Tranquility Geocoins

BlueMotmot

Ok, I have a tranquility that looks like either antique gold or bronze, how can I tell the difference between the two? I bought it from the site during one of the exclusive sales.

To me antique gold and antique bronze are too hard to distinguish. :ph34r:

I would love to help you, but I have never seen the bronze one. The best thing I can suggest is a direct comparison with coins of which you know they are gold or bronze.

Ok, I have a tranquility that looks like either antique gold or bronze, how can I tell the difference between the two? I bought it from the site during one of the exclusive sales.

To me antique gold and antique bronze are too hard to distinguish. :ph34r:

If you bought it from the Castle site, you could probably log in and review your past invoices to find out which it was sold as.

avroair "To me antique gold and antique bronze are too hard to distinguish. :ph34r:"

And the antique bronze 2007 Compass Rose looks like brass :-)

southpawaz "If you bought it from the Castle site, you could probably log in and review your past invoices to find out which it was sold as."

I wouldn't count on that. I just purchased a "Dark Gold" from the castleman and it turned out to be a Dark Rhodium. I am keeping it though : - ) Guess he didn't have it under the right light. Dark Rhodium looks Silver under a 25watt bulb but Gold under a 60watt bulb.

Here is a question. I have a Dark Gold from the first production run and the enamels are harder to see through (more murky) than on the Dark Rhodium yet he obviously used the same colours. Were the enamels more translucent on the 2nd production run of the Dark Gold ? I am interested because I was aiming at getting a 2nd run Dark Gold but won't worry about it if the enamels look the same.

Edited by haysonics

Congratulations RSG!!!! Way to go :)

thanks karen! it took 6 months of real persistence! now i need to find something else to be fanatical about. :anibad:

lara

Poor RSG - just when you think it is over - TWO new Tranquilities appear :laughing:

what two new ones? come one, don't be a tease!

rsg

I just noticed one for sure listed on geocoincollection.com- The Trickster.

Was that Lara I just heard throwing her mouse against the monitor and running away screaming?!? :ph34r:

thanks karen! it took 6 months of real persistence! now i need to find something else to be fanatical about. :anibad:

lara

Poor RSG - just when you think it is over - TWO new Tranquilities appear :laughing:

rsg

Was that Lara I just heard throwing her mouse against the monitor and running away screaming?!? :ph34r:

I don't think so. She already has that one.

lara

rsg

I don't think so. She already has that one.

Hmmmm. I must not recognize that one by it's name. What color combo is it?

thats an awesome new coin, you lucky lucky guys.

i wont event attempt to push my luck going after one of those, im just small fry amongst you guys. i do hope that i can request that a tranq would be saved for me for a future trade as right now i am totally skint and i probably have nothing you want in a trade :)

thats an awesome new coin, you lucky lucky guys.

i wont event attempt to push my luck going after one of those, im just small fry amongst you guys. i do hope that i can request that a tranq would be saved for me for a future trade as right now i am totally skint and i probably have nothing you want in a trade

These coins were limited to 1 per person so I imagine there will not be a lot of them traded. There were only 35 made and I know mine is going in my collection. The best chance to get one will probably be when Castleman sells the left over coins on Ebay.

Edited by kehunt64

to clear things up a bit. the new tranq was originally castle man's idea, not mine. but when he suggested it to me, i jumped in with both feet and wanted to be part of the colouring process. so he agreed. and i named it, The Trickster.

the colours were originally imagined a bit different, but communications about numbers and enamels were a bit off so the outer rim colour turned out a bit BRIGHT, we might say. i really didn't see "orange," but orange we got. i "saw" something more subdued, more elegant i think. i'll save those colours for another day, another coin.

the trickster is another name for the coyote of indian legends and he tricked me with that gaudy orange. i have had some memorable encounters with the tricky guy and the name really fits.

the design of the coin is all paula's and no matter the differences between us, i feel priviledged to have a small part of this TQ. as most of you know, i consider the tranquility the most beautiful of all the geocoins out there.

now perhaps i can put my enthusiasm to rest (some say obsession.)

lara

to clear things up a bit. the new tranq was originally castle man's idea, not mine. but when he suggested it to me, i jumped in with both feet and wanted to be part of the colouring process. so he agreed. and i named it, The Trickster.

the colours were originally imagined a bit different, but communications about numbers and enamels were a bit off so the outer rim colour turned out a bit BRIGHT, we might say. i really didn't see "orange," but orange we got. i "saw" something more subdued, more elegant i think. i'll save those colours for another day, another coin.

the trickster is another name for the coyote of indian legends and he tricked me with that gaudy orange. i have had some memorable encounters with the tricky guy and the name really fits.

the design of the coin is all paula's and no matter the differences between us, i feel priviledged to have a small part of this TQ. as most of you know, i consider the tranquility the most beautiful of all the geocoins out there.

now perhaps i can put my enthusiasm to rest (some say obsession.)

lara

I know what you mean about the translucents, it's really tricky with them if you don't do samples anre aren't so used to working with them. I was a bit disappointed with my runestones because of that issue, I had just envisioned something quite different, but in the end it all worked out!

Lara, they look fine~ I'm glad that you could be involved in something that means so much to you!

Naomi :)

I got my first Tranquility in the mail today thanks to a trade with Castle Man. I love it so much that I think I will start slowly collecting towards a full set.

how are you coming with that?

rsg

Well so far I have made only one more trade for the Luxury but hopefully I will start getting more once my Brahean coins actually arrive for trades. Thanks for asking though. :unsure:

That turned out great. I agree that the Tranquility is the most beautiful design. The only coin that comes close IMO is the 2007 Compass Rose 2tone (polished gold & nickel). I would love to see a picture of the other new Tranquility.

LOL! Change your votes around now!

How about this for walking a grey line :unsure:

Favourite = Knights Templar 2 tone

Most Classic = 2007 Compass Rose 2 tone

Most Beautiful = Tranquility Purple Haze Nickel

Most Secret Agent = Licence To Cache Bronze

Most Avroair = 2008 Personal Nickel :anibad:

I have to think up something "Most" for the Brahean now :)

Its analogous to Polygamy, "I love them all your honour" :)

ive joined the tranquility gang. im now the proud owner of my first tranq. yay.

well, you have to tell us which one you have!

rsg

oh yeah ;) its a trickster. and it lived up to its name, it managed to trick a little more money out of my starving bank account after i vowed to myself i mustnt buy anymore coins for a few months.

im really pleased i did get one though cos ive been trying so hard to get hold of any of the older editions to no avail. its a beautiful coin and bigger than i imagined it would be.