Tranquility Geocoins

BlueMotmot

@whitby:

need a pink one (sepp and berta)?

Have a look in my tradelist and/or pm me in the german green forum...

Cheers

Peter

I shot it and when it arrives in a week or so I probably own a Purple haze in gold and one in nickel :huh:

lets wait and see...

Btw: I think I'm also nearly complete with my TQ collection, that means I own all TQ's from that I know that they exist (except the Bronze mismint) : 30 different plus the nickel purple haze I'm waiting for....

But who knows... :huh:

Cheers Peter

I'm really curious what you will get. Tell us, please!

I'm not yet satisfied with my collection. Still missing some of the older ones and the XLEs

And of course the pink one. But I could successfully resist the allure. Simply not my colors :)

Yes, that's true, I also own a "Purple Haze" in gold finish, but I saw a coin in a eba* auction looking exactly like a purple haze but in nickel finish, the picture looks like nickel and the description says also nickel.

I shot it and when it arrives in a week or so I probably own a Purple haze in gold and one in nickel :huh:

lets wait and see...

Btw: I think I'm also nearly complete with my TQ collection, that means I own all TQ's from that I know that they exist (except the Bronze mismint) : 30 different plus the nickel purple haze I'm waiting for....

But who knows... :huh:

Cheers Peter

that is so exciting. so it is possible. i was beginning to think it was not.

i have 13 versions now and my the purple haze in going out tomorrow, is the nickel version. i have another coming in, but i don't know what it is. probably don't need both versions i guess.

still looking for the blue is my world. my heart's desire.

lara

Hi,

today my Purple Haze NICKEL, number 31 of my TQ-collection, arrived. So it's for sure that the Purple Haze exists in both nickel and gold.

Cheers

Peter

31?????? :):D

I have 30! What´s wrong? Did you have on extra, that you got 31?

do you have the elusive bronze mistake coin? 30 tranqs! wow, i was feeling prertty good that i had about 16!

lara

Hi Lara,

no, I don't have the bronze mismint, I will post my list in a few minutes here

cheers dabbscher

Hi,

today my Purple Haze NICKEL, number 31 of my TQ-collection, arrived. So it's for sure that the Purple Haze exists in both nickel and gold.

Cheers

Peter

do you have the elusive bronze mistake coin? 30 tranqs! wow, i was feeling prertty good that i had about 16!

lara

Hi Lara,

no, I don't have the bronze mismint, I will post my list in a few minutes here

cheers dabbscher

Hi,

Cheers

Peter

lara

@matlock75:

Here's my list:

1 Copper under Nickel

2 Nickel under Copper

3 Purple Haze Nickel

4 Purple Haze Gold

5 Blue is my World

6 Green Giant

7 Black Widow

8 Red Passion

9 Gold Light

10 Gold Dark

11 Black and Gold

12 Copper and Black

13 Mardi Gras

14 USA Nickel

15 USA Gold

16 Rhodium Light

17 Rhodium Dark

18 Antique Nickel

19 Antique Gold

20 Antique Copper

21 Nickel under Gold

22 Germany Gold

23 Germany Nickel

24 Germany Black Forest

25 Portugal Black Nickel

26 Portugal Gold

27 Sepp and Berta

28 Glowing Blue Heaven

29 Glowing Golden Globe

30 Glowing Rose

31 Glowing Green Monster

Cheers

Peter

@matlock75:

Here's my list:

1 Copper under Nickel

2 Nickel under Copper

3 Purple Haze Nickel

(...)

29 Glowing Golden Globe

30 Glowing Rose

31 Glowing Green Monster

Cheers

Peter

Wow! That should be all versions available! Congrats!

I just started counting and think that I'm missing 6. So there are still some trades to do.

Now I need to find out more about that mysterious Purple Haze Nickel :D

Rainer

@matlock75:

Here's my list:

1 Copper under Nickel

2 Nickel under Copper

3 Purple Haze Nickel

(...)

29 Glowing Golden Globe

30 Glowing Rose

31 Glowing Green Monster

Cheers

Peter

Wow! That should be all versions available! Congrats!

I just started counting and think that I'm missing 6. So there are still some trades to do.

Now I need to find out more about that mysterious Purple Haze Nickel :D

Rainer

that was the most recent purple haze sold - a couple of weeks ago on the site.

lara

that was the most recent purple haze sold - a couple of weeks ago on the site.

lara

Hmm, I didn't realize that. I could have easily bought one. Didn't check the metal, just the version :D

not to worry, there seemed to be some confusion after the fact whether or not PH ever was minted in gold - on purpose.

lara

12 Copper and Black

are you sure about this one? would you mind terribly posting a pic? another confusing edition.

thanks peter!

lara

That one exists. I have it as well. I think it is a copper coin with black enamel. I'm at work already, but I can check tonight.

@lara:

Here the pics from the copper/black one:

tranquilitycopperblackbcw2.th.jpg

tranquilitycopperblackfqu9.th.jpg

Cheers

Peter

thanks! that looks like copper and black nickel, like the luxury edition but with copper - how cool! another to add to the list.

black nickel looks very different than black enamel, so i am pretty sure this is black nickel. i compared the black widow with black enamel with my luxury edition and they are completely different materials.

thanks again!

lara

Hi,

Cheers

Peter

31?????? :anibad::D

lara

:D No, i don´t get it. Yes, that´s the TQ i´m missing...

thanks! that looks like copper and black nickel, like the luxury edition but with copper - how cool! another to add to the list.

black nickel looks very different than black enamel, so i am pretty sure this is black nickel. i compared the black widow with black enamel with my luxury edition and they are completely different materials.

thanks again!

lara

I'm not so sure. There is some translucent enamel. But I don't know, what is underneath. Maybe we should ask Castle Man.

@Whitby :

you are right. It's not Black Nickel, it's a kind of enamel...

@matlock75:

The Bronze mismint is not the only coin that completes your collection, there must be one more. My collection consists of 31 different without the Bronze mismint...

Cheers

Peter

@Whitby :

you are right. It's not Black Nickel, it's a kind of enamel...

@matlock75:

The Bronze mismint is not the only coin that completes your collection, there must be one more. My collection consists of 31 different without the Bronze mismint...

Cheers

Peter

take out your luxury coin, black and gold and compare the two. enamel leaves a smoothness the black part of the luxury doesn't have. that's why i am thinking black nickel. the detail is too precise, not as if it was under an enamel.

this is fun!

lara

@lara:

I did it. I just compared the Black/Gold and the Copper/nickel with a magnifying glass with led-lights (call me crazy :anibad: ). After a few minutes of examining the Black from the Copper and the Gold it looks identical to me..... Now I do not have the slightest doubt: it's enamel.

Cheers

Peter

Hi,

Cheers

Peter

31?????? :anibad::D

lara

:D No, i don´t get it. Yes, that´s the TQ i´m missing...

Lara,

Just for the record-

Dictionary: obsessed (əb-sĕss'ed-)

Adj.

Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea (Tranquility geocoins) or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety. (Finding and possessing all Tranquility geocoins)

:anibad:

I just couldn't resist! You should have ran while you had a chance when you first started thinking about collecting geocoins!

@lara:

I did it. I just compared the Black/Gold and the Copper/nickel with a magnifying glass with led-lights (call me crazy :anibad: ). After a few minutes of examining the Black from the Copper and the Gold it looks identical to me..... Now I do not have the slightest doubt: it's enamel.

Cheers

Peter

LOL! but the black on the gold and black (luxury) looks like NICKEL! not enamel. where's CM when you need him. i could be wrong, it occasionally happens.

lara

Edited by RedShoesGirl

So, I had a closer look at both of them.

The Luxury (BN/Gold) is clearly two-tone w/o enamel.

The black/copper one is filled with translucent soft enamel. I assume that the metal underneath is black nickel as well. That may be what dabbscher wanted to say. Both BN, but one filled with enamel.

Whitby/lara:

Take a magnifying glass and compare the surface with another Black-Nickel-surface, for example with the german back forest, and tell us what you see...

Cheers

Peter

ok, will do when i get home - after work.

who knows i may get a couple days off for my cracked ribs! took rather a hard fall the other day on the job, tried to take out a wall with my head on the way down (ow) and broke two ribs. gee, i wondered why i was having a hard time breathing. first the PA said nothing wrong, but then a doc took a look at x-rays and said, this old girl has cracked ribs!

poor broken lara

Whitby/lara:

Take a magnifying glass and compare the surface with another Black-Nickel-surface, for example with the german back forest, and tell us what you see...

Cheers

Peter

Hmm...

You may be right. Black Nickel looks different. More shiny.

The black/gold and black/copper look identical. But the cavities are filled in the copper one.

ok, will do when i get home - after work.

who knows i may get a couple days off for my cracked ribs! took rather a hard fall the other day on the job, tried to take out a wall with my head on the way down (ow) and broke two ribs. gee, i wondered why i was having a hard time breathing. first the PA said nothing wrong, but then a doc took a look at x-rays and said, this old girl has cracked ribs!

poor broken lara

I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you will get well soon!

THE MAN HAS SPOKEN:

From the CM himself = and this explains how we are all correct - sorta.

>>They are both two tone. Black Nickel and gold and the other is Black Nickel and copper but the Black Nickel and copper has an epoxy coating over it and the Black/Gold does not<<

that is why the N/C looks as if there is something filling in the gaps - it is epoxy! and lara was right because it IS black nickel.

now, doesn't that work out well!

lara adding this to her tranq database.

and now i am off for a few days. no wonder caching was particularly difficult this past weekend. OW!

Here's my list:

1 Copper under Nickel

2 Nickel under Copper

3 Purple Haze Nickel

4 Purple Haze Gold

5 Blue is my World

6 Green Giant

7 Black Widow

8 Red Passion

9 Gold Light

10 Gold Dark

11 Black and Gold

12 Copper and Black

13 Mardi Gras

14 USA Nickel

15 USA Gold

16 Rhodium Light

17 Rhodium Dark

18 Antique Nickel

19 Antique Gold

20 Antique Copper

21 Nickel under Gold

22 Germany Gold

23 Germany Nickel

24 Germany Black Forest

25 Portugal Black Nickel

26 Portugal Gold

27 Sepp and Berta

28 Glowing Blue Heaven

29 Glowing Golden Globe

30 Glowing Rose

31 Glowing Green Monster

Cheers

Peter

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MANY OF EACH OF THESE COINS WERE MADE ?

I love the Tranquility geocoins too, but only have a couple myself. I didn't realise there were quite SO many versions!

I would love to see a photograph, or two, of a "Full Set" (or a "nearly Full Set" :sad: ) ...

Could any of you serious collectors oblige, please?

MrsB

I'll try to take a picture tonight. I have three missing...

I love the Tranquility geocoins too, but only have a couple myself. I didn't realise there were quite SO many versions!

I would love to see a photograph, or two, of a "Full Set" (or a "nearly Full Set" :huh: ) ...

Could any of you serious collectors oblige, please?

MrsB

I'll try to take a picture tonight. I have three missing...

28 Tranquilities!! :sad:

Here I was thrilled with myself for having 10. Sigh. At least I have all the Birka's... :sad:

i have two incoming, have decided NOT to collect the glow editions, so i am missing just one, or two if there really is an antique bronze.

if someone has that AND the antique gold, please post a pic so we can see the difference. and perhaps settle the confusion that there is indeed an antique bronze.

thanks!