impossible to sell what belongs where.

ummmmm...no pink elephant dicussion...

:rolleyes:

Who knows, maybe there's a Pink Elephant XXLE Tranquility coin out there somewhere...

:ph34r:

ummmmm...no pink elephant discussion...

:rolleyes:

Who knows, maybe there's a Pink Elephant XXLE Tranquility coin out there somewhere...

:ph34r:

:P

I had both first and second mintings of the Dark Gold and can advise the colours of the second are a little lighter.

i am pretty sure you have this backwards. i had the first edition of the coin and it definitely lighter. the second minting were darker, with more antiquing. i bought the first minting from the store and it has a different activation code than the later mintings which simply said "castle"

rsg

There really is no way to tell once the coins are in the secondary market, the AG v1 from the bronze, I was told it was the insert color. That one had orange the other had white. Well, mine has white and now I am told mine was an AG v1 instead... oh well. Having seend the AG v1, AG v2 and bronze side by side it comes down to opinion and since the sample set is so small it's impossible to sell what belongs where.

i thought you said you didn't have a bronze? were you just able to see one? i would give my eyeteeth to have mine back again. :rolleyes:

rsg

Edited by RedShoesGirl

the tranquility craze is one of the reasons i never collected them.. way too many want them,, way too many crave them... kinda like tring to get all of tsuns coins.. way to hard. i have 1 tranq. and it was gifited to me by someone special here during a trade.. anyway.. i think theres been too much fuss about this coin.. i know everyone loves them but common ppl lets be realistic here,, 38 versions!!! probably only 1-2 maybe 3 whole ppl know how many were made and its gotts be in the thousands of coins alltogeather. i just think theres been to much drama over one coin here.. just my opinion.

Yes, it is a bit annoying when people bring back a design over and over in different colors and metals just to make money.

Absolutely agree with that statement!

~J

no one has answered why this is a bad thing. most coin designers do it ALL the time. new colours, new metal combinations. does anyone think this is anything but a way to make money off the original design and dies of a successful coin?

it is not for the generosity of spirit, otherwise coin designers would be selling coins for EXACTLY what they paid to have them minted. there is always profit, profit is a good thing.

people, we live in a capitalist society so can we really point fingers at someone who is being a capitalist? anyone who buys coins at one price and sells them for another is doing the same thing.

i think folks are ticked off because tranquility prices have gone so high as to make them almost impossible for the average coin collector to obtain. i can't afford a bmw sports car that i would truly love to have, but that doesn't make me angry at those that can afford it. a little jealous perhaps, but not angry.

such is the way of the world.

rsg

I have to agree with you on this.

When I started collecting, we were a community of traders. When I bought a couple of coins, I could count on the extras I bought being traders, and being able to get coins I missed. Supplies were that limited.

Now, we mint and mint until everyone can buy one. Along the way, prices have skyrocketed. Trades are few and far between. Why trade when you can buy? Which is a shame since I valued the relationships I built by trading. But things fade away, and we all get on with life.

But this coin, they could mint in 1000 new metals, and give them away, and I still wouldn't add one to my collection. Way too much drama from the folks who bring drama in everything they do. :rolleyes:

i am pretty sure you have this backwards. i had the first edition of the coin and it definitely lighter. the second minting were darker, with more antiquing. i bought the first minting from the store and it has a different activation code than the later mintings which simply said "castle"

rsg

I believe Haysonics is referring to the "Dark Tranquility in gold", the one that has translucent enamels. I do believe there were 2 mintings of that versions, according to prior posts in this thread.

i thought you said you didn't have a bronze? were you just able to see one? i would give my eyeteeth to have mine back again. :rolleyes:

rsg

Several months ago I was working on a trade for an Ant. Bronze but after numerous emails with Castle Man and another cacher who owns an Ant. Bronze, Ant. Gold V1 and Ant. Gold V2, we discovered the coin, unfortunately, appeared to be an Ant. Gold V1.

Here are the differences between them, as I was told:

Ant. Bronze: white insert, mixed activation code, barely any antique finish, much yellower than the gold ones.

Ant. Gold V1: white insert, mixed activation code, antique finish.

Ant. Gold V2: yellow insert, same generic group activation code used for all of the later mintings, much darker antique finish.

I own the Ant. Gold V1 and V2, but unfortunately I still have not seen the Ant. Bronze in person. I have only seen it in pictures that were emailed to me.

Karen

Edited by kehunt64

rsg

I believe Haysonics is referring to the "Dark Tranquility in gold", the one that has translucent enamels. I do believe there were 2 mintings of that versions, according to prior posts in this thread.

Yes. We used to call it Dark Gold but "Dark Tranquility in gold" makes more sense. I kept the slightly lighter one (2nd minting) as it looks a bit nicer; a small "improvement". It would be cool to get everyones tranqs together and compare these minor differences. Numismatists call these subcategories VAMS. Can't remember what the initials stand for. VAM collectors are the geeks of the coin world. The Geeks' Geek. Not that we are geeks or anything. Well at least im not :rolleyes:

Edited by haysonics

rsg

That's a pleasant surprise. I kept the slightly lighter one. Nice that it is one of the first. I had assumed it was a later "improvement". It would be cool to get everyones tranqs together and compare these minor differences. Numismatists call these subcategories VAMS. Can't remember what the initials stand for. VAM collectors are the geeks of the coin world. The Geeks' Geek. Not that we are geeks or anything. Well at least im not :rolleyes:

Haysonics, I could be mistaken but I think Lara (RSG) was referring to the "Antique Gold Tranquility" in her reply, not the "Dark Tranquility" in gold that has the translucent enamels.

rsg

That's a pleasant surprise. I kept the slightly lighter one. Nice that it is one of the first. I had assumed it was a later "improvement". It would be cool to get everyones tranqs together and compare these minor differences. Numismatists call these subcategories VAMS. Can't remember what the initials stand for. VAM collectors are the geeks of the coin world. The Geeks' Geek. Not that we are geeks or anything. Well at least im not :ph34r:

alas, i got it wrong as kehunt pointed out. i thought you were talking about the all gold metal - i.e. antique gold and not the "dark gold" translucent dark enamels over gold.

with the dark gold enameled coin, the darker colour was the first minting and the lighter version of the same enamels was the second minting.

sorry!

i figure it doesn't really matter which minting one has, it is what you like the best.

the tranquility really shows how the difference in metal affects the colour of the translucent enamel over it. sometimes nickel is good and sometimes gold is good and my personal fave is rhodium. richer than nickel but not yellow like the gold.

i am still holding out hope to replace v1 of the antique gold - 'cause that is the first one i ever bought, from the castle coins site.

or maybe it was the second and red passion was the first. i know those two were the first tranquilties i owned.

oh lara, whatever!

i agree, one of these days, those of us that have tranqs should all get together and compare coins. :P

right. :rolleyes:

the tranquility really shows how the difference in metal affects the colour of the translucent enamel over it. sometimes nickel is good and sometimes gold is good and my personal fave is rhodium. richer than nickel but not yellow like the gold.

The Dark Tranquility in Rhodium is an interesting coin. It looks like nickel under a light globe but gold in daylight. The Light Tranquility in Rhodium that I had didn't do this, just looked like a really rich nickel.

Edited by haysonics

The Dark Tranquility in Rhodium is an interesting coin. It looks like nickel under a light globe but gold in daylight. The Light Tranquility in Rhodium that I had didn't do this, just looked like a really rich nickel.

the light gold is just so elegant looking, no matter which metal was used. i am obsessed with replacing my whole collection but there are a few of the old ones i would like to have. but with PRICE$$$$ the way they are, it will be a cold day in the hot place before i add anymore to my collection. i am almost content with what i have.

(if i could spell or type i wouldn't have to modify my posts.)

rsg

Edited by RedShoesGirl

the light gold is just so elegant looking, no matter which metal was used. i am obsessed with replacing my whole collection but there are a few of the old ones i would like to have. but with PRICE$$$$ the way they are, it will be a cold day in the hot place before i add anymore to my collection. i am almost content with what i have.

(if i could spell or type i wouldn't have to modify my posts.)

rsg

Yes, both the Light Gold and Light Rhodium look great. In the end I hung onto the Light Gold. I reduced my collection to 10 so FWIW here are my favourites (in no particular order) :

Light Edition (Gold)

Dark Edition (Gold)

Nickel on Copper

Copper on Nickel

Gold on Nickel

Blue is my World (Nickel)

Purple Haze (Gold)

Purple Haze (Nickel)

USA Blood in the Ocean

Trickster

Edited by haysonics

Maybe your subconscious thinks differently :drama:

oh, thanks. no, we are not really interesting in replacing the whole thing. just a couple: light rhodium or gold, don't have to have both and the antique gold. that would give me 10 versions, a perfect number. the outer rim of the light edition was what the trickster was SUPPOSED to have, but i goofed on the enamel number, hence the name trickster.

FWIW my little collection consists of:

Trickster

Antique Nickel

Luxury

Blood in the ocean

Black Widow Gold

mardi gras

red passion

blue is my world

i received a message from ebay today, saying one of the tranquility geocoin auctions i had bid on was being pulled.

>>>>

We're sorry to tell you that the item isn't available for purchase anymore. We removed the listing because it likely fell into one of these three categories:

-- The listing doesn't follow eBay guidelines.

-- The item isn't allowed on eBay or can only be listed under certain conditions.

-- The listing contains pictures or words that may have violated copyright or trademark rights.

This is disappointing for everyone, but sometimes it's an action we have to take to protect you as a buyer.<<<

anybody else received this note? please tell me there isn't forgery going on.

Edited by RedShoesGirl

i received a message from ebay today, saying one of the tranquility geocoin auctions i had bid on was being pulled.

>>>>

We're sorry to tell you that the item isn't available for purchase anymore. We removed the listing because it likely fell into one of these three categories:

-- The item isn't allowed on eBay or can only be listed under certain conditions.

-- The listing contains pictures or words that may have violated copyright or trademark rights.

This is disappointing for everyone, but sometimes it's an action we have to take to protect you as a buyer.<<<

There are NO FORGERIES, sheesh, No need to start more unwarranted drama in these forums.

I believe Jim (geocoinguy) is reporting all LEGITIMATE ebay tranquility auction listings as copyright violations. He made some post in this thread about doing that, but honestly I thought the post made was directed at one specific individual and not everyone who purchased or traded for tranquility coins.

This is an absolute abuse of an eBay protective policy BTW and I am surprised that he's getting away with it. This was a commercially sold coin and reselling them is not a copyright violation at all.

And for the record, I am NOT one of the sellers with tranquility coins on ebay.

Edited by AtlantaGal

>>>>

There are NO FORGERIES, sheesh, No need to start more unwarranted drama in these forums.

I am so glad you know that. whew, such a relief i feel. i guess you don't remember recent threads about geocoin forgeries.

I believe Jim (geocoinguy) is reporting all LEGITIMATE ebay tranquility auction listings as copyright violations. He made some post in this thread about doing that, but honestly I thought the post made was directed at one specific individual and not everyone who purchased or traded for tranquility coins.

This is an absolute abuse of an eBay protective policy BTW and I am surprised that he's getting away with it. This was a commercially sold coin and reselling them is not a copyright violation at all.

>>>>

Let me start off by saying that the VeRO Program folks at eBay have indeed taken action. However, I am reporting SPECIFIC sales by a SPECIFIC individual. If VeRO is 'blanket ending' coins by name, and not by auction number as I have reported them, its entirely out of my control.

If anyone has a problem with that, do let me know VIA my eBay 'About me' page where a specific email link is provided. That link is here.

I would NEVER point out or halt an auction of a "Legitimately purchased or traded" coin by its owner. It is the 'minter' of the coin that violates the copyright protection. Hope that clears it up for you.

~J

>>>>

Hi, I also got one of those emails and I believe it was a new listing which was quickly removed. Interestingly, it was a Tranquility Blue Is My World in Gold, I think all ebay members who have tranquilities on their watch list probably got one of these emails. After reading recent posts in this thread it would appear ebay have got their wires crossed.

>>>>

Let me start off by saying that the VeRO Program folks at eBay have indeed taken action. However, I am reporting SPECIFIC sales by a SPECIFIC individual. If VeRO is 'blanket ending' coins by name, and not by auction number as I have reported them, its entirely out of my control.

If anyone has a problem with that, do let me know VIA my eBay 'About me' page where a specific email link is provided. That link is here.

I would NEVER point out or halt an auction of a "Legitimately purchased or traded" coin by its owner. It is the 'minter' of the coin that violates the copyright protection. Hope that clears it up for you.

~J

Well, that is how I thought I interpreted your original posting on the subject, however, the notice I received was from a different seller (or atleast I thought it was a different seller) and that had me quite alarmed. Thanks for the clarification.

Hi, I also got one of those emails and I believe it was a new listing which was quickly removed. Interestingly, it was a Tranquility Blue Is My World in Gold, I think all ebay members who have tranquilities on their watch list probably got one of these emails. After reading recent posts in this thread it would appear ebay have got their wires crossed.

it was an old, finished auction and i got just the one notice - for a coin i had bid on - not the others i had a watch on. if i remember correctly the auction had been finished for a little more than a week.

rsg

... It is the 'minter' of the coin that violates the copyright protection. Hope that clears it up for you.

~J

or the designer.

on the back of the tranquility coin:

The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature.

beautiful sentiments, yes? but who wrote them?

the words are not enclosed with quote marks.

and there is no attribution to the original author: Anne Frank (1929–1945)

without quotes and attribution it appears the designer of the coin penned those words. instead they were lifted from another source.

those that live in copyright glass houses should not be throwing stones.

Edited by RedShoesGirl