Tranquility Geocoins

BlueMotmot

For unto those that have pockets deep as thy eternal waters I say the laird of the castle shall forever provideth new tranquilities.

:laughing: Well spoken!

so true :anibad::rolleyes: I was working on getting the whole set, I have 26, but now I am thinking it is a waste of time as new ones keep popping up and my pockets are not as deep as eternal waters. The prices on ebay are insane.

Yeah, I think its getting ridiculous.

My apologizes if this comment comes across as "testy" .....I would just love to get all of them and that goal seems to get further away with each new one discovered....probably shouldn't do "quick posts" between appointments at work!

Edited by BlueMotmot

blue is my world — gold

anyone that wants to use my coin pics on their coin page, it is cool with me.

3145752324_97a172ff17_o.jpg

That blue is the bst.

Just Where does one gind ALL these tranquilities that have been out there?

ebay. hardly any available for trade - but there are a few. right now there are none on ebay at all. they come and go. i have a $izeable investment in tranquilities. don't ask me why, cause i can't quite explain it. :lol:

rsg

Edited by RedShoesGirl

Is there any difference in the colour of the enamels between the gold and nickel versions ?

slightly.

and the nickel versions are slightly different from each other, older ones are a bit lighter with less magenta in the light blue.

but unless you are looking at them side by side you wouldn't notice the difference. of course, i like comparing them all. still obsessed i am. :lol:

lara

I just looked again at your photo, the 3D is amazing !

Is there any difference in the enamels between the different mintings of the Dark Gold ?

i dunno that one. i haven't really compared ALL the different editions. cause i don't have multiple versions of them all - only a couple so, if you would like to send me some that would be way cool. ;)

lara

:D Yeah, like you need another tranq.

You really have them all. Slight colour differences with different mintings of the same metal is a sub sub subcategory. Kind of like scratches. Well this one has a scratch here but on this one .... :D For awhile I was really keen to find out as I love the colours of the DG but wish they were a bit lighter. Thought maybe my DG was from the first minting and that maybe the later edition might be a bit lighter. I have gotten over it now :D

Anyway posting my DG to you for comparison wouldn't work as yours might be the same minting.

Edited by haysonics

:D Yeah, like you need another tranq.

You really have them all. Slight colour differences with different mintings of the same metal is a sub sub subcategory. Kind of like scratches. Well this one has a scratch here but on this one .... :D For awhile I was really keen to find out as I love the colours of the DG but wish they were a bit lighter. Thought maybe my DG was from the first minting and that maybe the later edition might be a bit lighter. I have gotten over it now :D

Anyway posting my DG to you for comparison wouldn't work as yours might be the same minting.

true. now you have me curiouser and curiouser.

lara

It's done!

During my holidays I finally received the last TQ! Thank you to all the nice people out there who helped me to complete this task!

So what to collect now???

first time i have seen this post! i wondered if you were going to mention you HAVE THEM ALL!!!!!

so now you have to get some of them again. the newer ones have a slightly different colour. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

or you could decide to not collect any longer. except for the occasional splendid coin.

rsg

It's done!

During my holidays I finally received the last TQ! Thank you to all the nice people out there who helped me to complete this task!

So what to collect now???

first time i have seen this post! i wondered if you were going to mention you HAVE THEM ALL!!!!!

so now you have to get some of them again. the newer ones have a slightly different colour. :laughing::laughing::blink:

or you could decide to not collect any longer. except for the occasional splendid coin.

rsg

What? :laughing:

Are you kidding?

But I won't start getting them all over again just due to slightly different colors. No, no, no.

Just out of interest I picked up the Tranqs below a couple of days ago and currently they are winging their way to my grubby little hands. :laughing:

1 ea. Tranquility Geocoin Red Passion

2 ea. Tranquility geocoin Blue Is My World Nickel

1 ea. Tranquility geocoin Green Giant Nickel

"Oh AlliedOz where might I too receive such gems of the coin world" you might ask

"seek the creator for riches so pure" I would answer, and then I would point to the Link for those a little slow on the uptake ---> here

Ok a couple of things to note, I have had a few drinks, so it was funny (sorta) to me, and I'm in no way affiliated with the site, I have ordered all I can afford, so now I have no problem pointing others to them :laughing:

Just out of interest I picked up the Tranqs below a couple of days ago and currently they are winging their way to my grubby little hands. :D

"Oh AlliedOz where might I too receive such gems of the coin world" you might ask

"seek the creator for riches so pure" I would answer, and then I would point to the Link for those a little slow on the uptake ---> here

Ok a couple of things to note, I have had a few drinks, so it was funny (sorta) to me, and I'm in no way affiliated with the site, I have ordered all I can afford, so now I have no problem pointing others to them :laughing:

:blink: Such a sharing, caring guy!

Just out of interest I picked up the Tranqs below a couple of days ago and currently they are winging their way to my grubby little hands. :)

Ok a couple of things to note, I have had a few drinks, so it was funny (sorta) to me, and I'm in no way affiliated with the site, I have ordered all I can afford, so now I have no problem pointing others to them :)

:D Such a sharing, caring guy!

What can I say :) It comes from deep within :P

Just out of interest I picked up the Tranqs below a couple of days ago and currently they are winging their way to my grubby little hands. ;)

Thanks for the head's up AlliedOz. I picked up a few Tranquility coins (Green Giant, Purple Haze (nickel AND gold versions) and a Binary coin!! Awesome!!

Just out of interest I picked up the Tranqs below a couple of days ago and currently they are winging their way to my grubby little hands. :anibad:

Thanks for the head's up AlliedOz. I picked up a few Tranquility coins (Green Giant, Purple Haze (nickel AND gold versions) and a Binary coin!! Awesome!!

I'm glad I was able to help someone else get some of these little gems, Cheesy Pigs traded with me for my first 3 tranqs and I think she did it knowing I would be hooked. Pure evil that lass. :laughing:

Ok, since this thread has made it's way back to the top, can someone please send me a file that contains every Tranquility coin available? I know from previous readings that there are around 33 different versions. If I am going to try to start collecting these I suppose I had better know what I am getting myself into. You can email me here: jrrj@iw.net

Thanks in advance.

38 versions. i can email you the list later this evening, after i get home from WORK!

rsg - keeper of the list

:laughing:

Ok, since this thread has made it's way back to the top, can someone please send me a file that contains every Tranquility coin available? I know from previous readings that there are around 33 different versions. If I am going to try to start collecting these I suppose I had better know what I am getting myself into. You can email me here: jrrj@iw.net

Thanks in advance.

38 versions. i can email you the list later this evening, after i get home from WORK!

rsg - keeper of the list

Can you please add me into that e-mail rsg thanks

Thanks in advance.

rsg - keeper of the list

I figured you'd come through for me :laughing: Tell me one thing though...how difficult will it be to collect them all? What is the rarity and chances of getting some of them? Just want to know if I am starting something that will be all but impossible to finish...thanks.

I figured you'd come through for me :laughing: Tell me one thing though...how difficult will it be to collect them all? What is the rarity and chances of getting some of them? Just want to know if I am starting something that will be all but impossible to finish...thanks.

honestly? i think it will almost next to impossible to get them all. the mythical and illusive antique bronze, heck i don't even know who has half of those. supposedly 25 were made and i think i know where about 6 are! some were just "dropped" into caches in the wild so we don't know where those ended up.

the "unnamed" tranquility - 13 made, but they do show up on ebay very occasionally. as do the rest.

so you have a pretty good chance of about 35-36?? as people get out of collecting or go broke. mine are going to my grave with me. ;-)

castleman has a few left, i think, so keep checking his site as he puts them there or on ebay.

good luck and just enjoy them as they come. don't get all maniacal about collecting them like i did. sheesh, my stomach still hurts! :laughing:

rsg

Edited by RedShoesGirl

I figured you'd come through for me :anibad: Tell me one thing though...how difficult will it be to collect them all? What is the rarity and chances of getting some of them? Just want to know if I am starting something that will be all but impossible to finish...thanks.

honestly? i think it will almost next to impossible to get them all. the mythical and illusive antique bronze, heck i don't even know who has half of those. supposedly 25 were made and i think i know where about 6 are! some were just "dropped" into caches in the wild so we don't know where those ended up.

the "unnamed" tranquility - 13 made, but they do show up on ebay very occasionally. as do the rest.

so you have a pretty good chance of about 35-36?? as people get out of collecting or go broke. mine are going to my grave with me. ;-)

castleman has a few left, i think, so keep checking his site as he puts them there or on ebay.

good luck and just enjoy them as they come. don't get all maniacal about collecting them like i did. sheesh, my stomach still hurts! :P

rsg

Thank you very much for the email with all of the different editions. I think I'm going to try to collect the one's I know are within my grasp for now. I have one coming from the math trade, the German Dark, that I got two of. I may try to trade that one for a different Tranquility coin. Might work out. As far as getting every one, I doubt it after reading your email. Kinda like trying to collect all the ET's. Not gonna happen, at least for me. I came into the game a little too late to get in on some of the really cool coins. There's nothing saying I can't keep trying though. I can be really persistent if I put my mind to something :laughing: Thanks for your help RSG. I'm sure I'll be in touch again :laughing:

I figured you'd come through for me :anibad: Tell me one thing though...how difficult will it be to collect them all? What is the rarity and chances of getting some of them? Just want to know if I am starting something that will be all but impossible to finish...thanks.

good luck and just enjoy them as they come. don't get all maniacal about collecting them like i did. sheesh, my stomach still hurts! :P

rsg

Thank you very much for the email with all of the different editions. I think I'm going to try to collect the one's I know are within my grasp for now. I have one coming from the math trade, the German Dark, that I got two of. I may try to trade that one for a different Tranquility coin. Might work out. As far as getting every one, I doubt it after reading your email. Kinda like trying to collect all the ET's. Not gonna happen, at least for me. I came into the game a little too late to get in on some of the really cool coins. There's nothing saying I can't keep trying though. I can be really persistent if I put my mind to something :laughing: Thanks for your help RSG. I'm sure I'll be in touch again :laughing:

german dark?? not sure which of the german coins you are referring to. if it is the black forest - black nickel - hang on to the extra until something really cool comes along. only 25 of those made and they are harder to find than a hen's teeth!

lara

german dark?? not sure which of the german coins you are referring to. if it is the black forest - black nickel - hang on to the extra until something really cool comes along. only 25 of those made and they are harder to find than a hen's teeth!

lara

Upon further review :laughing: it is the "dark" gold Tranquility I doubled up on.

....Thought maybe my Dark Gold was from the first minting and that maybe the later edition might be a bit lighter...

true. now you have me curiouser and curiouser.

lara

Thanks to the Laird I now have a Dark Gold from the 2nd minting. The enamels are slightly lighter in colour (emphasis on slight). I just had to find out :laughing:

So were these reminted? There seems to be a large number surfacing when I was told these were totally sold out?

The re-minting on Tranquility "Should" be closed after the first 40 versions (or however many there are). The 2007 Tranquility is no longer authorized to be reminted, period.

~J

I especially note Castleman is selling a Blood In The Ocean tranq on ebay at the moment. He has previously stated this is a LE of 15. It would interesting to learn how many of the "15" he has left. I thought they were all sold.

If this "LE" has been reminted it will bring into question the whole Limited Edition enterprise. It will require Groundspeak to start assigning a set number of tracking codes to a particular version of a coin. If a vendor makes the statement that there will only be 15 coins of a particular colour/metal combo made then Groundspeak would assign 15 specified tracking numbers. If vendors can't be trusted to regulate themselves Groundpseak will need to step in. Kind of like the U.S. government is trying do with the Banking Industry. It would require extra work for Groundspeak but would enable them to keep the integrity of LE's and revenue of the associated tracking numbers.

It is an issue of trust.

So were these reminted? There seems to be a large number surfacing when I was told these were totally sold out?

No they have not been re-minted. I personally still have about 12,000-13,000 unactivated coins in my attic and a bunch of the older versions of Tranquility Geocoins.

The re-minting on Tranquility "Should" be closed after the first 40 versions (or however many there are). The 2007 Tranquility is no longer authorized to be reminted, period.

~J

Since when did any geocoin require authorization to be re-minted ? And from your statement (period) you must have some authority over these particular coins. Interesting.

I especially note Castleman is selling a Blood In The Ocean tranq on ebay at the moment. He has previously stated this is a LE of 15. It would interesting to learn how many of the "15" he has left. I thought they were all sold.

If this "LE" has been reminted it will bring into question the whole Limited Edition enterprise. It will require Groundspeak to start assigning a set number of tracking codes to a particular version of a coin. If a vendor makes the statement that there will only be 15 coins of a particular colour/metal combo made then Groundspeak would assign 15 specified tracking numbers. If vendors can't be trusted to regulate themselves Groundpseak will need to step in. Kind of like the U.S. government is trying do with the Banking Industry. It would require extra work for Groundspeak but would enable them to keep the integrity of LE's and revenue of the associated tracking numbers.

It is an issue of trust.

Obviously you missed the LARGE RED LETTERS on the auction that state the coin on auction is one of 2 left that I personally kept in my collection. Hint: Read the "fine print"

Edited by Castle Man

Obviously you missed the LARGE RED LETTERS on the auction that state the coin on auction is one of 2 left that I personally kept in my collection. Hint: Read the "fine print"

If that is your idea of large letters (in your ebay listing) I'd hate to see small. Making them large in your reply here doesn't count BTW. Slippery. l would have apologised for not having read the fine print but you have ticked me off now. I'll accept what you say about the "Blood In The Ocean" version. What about the "bunch of the older versions of Tranquility Geocoins" you have? I know you reserved the right to remint the Dark Gold and Dark Nickel as I read your original ad. Fair enough. Remint them till your 80 or Groundspeak stops selling you tracking numbers. But would you care to provide minting numbers for some of your "limited editions", say the nickel and gold Blue Is My Worlds? Refresh my memory. Was it 15 for the gold ? What about those nickel and gold Purple Hazes ?

Edited by haysonics

But would you care to provide minting numbers for some of your "limited editions", say the nickel and gold Blue Is My Worlds? Refresh my memory. Was it 15 for the gold ? What about those nickel and gold Purple Hazes ?

I think I remember the Blues and Purples being limited to 100 coins in each finish. That goes for the Green as well. They were all sold on his former website.

The real LEs I remember were Mardi Gras and Trickster. Plus a few "minting error" versions. I think those were only privately sold.

Edited by AtlantaGal

As a note from the artist....

After the design of the original coin art, I only personally designed a handful of color versions - The original 4 included, AE, the Luxury, and the Finale (The last Tranq) and, I don't own but a few of the versions myself. I never had all of them, nor was I offered all of them.

When I first designed this coin, I requested the dies for the coin when the minting was complete, and was told at that time it was no problem. When minting was done, the dies were mine.

Upon the final versions - Trickster and Finale (The finale which was my final color version) this is what occurred. I asked for a few additional coins to be reminted at my own cost and for my own use/sale - one last edition of my own to 100% handle sales etc on - one version that was completely mine. I also made it VERY clear that if that was not ok, I was fine with it, and still wanted the die for the coin for my own personal collection and for sentimental reasons, as silly as that sounds. When the final coins were done, and shipped and it was time to retire the Tranq for good, I was then told by Castle Man that he was concerned I would remint the coin if I was given the dies, which NEVER would have happened. The mint, for one, would not allow it without a release from CastleMan, and secondly, having the dies was more important to me. I wrote him and told him I would agree to never remint - and would have signed something in agreement as well. No response.

I wanted the dies - and still do. It was agreed I would get them, and I have not. I have been VERY upset about this since it was discussed last in March 2008. I see no reason why these were not sent to me when I was told many times they would be mine, which was also agreed upon. When I last asked for the dies I was told by CastleMan in 2008 there was only a handful of Tranqs left, and that when those were gone they were gone, and his concern was that I would remint - so NOW I would not be getting the dies.

I have VERY few Tranqs comparatively, and wasn't even aware of some of the versions that exist. I have a hard time telling which is which, and when often asked to identify a version, I cannot.

I'd really like the dies. Thats what Im worried about - and am stating publicly that if/when this ever happens, the coin WILL NOT BE REMINTED!

This is just my information on the coin - I have no idea how many versions there are, I have no idea how many were minted, and I have no idea about the state of the dies. This is one of my favorite coins I've done, and I dislike seeing any ugliness or suspicion over it - I wish I knew more answers to the questions people are asking, but the minting was out of my hands. After the original art, I had very little to do with the minting, or versions - and per my last communications with CastleMan, the Tranquility was officially retired, with no more coins AT ALL to be reminted.

~P

Instead of all the speculation on re-minting why not just ask Bryan at Groundspeak when the last tracking numbers for these things were purchased and he'll tell you the date before the last (Trickster and Paula's) were minted. Nothing since then.

I already did.

~J

Bingo........so much for the re-minting conspiracy.

Back to geocaching.

Couldn't a lot of this speculation have been handled privately?

If you speculate in public, and people don't read an entire thread, they come to believe the speculation as the gospel truth, just because someone wrote it. Get the facts, please, before besmirching someone with speculative statements. If the facts prove otherwise, that's a different story, but get the facts first, please.

Couldn't a lot of this speculation have been handled privately?

If you speculate in public, and people don't read an entire thread, they come to believe the speculation as the gospel truth, just because someone wrote it. Get the facts, please, before besmirching someone with speculative statements. If the facts prove otherwise, that's a different story, but get the facts first, please.

although i agree that the questions over these geocoin editions could have been handled with better diplomacy, there WAS some light shed on the issue. so thats a good thing, i suppose. as far as labels such as "Limited Edition", "Extra Limited Edition", "XXXLE", "XXXXXXXXXXXXXLE", goes...well all geocoin collectors should ignore these labels because they are about as valid as a $3 dollar bill. most designers and mint companies are trust worthy when it comes to revealing the minted quantities of geocoins they have produced, but ultimately each person buying a coin has to do their own research and find out if they are buying something a bit more rare (although i think all geocoins are rare when compared to other coins) or even if they are buying a counterfeit (which we have seen recently coming out of china and sold on ebay). since the geocoin market is unregulated, and there basically are "no rules", there will continue to be doubt and questions as to the validity of ALL editions. so, the bottom line should be...buy a geocoin because you like it, not because you think it might be a rare collectible. as for myself, as a designer, i will no longer label any of my new geocoins as a "limited edition". to me, they all become "limited" eventually, and each one is very valuable and...yes...even "priceless" if i were to give them all a sentimental value. peace. :rolleyes:

Fact 1: A MINIMUM 135 Tranquility Geocoins have been sold by poster #296 on eBay (according to the first 12 pages of feedback I went through out of 32 pages)

Fact 2: According to Groundspeak, tracking numbers will NO LONGER be assigned to Tranquility (or any other GeocoinDesign.com design) without MY EXPRESS AUTHORIZATION. This confirmation came to me today in an email from the Frog.

If anyone has any other questions regarding Tranquility, you may address them to me through my profile or to: info@geocoindesign.com

I am now going to contact BlueMotMot to request this thread be closed as I do not want any to glorify or draw attention to said poster any longer.

Regards,

~J

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Edited by GeocoinGuy

I personally still have about 12,000-13,000 unactivated coins in my attic and a bunch of the older versions of Tranquility Geocoins.

If you happen to find an Antique Bronze and/or a Portugal gold in your attic, I would love to acquire them. They are the only versions I still need to complete my set of all 38 versions of the beautiful Tranquility geocoin.

~Karen

I personally still have about 12,000-13,000 unactivated coins in my attic and a bunch of the older versions of Tranquility Geocoins.

If you happen to find an Antique Bronze and/or a Portugal gold in your attic, I would love to acquire them. They are the only versions I still need to complete my set of all 38 versions of the beautiful Tranquility geocoin.

~Karen

Nope, none of those.