Tranquility Geocoins

BlueMotmot

Thanks everyone for helping me with the research! This is one of my favorite coins, and trying to collect them all will be a good goal/project!

that's funny, i said the same thing! hey, a girl has to have goals and collecting tranquilities is as good as any. i'll add that to my other goal, which is to photograph all the species in the calochortus genus. last count there were 71. some in mexico. :D

lara

Thanks everyone for helping me with the research! This is one of my favorite coins, and trying to collect them all will be a good goal/project!

that's funny, i said the same thing! hey, a girl has to have goals and collecting tranquilities is as good as any. i'll add that to my other goal, which is to photograph all the species in the calochortus genus. last count there were 71. some in mexico. :D

lara

what the heck is a calochortus???

lara

oh sorry, it is a wildflower. was out shooting a rare one today near a geocache! i took an unactivated coin with me to leave in the cache and then couldn't find it when i got up the hill. sheesh.

my calochortus collection so far

http://www.flickr.com/photos/redshoesgirl/...57600635136995/

Don't remember wether this edition was really called "Black Onyx" (but that sound familiar to me) but there is a Trade-Only TQ done in antique copper with black translucent color sitting next to me ... :D:D:D AFAIR 25 were minted ... have to search for the sleeve that this beauty was protected with

Dirk

did you ever figure out what your coin was? are you for sure thinking the black is an enamel and not black nickel? i have seen that name "black onyx" also.

lara

Edited by RedShoesGirl

LATER MINTINGS:

(...)

Tranquility Geocoin "XXXXXX" aka "PINK" Edition:: Enamels: cardinal / pink(t) / pink(t) / cardinal; Metals: Nickel

(...)

This is probably the Tranquility Geocoin - Sepp & Berta Edition - SE/LE

There were only 100 made. This coin was sold from April 14th and was sold out the next day. Lucky me had 3 ordered and received. No, don't PM me, I've just got one left for me to keep (or you'll have to bid loads of money :D) You can find more info here on this coin.

LATER MINTINGS:

(...)

Tranquility Geocoin "XXXXXX" aka "PINK" Edition:: Enamels: cardinal / pink(t) / pink(t) / cardinal; Metals: Nickel

(...)

There were only 100 made. This coin was sold from April 14th and was sold out the next day. Lucky me had 3 ordered and received. No, don't PM me, I've just got one left for me to keep (or you'll have to bid loads of money :lol:) You can find more info here on this coin.

Yes, it was. And I had left the specifics out on purpose as apparently "someone who got some made" got over run by people requesting them. I don't know that this was the version in question, but in case it was I had left that information out to avoid a potential repeat.

Now they are listed on eBay and talked about elsewhere it may not be an issue now.

I'd love to see them all in person so that I can get the accurate colors and nice pic's. Anyone? :)

LATER MINTINGS:

(...)

(...)

There were only 100 made. This coin was sold from April 14th and was sold out the next day. Lucky me had 3 ordered and received. No, don't PM me, I've just got one left for me to keep (or you'll have to bid loads of money :lol:) You can find more info here on this coin.

Yes, it was. And I had left the specifics out on purpose as apparently "someone who got some made" got over run by people requesting them. I don't know that this was the version in question, but in case it was I had left that information out to avoid a potential repeat.

Now they are listed on eBay and talked about elsewhere it may not be an issue now.

I'd love to see them all in person so that I can get the accurate colors and nice pic's. Anyone? :)

They were simply sold at the Sepp and Berta retail store. No trade requests on that one. You're safe, keewee.

TMA

Don't remember wether this edition was really called "Black Onyx" (but that sound familiar to me) but there is a Trade-Only TQ done in antique copper with black translucent color sitting next to me ... :P:lol::D AFAIR 25 were minted ... have to search for the sleeve that this beauty was protected with

Dirk

did you ever figure out what your coin was? are you for sure thinking the black is an enamel and not black nickel? i have seen that name "black onyx" also.

lara

Hi Lara,

sorry - I do not find the sleeve here (maybe I have to dig to the deeper dungeons of my desk? :) ) so I can't confirm the name. Take an antique copper (the AE from Paula) and fill all "existing spaces" that usually bear different color with black (but you surely can read all engravements like 'moon', 'stars', etc) - that's the Trade-Only.

Cheers,

Dirk

I personally would like to see the coin retired. Same goes for the Letterboxing coin. I like a little variety, but not too many versions.

I WILL be designing a 2008 Letterboxing Geocoin - the edition will be set at 750 total.

The Tranquility is a lovely coin, but I'm personally not big on having so many versions of it. No offense to anyone - as I said, Im still trying to collect all the ones I don't even have.

I AM glad that people like it tho! I had hoped everyone would enjoy this coin. :lol: So... I did accomplish something good with the design!!! :)

Don't remember wether this edition was really called "Black Onyx" (but that sound familiar to me) but there is a Trade-Only TQ done in antique copper with black translucent color sitting next to me ... :):lol::D AFAIR 25 were minted ... have to search for the sleeve that this beauty was protected with

Dirk

lara

Hi Lara,

sorry - I do not find the sleeve here (maybe I have to dig to the deeper dungeons of my desk? :P ) so I can't confirm the name. Take an antique copper (the AE from Paula) and fill all "existing spaces" that usually bear different color with black (but you surely can read all engravements like 'moon', 'stars', etc) - that's the Trade-Only.

Cheers,

Dirk

@Lara:

I own this coin, too. It looks exactly as described by Dirk. The sticker / sleeve only says:

"Tranquility Geocoin Ultra limited edition 1 of 25"

Cheers

Peter

I personally would like to see the coin retired. Same goes for the Letterboxing coin. I like a little variety, but not too many versions.

I WILL be designing a 2008 Letterboxing Geocoin - the edition will be set at 750 total.

The Tranquility is a lovely coin, but I'm personally not big on having so many versions of it. No offense to anyone - as I said, Im still trying to collect all the ones I don't even have.

I AM glad that people like it tho! I had hoped everyone would enjoy this coin. :P So... I did accomplish something good with the design!!! :P

if it were not for the new editions coming out of old favorites, most of these coins would be out of my reach financially.

i have gone rather overboard in acquiring tranquilities and without the kindness of a trader i would still have but one. with so many folks keeping and not trading the older coins the supply will simply disappear.

with that in mind and really loving the design in the letterboxing coin i ordered one of those from castlecoins.

just a thought

lara

lara

oh sorry, it is a wildflower. was out shooting a rare one today near a geocache! i took an unactivated coin with me to leave in the cache and then couldn't find it when i got up the hill. sheesh.

my calochortus collection so far

http://www.flickr.com/photos/redshoesgirl/...57600635136995/

Lara,

Sorry, no tranquility pictures for you, but I had a look through your flickr sets. You have some amazing photographs. :D Thanks for sharing.

Does anyone have all 30 versions? ;)

Are you kidding ? 30 Versions?

I don't. I have a few, but not too many of em.

I'm seeking some as well...

Does that include the 'Glow-in-the-dark' tranquility announced in the coins and pins newsletter today? :huh:

Does anyone have all 30 versions? ;)

Are you kidding ? 30 Versions?

I don't. I have a few, but not too many of em.

I'm seeking some as well...

Does that include the 'Glow-in-the-dark' tranquility announced in the coins and pins newsletter today? :huh:

I think that was Glow-in-the-dark tranquility's actually - if I read the email right then I think there is more then 1 version appearing, especially since it talked about there only being 50 of each! :o

I must update the list as my research has turned up variations of some of those in the list. If anyone else know of updates that need to be made, get them through to me and I will include those in the update.

will someone that has the blue is my world post a photo please?

lara

@Lara:

Yes, I made pics from my TQ's , I'll drop you them when I'm back from holidays, give me two weeks.

Cheers

Peter

super! thanks so much!

lara

Hi Lara, here's the Blue is my world:

tranquilityblueismyworlcs9.th.jpg

tranquilityblueismyworlht8.th.jpg

Cheers

Peter

is it too tacky to say "whooo hoo" after the sale at castle coins and pins?

i am so excited, in one fell swoop i added 6 new tranquilities to my collection, the five older ones and one rose glow. now how cool is that!

i hope everyone got what they wanted. this was my first "timed" sale like this and it was fun! there were a LOT of people online at the same time. i was surprised nothing crashed!

thanks castleman!

lara

is it too tacky to say "whooo hoo" after the sale at castle coins and pins?

i am so excited, in one fell swoop i added 6 new tranquilities to my collection, the five older ones and one rose glow. now how cool is that!

i hope everyone got what they wanted. this was my first "timed" sale like this and it was fun! there were a LOT of people online at the same time. i was surprised nothing crashed!

thanks castleman!

lara

Good for you !!! :huh: You are such a happy soul, I enjoy reading your posts

Hi,

With regards to : Tranquility Geocoin "Purple Haze" Edition:: Enamels: purple(t) / lilac(t) / purple(t) / lilac(t); Metals: Gold

There is also a Metals: Silver

Are there any more Purple Haze metal variations in existence ?

Cheers,

dean

Edited by haysonics

Afaik Purple Haze is only Gold!?

Cheers

Peter

Hi,

With regards to : Tranquility Geocoin "Purple Haze" Edition:: Enamels: purple(t) / lilac(t) / purple(t) / lilac(t); Metals: Gold

Cheers,

dean

Cheers

Peter

Hi,

Cheers,

dean

the one i am looking at is silver. is there a gold?

lara

Yes, the one i'm looking at in the moment.....

Cheers

Peter

Hi,

Cheers,

dean

the one i am looking at is silver. is there a gold?

lara

Took me a while to figure out why the photograph of a silver Purple Haze was coming out distorted. Then I realised it can be hard to photograph a metal colour correctly (especially gold) so it was a gold version. The distortion also caused the colours to come out so bright I also wondered whether it was a Mardi Grah :D

There are also a couple of polished nickel Purple Haze on ebay at the moment. Guess that makes three versions.

There is also a black nickel Portugal on ebay now. The edges look like gold but that is probably another photographic distortion. Guess that makes three of them as well.

In regards to a list, we should call the different colour types of Tranquilities (Purple Haze, Portugal, etc) the "editions" but classify the different metal types as "versions". Versions are subgroups within each edition. A "limited" edition is a "rare version" (e.g. Portugal GOLD). Does that make sense or do I need to see a psychiatrist ?

Edited by haysonics

the vendor said there was only one edition of purple haze, nickel. no gold.

Took me a while to figure out why the photograph of a silver Purple Haze was coming out distorted. Then I realised it can be hard to photograph a metal colour correctly (especially gold) so it was a gold version. The distortion also caused the colours to come out so bright I also wondered whether it was a Mardi Grah :D

There are also a couple of polished nickel Purple Haze on ebay at the moment. Guess that makes three versions.

There is also a black nickel Portugal on ebay now. The edges look like gold but that is probably another photographic distortion. Guess that makes three of them as well.

In regards to a list, we should call the different colour types of Tranquilities (Purple Haze, Portugal, etc) the "editions" but classify the different metal types as "versions". Versions are subgroups within each edition. A "limited" edition is a "rare version" (e.g. Portugal GOLD). Does that make sense or do I need to see a psychiatrist ?

Regarding Purple Haze:

I had again a closer look in my coinbox and again, the coin looks gold :huh: My wife also identified it as gold... :D

Anyway, I just shot another Purple Haze, as soon as it is delivered to me I will take a picture from both coins side by side and drop it here (if they are really different :) )

Cheers

Peter

Took me a while to figure out why the photograph of a silver Purple Haze was coming out distorted. Then I realised it can be hard to photograph a metal colour correctly (especially gold) so it was a gold version. The distortion also caused the colours to come out so bright I also wondered whether it was a Mardi Grah :huh:

Hm, what is the coin I have? :huh:

I had a look at what I assume being the "Purple Haze" and it is for sure gold.

Rainer

Believe it or not ... Jim did a mistake :huh::D:):D:D

The color scheme he denied came very close to the german PINK edition, the one he accepted is instead the Rhodium Light ("girl") ... place a light in front of each color for the inner rings and it fits. Please keep in mind the "unseen" discussion about the pink edition at that time (officially called "Sepp & Berta") and that both (Sepp & Berta) were bombed with requests at that time. Furthermore Jim never put a list together by himself but just commented the given one.

You can see the "Purple Haze" in all it's beauty in post #29 - and it's gold for sure!

Owning all of the editions except the US and Portugal ones, I allow myself to assist Rainer (Whitby) that he's correct B)

Cheers,

Dirk

You can see the "Purple Haze" in all it's beauty in post #29 - and it's gold for sure!

Owning all of the editions except the US and Portugal ones, I allow myself to assist Rainer (Whitby) that he's correct :huh:

Cheers,

Dirk

Puh. I started a little late with the TQs, but was pretty sure about that. The Rhodium ones I have never seen iin reality up to now.

Thank you Dirk!

@Dirk, @Rainer:

Yes, that's true, I also own a "Purple Haze" in gold finish, but I saw a coin in a eba* auction looking exactly like a purple haze but in nickel finish, the picture looks like nickel and the description says also nickel.

I shot it and when it arrives in a week or so I probably own a Purple haze in gold and one in nickel B)

lets wait and see...

Btw: I think I'm also nearly complete with my TQ collection, that means I own all TQ's from that I know that they exist (except the Bronze mismint) : 30 different plus the nickel purple haze I'm waiting for....

But who knows... :D

Cheers Peter

Hm, what is the coin I have? :huh:

I had a look at what I assume being the "Purple Haze" and it is for sure gold.

Rainer

Believe it or not ... Jim did a mistake :huh::D:):DB)

The color scheme he denied came very close to the german PINK edition, the one he accepted is instead the Rhodium Light ("girl") ... place a light in front of each color for the inner rings and it fits. Please keep in mind the "unseen" discussion about the pink edition at that time (officially called "Sepp & Berta") and that both (Sepp & Berta) were bombed with requests at that time. Furthermore Jim never put a list together by himself but just commented the given one.

Owning all of the editions except the US and Portugal ones, I allow myself to assist Rainer (Whitby) that he's correct :D

Cheers,

Dirk

I shot it and when it arrives in a week or so I probably own a Purple haze in gold and one in nickel :huh:

lets wait and see...

Btw: I think I'm also nearly complete with my TQ collection, that means I own all TQ's from that I know that they exist (except the Bronze mismint) : 30 different plus the nickel purple haze I'm waiting for....

But who knows... :huh:

Cheers Peter

I'm really curious what you will get. Tell us, please!

I'm not yet satisfied with my collection. Still missing some of the older ones and the XLEs

And of course the pink one. But I could successfully resist the allure. Simply not my colors :)