Tranquility Geocoins

BlueMotmot

the mythical antique bronze really does exist! and here is a scan of the two coins so you guys that collect tranqs can see the difference between the AB and the AG. there is really substantial difference between the two coins.

3000804275_e2f2f61ec0_o.jpg

i am so grateful to castle man who helped me achieve my goal of acquiring ALL the possible editions of the geocoin, Tranquility and for letting me play with colours on the trickster edition.

good luck everyone who is collecting these!

lara

Edited by RedShoesGirl

the mythical antique bronze really does exist! and here is a scan of the two coins so you guys that collect tranqs can see the difference between the AB and the AG. there is really substantial difference between the two coins.

3000804275_e2f2f61ec0_o.jpg

i am so grateful to castle man who helped me achieve my goal of acquiring ALL the possible editions of the geocoin, Tranquility and for letting me play with colours on the trickster edition.

good luck everyone who is collecting these!

lara

Not being an expert in manufacturing coins, but but isn't it some kind of a chemical process to get the "ant.-effect" on a coin? So could it be, that both coins are based on the same material one of them having a bit more of the effect and one having a bit less? Just an idea when I saw the pics.

For all those of you, trying to complete their collection: there is another mint error for sale in ebay, called "Bood In The Ocean Edition". So there is still room for improvements :D

Not being an expert in manufacturing coins, but but isn't it some kind of a chemical process to get the "ant.-effect" on a coin? So could it be, that both coins are based on the same material one of them having a bit more of the effect and one having a bit less? Just an idea when I saw the pics.

For all those of you, trying to complete their collection: there is another mint error for sale in ebay, called "Bood In The Ocean Edition". So there is still room for improvements :D

That's an interesting idea. But I have no clue about coin production as well.

And did you really think RSG missed the "Blood in the Ocean"? :D

Yes, Lara, the Portugal Gold is missing.

That's an interesting idea. But I have no clue about coin production as well.

Actually, from my limited knowledge, you're half right :D It is a chemical process added to the coin surface, then wiped off. However, each process actually contains a different metal based on finish. So antique nickel has nickel in the solution, antique bronze has bronze, etc. That's where the color comes from.

edit for typos

TMA

Edited by The Moop Along

geocoincollection.com now has all the tranquilities listed and i am working on getting the photos current.

there is one edition that is misnamed, the "light" two-tone is really the gold over nickel.

so to make your records correct you should probably make that change on your lists.

37 editions are confirmed.

http://www.geocoincollection.com/cointrade...ser=0&type=

rsg keeper of the list

Edited by RedShoesGirl

I just got my first Tranquility Geocoin and I am hooked! I really had no idea how beautiful these were until I held one in my hand. I have the light rhodium gold and I must have more :blink:

I will be working on a trading list later :anibad:

your first one is one of the beautiful tranqs out there. welcome to our addiction. i bought my first one in march and the last one arrived today. 8 months of persistence, or as some have said, obsession, in finding them all.

sigh.7bde7839-86ec-41a0-86cb-e869bdfd564b.jpg

I just got my first Tranquility Geocoin and I am hooked! I really had no idea how beautiful these were until I held one in my hand. I have the light rhodium gold and I must have more :blink:

I will be working on a trading list later :anibad:

your first one is one of the beautiful tranqs out there. welcome to our addiction. i bought my first one in march and the last one arrived today. 8 months of persistence, or as some have said, obsession, in finding them all.

sigh.7bde7839-86ec-41a0-86cb-e869bdfd564b.jpg

The pictures just don't do them justice; my jaw actually dropped when I pulled it out of the bubbler....

The pictures just don't do them justice; my jaw actually dropped when I pulled it out of the bubbler....

yes, i still get that feeling.

by the way, do you have the "light" rhodium or the "light" gold. they are two different coins. the rhodium is more silver than gold. the gold is gold.

check out geocoincollection.com and look at the tranquilities. they are all there. correct names and all.

are you watching ebay? there are some very good ones on there lately.

rsg

Edited by RedShoesGirl

by the way, do you have the "light" rhodium or the "light" gold. they are two different coins. the rhodium is more silver than gold. the gold is gold.

check out geocoincollection.com and look at the tranquilities. they are all there. correct names and all.

rsg

It is hard for me to tell the difference between the two, but it is the one that LadyBee4T had up on the auction for Tod. I bid on it because I was curious about the Tranquility coins and because of the goal of the auction. I got more than I bargained for :anibad:

I am bidding on one of them on ebay (aqua glow) and it looks like I have a trader for a rose glow tranquility!

rsg

It is hard for me to tell the difference between the two, but it is the one that LadyBee4T had up on the auction for Tod. I bid on it because I was curious about the Tranquility coins and because of the goal of the auction. I got more than I bargained for :anibad:

I am bidding on one of them on ebay (aqua glow) and it looks like I have a trader for a rose glow tranquility!

there isn't one named aqua glow, there is however, one named Tranquility Glowing Green Monster. There is also a Tranquility Glowing Blue Heaven. they are hard to figure out from pics but obviously the one with more green in it, i.e. aqua is the glowing green monster.

the glow coins are totally different than the ones with translucent enamels, like the "light." they are a solid colour and one can't see the detail underneath. still pretty though, just different.

lara

Edited by RedShoesGirl

...by the way, do you have the "light" rhodium or the "light" gold. they are two different coins. the rhodium is more silver than gold. the gold is gold....

rsg

...It is hard for me to tell the difference between the two, but it is the one that LadyBee4T had up on the auction for Tod. I bid on it because I was curious about the Tranquility coins and because of the goal of the auction. I got more than I bargained for :anibad: ...

On the "Light" versions you will find it easier to tell the difference in daylight, especially if you look at the writing in the middle of the back side. If you get a Dark Rhodium however, you will probably find the opposite is true. To me that looks like silver under a light globe but gold in daylight :-) And if you photograph it, the picture could turn out any which way. Be careful of the photographs on e$ay, better to put more faith in the description (but thats not always the case either). Hopefully RSG will photograph her collection and update a number (or all) of the pictures on geocoincollection (your Tranquility Phd dissertation awaits :0)

On the "Light" versions you will find it easier to tell the difference in daylight, especially if you look at the writing in the middle of the back side. If you get a Dark Rhodium however, you will probably find the opposite is true. To me that looks like silver under a light globe but gold in daylight :-) And if you photograph it, the picture could turn out any which way. Be careful of the photographs on e$ay, better to put more faith in the description (but thats not always the case either). Hopefully RSG will photograph her collection and update a number (or all) of the pictures on geocoincollection (your Tranquility Phd dissertation awaits :0)

great advice! and i am working on getting them all photographed but as you noticed, it is difficult to get images to match the coin in some cases.

my dissertation indeed! :anibad:

rsg

...by the way, do you have the "light" rhodium or the "light" gold. they are two different coins. the rhodium is more silver than gold. the gold is gold....

rsg

...It is hard for me to tell the difference between the two, but it is the one that LadyBee4T had up on the auction for Tod. I bid on it because I was curious about the Tranquility coins and because of the goal of the auction. I got more than I bargained for :anibad: ...

It looks like gold to me....

And RSG has been kind enough to give me a lesson in Tranq 101; I can't wait to move up :blink:

WOW! Yes, I admitt it is a fantastic coin...at least from the photos, but can I ask some things?

This coin is probably extremelly famous, right? Is it expensive too?

Why so many variations??

Are the coins LE so just because it became famous they had to make more and more?

Was this coin minted by one or from many geocachers who actually choose to put their own favorite combination of colors??

....do you all here have one of those??? :laughing:

WOW! Yes, I admitt it is a fantastic coin...at least from the photos, but can I ask some things?

Yes :rolleyes:

This coin is probably extremelly famous, right? Is it expensive too?

Yes they are expensive on ebay, but trade for them, and it would be less so.

Why so many variations??

Because they became very popular, and only small run were minted of each colour/metal combination, the demand went up, so supply was increased :laughing:

Are the coins LE so just because it became famous they had to make more and more?

No, the only colour combinations that were minted in larger numbers were the first 'dark' and 'light' versions. New colours came when it was shown how popular they were. Most of the Tranquilities have been minted in Limited numbers (like 50 of most types, although there are some that are unique -like the bronze mint error - and others like Paula's new version which only had 13 minted)

Was this coin minted by one or from many geocachers who actually choose to put their own favorite combination of colors??

It was designed by Paula of CinemaBoxers, and produced and sold by CastleMan. A lot later on Sepp and Berta asked for and got their own Pink version, Paula had the 'Luxury' version minted for her artist edition, and RSG was talking about one with desert colours...which turned into the 'Trickster'. Paula then had another version made for her - the 'Un-named'.

....do you all here have one of those??? ;)

Most of the obsessed people on here have them...I have about 20 or so of the 37 minted. ;) It is one of the most beautiful coins produced in my opinion, and the different metal/colour/enamel combinations just highlight different aspects of this glorious coin :)

WOW!!! Thank you so much my friend for the info!!!!

Hmm... so it is probably a "must have" coin..... or at least a "hope ot have"! :laughing:

you must have at least one. preferably a transluecent one.

don't get as obsessed as i was and have to have them all.

i do have them all, but it has cost a LOT!

as cheesy pigs said, the different colour combinations bring out different aspects of the design. it is amazingly complex without being overwhelmingly busy. some coins today are so busy you can't see the design!

rsg

Hi all,

I enjoy this thread a LOT!! Thanks RSG for your (contagious) enthusiasm :rolleyes:

I also have a few of these, and I wish I had all, but I know that is almost impossible unless I win the lottery :)

The ones I have are the following:

(Portuguese) Black Nickel (Red/Green)

(Portuguese) Gold (Red/Green)

(Black Widow)Gold (Red/Black)

(Black Widow) Nickel (Red/Black)

(Purple/Haze) Nickel (Purple/Pink)

(Mardi Gras) Gold (Purple/Red/Green)

(Glowing Blue Heaven) Gold

(Glowing Rose) Black Nickel

The next ones I will try to add to this (small) collection are the Tranquility Blue and the Tranquility green :)

I have one extra (Glowing Rose) Black Nickel which I could trade (anyone?)

Cheers,

Antonio

geocoincollection.com now has all the tranquilities listed and i am working on getting the photos current.

there is one edition that is misnamed, the "light" two-tone is really the gold over nickel.

so to make your records correct you should probably make that change on your lists.

37 editions are confirmed.

http://www.geocoincollection.com/cointrade...ser=0&type=

rsg keeper of the list

Just wondering if anyone knows the number of each version minted?

You dare speaketh one of thy profane questions. Lest you be met with thy unholy silence such as warrants a creeping thing I shall also enquire. O High Priestess. Keeper of thy sacred parchment. We beseach of thee. Answer us truly.

I - What number of each edition hath been struck ?

II - Are thy holy remints exactly alike as thy holy first editions ?

III - How doth thy mint maketh so many mistakes ?

IV - Shall one expecteth more mistakes to miraculously appear from thy great castle ?

Edited by haysonics

You dare speaketh one of thy profane questions. Lest you be met with thy unholy silence such as warrants a creeping thing I shall also enquire. O High Priestess. Keeper of thy sacred parchment. We beseach of thee. Answer us truly.

I - What number of each edition hath been struck ?

II - Are thy holy remints exactly alike as thy holy first editions ?

III - How doth thy mint maketh so many mistakes ?

IV - Shall one expecteth more mistakes to miraculously appear from thy great castle ?

Very well said! I'd love to be able to reply in thy words, but for me it's hard enough to read that stuff!

I can not answer the first question. I had some numbers but am not sure if they are correct, as so many coins show up on ebay.

The second question is rather simple. The dye is still the same. Just the finishes and enamels have changed.

And if I could answer the last two questions I wouldn't be sitting here at work. :)

I like it...very pretty. I am keeping my eye on this thread trying to brush up on my Tranquility version recognition skills. I would like to try trading for one but my usual methods are not yielding any leads. Not really going to start approaching people for trades yet until I have a few more coins on my traders list! lol!

Thanks for responding rsg!

I just had a quick question about this coin and thought this would be a decent place to ask it. I watched an auction go by on eBay for the AE copper version of the tranquility and the item description said that it was one of only 2 left.

It wasn't being sold by castleman so I was wondering how one came about that information.

By simple reasoning I figure RSG here has one, I have one in my posession and there was the one in the auction (total of 3, and I am sure the others are still out there fine and well) so I'm guessing the seller meant only 2 left that are unactivated. But how would someone know that?

Just curious!

I just had a quick question about this coin and thought this would be a decent place to ask it. I watched an auction go by on eBay for the AE copper version of the tranquility and the item description said that it was one of only 2 left.

It wasn't being sold by castleman so I was wondering how one came about that information.

By simple reasoning I figure RSG here has one, I have one in my posession and there was the one in the auction (total of 3, and I am sure the others are still out there fine and well) so I'm guessing the seller meant only 2 left that are unactivated. But how would someone know that?

Just curious!

I would say the seller ment there are only two to be sold by them. I don't know how many of them are out there, but more than 3 for sure.

By the way, version 38 popped up. That may be the end of my dream of having them all...

Just curious!

[/quote

i think whitby has it right. only two left in the seller's possession.

rsg

...By the way, version 38 popped up. That may be the end of my dream of having them all...

Ye gods ! Tis another miracle, like thy angel of thy lord that cometh unto Mary, a new tranquility is born. And so it was named "Ye can fool all ye people some of thy time". For unto those that have pockets deep as thy eternal waters I say this, thy laird of thy castle shall forever provideth ye new tranquilities.

Edited by haysonics