Tranquility Geocoins

BlueMotmot

Hi all,

The Tranquility geocoins are one of my favorites, and now there are so many variations that I am losing track. Can you help me make a list of all the editions?

Thanks,

Valerie

here is a good start - the first site for names and the second for names and pictures

http://www.geocoincollection.com/cointrade/coinlist.asp

http://cointracking.com/ - put in tranquility in the search box and a bunch will show up.

i have also been trying to figure out how many different ones there are.

of course, we could just ask castleman!

lara

Hi all,

The Tranquility geocoins are one of my favorites, and now there are so many variations that I am losing track. Can you help me make a list of all the editions?

Thanks,

Valerie

here is a good start - the first site for names and the second for names and pictures

http://www.geocoincollection.com/cointrade/coinlist.asp

http://cointracking.com/ - put in tranquility in the search box and a bunch will show up.

i have also been trying to figure out how many different ones there are.

of course, we could just ask castleman!

lara

O.K. So, Castleman, we are asking ;)

I lost track of them after the first run or two.... I never got any of the recent ones for my own collection.

But.. I'm glad everyone enjoys the design. Its one of my favorite designs I have done. ;)

Id like to get my hands on a few of the newer versions (After I see whats all out there on this list) So, if anyone has any trades on em. Let me know.

~P

I lost track of them after the first run or two.... I never got any of the recent ones for my own collection.

But.. I'm glad everyone enjoys the design. Its one of my favorite designs I have done. ;)

Id like to get my hands on a few of the newer versions (After I see whats all out there on this list) So, if anyone has any trades on em. Let me know.

~P

I think with Every new coin that you design, it becomes our New favorite :):D

For some reason, Castleman objects to this post and asked for the list to be removed??

No, no objection, just some of the versions were made for individuals that asked for them and the last time a list was posted they were contacted by multiple people and bombarded with trade requests.

For some reason, Castleman objects to this post and asked for the list to be removed??

No, no objection, just some of the versions were made for individuals that asked for them and the last time a list was posted they were contacted by multiple people and bombarded with trade requests.

Thanks for the explanation - I do not want to bombard anyone, just will be checking for trades/sales.

Thanks for the explanation - I do not want to bombard anyone, just will be checking for trades/sales.

There's an ultra LE tranquility on ebay with a couple hours left to go. Copper and translucent black.

check http://www.geocoincollection.com/, put in the word tranquility and voila, the people who actually have coins and want to trade them.

lara

I would love to see a list, although i understand why you don't want one posted. Personally I am having a hard time with them in the math trade. I know there are beautiful coins as my mom has a couple, but having no way to see which editions are which colors, I cant really pick out which ones i want in the math trade. Is there any way to give an "coin name" and photo without revealing who made the coin? That why the minter wont have to worry about being bombarded with trade requests. Or perhaps someone can email me privately?

Then could we have to publicly sold list put up please, and maybe the others listed in a somewhat generic sense such that it is not obvious who had them done. Maybe just the metal and color scheme for those *special* ones? Thanks.

I've got 9 different Tranquillities. And I still feel as if I'm missing out.... ;)

Edited to say....I know of at least 15 versions....and all of them are gorgeous. It is one of the best coin designs I have ever seen :) I love seeing them in different colour and metal combinations.

Edited by Cheesy pigs

I'm putting a list together from what info I can find around the place and will post it here when done.

i already did that and then removed it. it is possible to see the coins, their colours and who wants to trade them on the coin collecting sites!!!

lara

The problem with the geocoin sites is that what ends up on them is often somewhat arbitrary (what ever the first person suggests the coin should be called) and not necessarily what the coin is officially called (or should be called), plus they contain no history. I'm trying to put together a comprehensive list with what I can source publicly as being the correct names, and some history - releases, etc (v1, v2...)

Right, my first attempt at a complete list follows.

Firstly some explanations, etc.

- this information has been sourced from these forums, Castle Coins & Pins website, the 2 main coin tracking sites, announcement emails from Castle Coins & Pins, and my good friend "Google" :)

- this information is not 100% correct, some of it was gained by looking at very low res photos

- the format below is "Coin Name/Edition":: "Enamel Colors Used"; "Metals Used" ("additional Info")

- I have listed 4 enamel sections. They are the ones on the front of the coin - where the globe is. Yes - I know there is actally 5 area, but I have ignored the plain ring near the center as it does not impact on this at all

- The enamel colors are listed starting from the outside of the coin, moving inwards

- a (t) beside the enamel color denotes a translucent enamel

- colors are rough guesses only

- metals are listed in a way that it should be clear which is which when it comes to the 2 tones

- dates are of when the coins went on sale. One date is wrong, but only by a few days, I think...

- I'm only human!!!

If you make changes to the list, please make it obvious what you have changed - use a different color text or bold it. Thanks.

ORIGINAL MINTING (6 versions) (Sept 7 2007):

Tranquility Geocoin "Light Gold" Edition:: Enamels: pink(t) / light green(t) / orange(t) / light blue(t); Metals: Gold

Tranquility Geocoin "Light Rhodium" Edition:: Enamels: pink(t) / light green(t) / orange(t) / light blue(t); Metals: Rhodium

Tranquility Geocoin "Dark Gold" Edition:: Enamels: purple(t) / red(t) / yellow (t) / blue(t); Metals: Gold

Tranquility Geocoin "Dark Rhodium" Edition:: Enamels: purple(t) / red(t) / yellow (t) / blue(t); Metals: Rhodium

Tranquility Geocoin "Antique Nickel and Gold two tone" (LE) Edition:: Enamals: no enamel; Metals: Gold (raised) on Nickel

Tranquility Geocoin "Antique Copper Artist Edition" Edition:: Enamals: no enamel; Metals: Antique Copper (30 only minted)

FIRST REMINT (Oct 1 2007):

Tranquility Geocoin "Antique Gold" Edition:: Enamals: no enamel; Metals: Antique Gold (75 total)

Tranquility Geocoin "Dark Gold" Edition - assume remint of original "Dark Gold: Edition

Tranquility Geocoin "Two Toned Nickel" - need more details on this one

Tranquility Geocoin "Gold" Edition - not sure if this is just a double up of the "Antique Gold"

SECOND REMINT (Oct 23 2007):6 New Limited Editions

Tranquility Geocoin "Antique Nickel LE" Edition:: Enamels: no enamel; Metals: Antique Nickel

Tranquility Geocoin "Blue Is My World" Edition:: Enamels: light blue(t) / dark blue / deep blue (t) / deep blue (t); Metals: Gold?

Tranquility Geocoin "2-Tone Copper on Nickel" Edition:: Enamels: no enamel; Metals: Copper (raised) on Nickel

Tranquility Geocoin "2-Tone Nickel on Copper" Edition:: Enamels: no enamel; Metals: Nickel (raised) on Copper

Tranquility Geocoin "Red Passion" Edition:: Enamels: red(t) / purple(t) / red(t) / red(t); Metals: Gold

Tranquility Geocoin "2-Tone Gold on Black Nickel Luxury Edition" Edition:: Enamals: no enamel; Metals: Gold (raised) on Black Nickel

LATER MINTINGS:

Tranquility Geocoin "Black Widow" Edition:: details unknown

Tranquility Geocoin "USA Nickel" Edition:: Enamels: red(t) / light blue / deep blue / none; Metals: Nickel

Tranquility Geocoin "USA Gold" Edition:: Enamels: red(t) / light blue / deep blue / none; Metals: Gold

Tranquility Geocoin "Antique Bronze" Edition:: details unknown

Tranquility Geocoin "Portugal Gold" Edition:: Enamels: red(t) / green(t) / red(t) / green(t); Metals: Nickel

Tranquility Geocoin "Green Giant" Edition:: Enamels: bright green(t) / light green(t) / dark green(t) / bright green(t); Metals: unknown

# - may be listed as "Emerald" Edition on some geocoin sites

Tranquility Geocoin "Mardi Gras" Edition:: Enamels: purple(t) / green(t) / orange(t) / purple(t); Metals: Gold

Tranquility Geocoin "Purple Haze" Edition:: Enamels: purple(t) / red(t) / orange(t) / blue(t); Metals: Nickel

or are the colors purple(t) / pink(t) / purple(t) / pink(t) - have seen both color schemes listed as "Purple Haze"

Tranquility Geocoin "German Nickel" Edition:: Enamals: black / red(t) / yellow(t) / black; Metals: Nickel

Tranquility Geocoin "German Gold" Edition:: Enamals: black / red(t) / yellow(t) / black; Metals: Gold

Tranquility Geocoin "Black Onyx" Edition (no enamels) on gold (raised) and black nickel

Tranquility Geocoin "XXXXXX" aka "PINK" Edition:: Enamels: cardinal / pink(t) / pink(t) / cardinal; Metals: Nickel

# - version name removed so as to avoid undue rush of emails to those involved

Tranquility Geocoin "USA" Edition:: Enamals: red(t) / white / blue / none; Metals: Nickel

# - this is different to the "USA Nickel" Edition as it contains a white enamel, and only one part is a blue enamel

I have also seen mention of the following, but have not seen photos or anything:

Tranquility "Light" Two Tone

Tranquility German Black Forest

So I make that at the very least 26 unique version of the Tranquility Geocoins - if not significantly more! :)

Updating as found a little more info - this time on versions of these coins for sale on eBay.

Tranquility Geocoin "Light Gold" Edition:: Enamels: pink(t) / light green(t) / orange(t) / light blue(t); Metals: Gold

Tranquility Geocoin "Light Rhodium" Edition:: Enamels: pink(t) / light green(t) / orange(t) / light blue(t); Metals: Rhodium

Tranquility Geocoin "Dark Gold" Edition:: Enamels: purple(t) / red(t) / yellow (t) / blue(t); Metals: Gold

Tranquility Geocoin "Dark Rhodium" Edition:: Enamels: purple(t) / red(t) / yellow (t) / blue(t); Metals: Rhodium

Tranquility Geocoin "Antique Nickel and Gold two tone" (LE) Edition:: Enamals: no enamel; Metals: Gold (raised) on Nickel

Tranquility Geocoin "Antique Copper Artist Edition" Edition:: Enamals: no enamel; Metals: Antique Copper (30 only minted)

Tranquility Geocoin "Antique Gold" Edition:: Enamals: no enamel; Metals: Antique Gold (75 total)

Tranquility Geocoin "Dark Gold" Edition - assume remint of original "Dark Gold: Edition

Tranquility Geocoin "Gold" Edition - not sure if this is just a double up of the "Antique Gold"

Tranquility Geocoin "Antique Nickel LE" Edition:: Enamels: no enamel; Metals: Antique Nickel

Tranquility Geocoin "Blue Is My World" Edition:: Enamels: light blue(t) / dark blue / deep blue (t) / deep blue (t); Metals: Gold?

Tranquility Geocoin "2-Tone Copper on Nickel" Edition:: Enamels: no enamel; Metals: Copper (raised) on Nickel

Tranquility Geocoin "2-Tone Nickel on Copper" Edition:: Enamels: no enamel; Metals: Nickel (raised) on Copper

Tranquility Geocoin "Red Passion" Edition:: Enamels: red(t) / purple(t) / red(t) / red(t); Metals: Gold

Tranquility Geocoin "2-Tone Gold on Black Nickel Luxury Edition" Edition:: Enamals: no enamel; Metals: Gold (raised) on Black Nickel

LATER MINTINGS:

Tranquility Geocoin "USA Nickel" Edition:: Enamels: red(t) / light blue / deep blue / none; Metals: Nickel

Tranquility Geocoin "USA Gold" Edition:: Enamels: red(t) / light blue / deep blue / none; Metals: Gold

Tranquility Geocoin "Antique Bronze" Edition:: details unknown

Tranquility Geocoin "Portugal Gold" Edition:: Enamels: red(t) / green(t) / red(t) / green(t); Metals: Nickel

Tranquility Geocoin "Green Giant" Edition:: Enamels: bright green(t) / light green(t) / dark green(t) / bright green(t); Metals: unknown

# - may be listed as "Emerald" Edition on some geocoin sites

Tranquility Geocoin "Mardi Gras" Edition:: Enamels: purple(t) / green(t) / orange(t) / purple(t); Metals: Gold

Tranquility Geocoin "Purple Haze" Edition:: Enamels: purple(t) / red(t) / orange(t) / blue(t); Metals: Nickel

or are the colors purple(t) / pink(t) / purple(t) / pink(t) - have seen both color schemes listed as "Purple Haze"

Tranquility Geocoin "German Nickel" Edition:: Enamals: black / red(t) / yellow(t) / black; Metals: Nickel

Tranquility Geocoin "German Gold" Edition:: Enamals: black / red(t) / yellow(t) / black; Metals: Gold

Tranquility Geocoin "German Black Forest" Edition:: Enamals: black / red(t) / yellow(t) / black; Metals: Black Nickel

Tranquility Geocoin "Black Onyx" Edition (no enamels) on gold (raised) and black nickel

Tranquility Geocoin "XXXXXX" aka "PINK" Edition:: Enamels: cardinal / pink(t) / pink(t) / cardinal; Metals: Nickel

Tranquility Geocoin "USA" Edition:: Enamals: red(t) / white / blue / none; Metals: Nickel

# - this is different to the "USA Nickel" Edition as it contains a white enamel, and only one part is a blue enamel

I have also seen mention of the following, but have not seen photos or anything:

Tranquility "Light" Two Tone

EDITING

LATER MINTINGS:

Tranquility Geocoin "Antique Bronze" Edition:: details unknown MINT ERROR MOSTLY GIVEN AWAY 25 made

# - may be listed as "Emerald" Edition on some geocoin sites NEVER HEARD OF THIS: DOES NOT EXIST

or are the colors purple(t) / pink(t) / purple(t) / pink(t) - have seen both color schemes listed as "Purple Haze" ANOTHER NEVER HEARD OF IT: DOES NOT EXIST

Tranquility Geocoin "German Black Forest" Edition:: Enamals: black / red(t) / yellow(t) / black; Metals: Black Nickel THIS IS ALSO A MINT ERROR 25 Made

Tranquility Geocoin "Black Onyx" Edition (no enamels) on gold (raised) and black nickel DOES NOT EXIST: NEVER HEARD OF IT

Tranquility Geocoin "XXXXXX" aka "PINK" Edition:: Enamels: cardinal / pink(t) / pink(t) / cardinal; Metals: Nickel # - version name removed so as to avoid undue rush of emails to those involved

Tranquility "Light" Two Tone DOES NOT EXIST

EDITING

Being the one that introduced te Tranquilityes in Portugal i had to correct that Jim :lol:

There where minted

Tranquility Geocoin "Portugal Black Nickel" Edition:: Enamels: red(t) / green(t) / red(t) / green(t); Metals: Black Nickel - 75 minted

Tranquility Geocoin "Portugal Gold" Edition:: Enamels: red(t) / green(t) / red(t) / green(t); Metals: Polished Gold - 25 minted

And they look absolutly beautifull.

Paulo

ps.

by the way. I've been so busy that i hadn't time do geocoins. But i'm back. I'll try to put my trades up to date to. Sorry to all ;)

EDITING

--snip--

or are the colors purple(t) / pink(t) / purple(t) / pink(t) - have seen both color schemes listed as "Purple Haze" ANOTHER NEVER HEARD OF IT: DOES NOT EXIST

--snip--

This is all so confusing, which one doesn't exist? Here's the latter, which I purchased from the Castle Website, described as Purple Haze:

08577041-225c-475c-b3ff-7f28f144a53d.jpg

And here's a picture of the Black Forest:

b00740c1-ef9b-491b-a6c2-db6407863324.jpg

EDITING

LATER MINTINGS:

Tranquility Geocoin "Antique Bronze" Edition:: details unknown MINT ERROR MOSTLY GIVEN AWAY 25 made...

boy, now i am really confused, because i bought one of these from the castle coins site. it is on its way elsewhere as part of a trade.

lara

I'm pretty sure that I have seen Jim sell some of his excess coins on the site, so you may have picked it up that way.

above it says "Tranquility Geocoin "German Black Forest" Edition:: Enamals: black / red(t) / yellow(t) / black; Metals: Black Nickel THIS IS ALSO A MINT ERROR 25 Made"

so that exists.

your other colour, purple haze looks like purple/pink/purple/pink. pretty cool looking! i have just one, red passion. simply a splendid coin!

we need a reference book!

lara

EDITING

LATER MINTINGS:

Tranquility Geocoin "Antique Bronze" Edition:: details unknown MINT ERROR MOSTLY GIVEN AWAY 25 made...

boy, now i am really confused, because i bought one of these from the castle coins site. it is on its way elsewhere as part of a trade.

lara

I'm pretty sure that I have seen Jim sell some of his excess coins on the site, so you may have picked it up that way.

that makes sense. i wish now i hadn't traded it. oh well, live and learn. i didn't realize when i bought that coin, very early in my collecting, that they didn't stay around forever. figured i could just replace it at some point.

this has been an expensive learning process!

i have decided to limit my collecting to two types, maybe three, tranquilities, astros and compass roses. that will make life so much simpler, doncha think?

lara

EDITING

--snip--

--snip--

This is all so confusing, which one doesn't exist? Here's the latter, which I purchased from the Castle Website, described as Purple Haze:

The one that is claiming to have pink must just be a bad pic because non were made with pink and purple is all. The Black Forest was a mint good that was supposed to be Gold plating but I let them go and explained there were only 25 and informed the crowd that got them that they were made by mistake, that's all

EDITING

LATER MINTINGS:

lara

Correct, I did a spring cleaning and sold out most of the things I've had sitting in boxes. I even posted a few pictures of all the stuff in another forum so people could see how much stuff was lonely in the boxes.

EDITING

--snip--

--snip--

The one that is claiming to have pink must just be a bad pic because non were made with pink and purple is all. The Black Forest was a mint good that was supposed to be Gold plating but I let them go and explained there were only 25 and informed the crowd that got them that they were made by mistake, that's all

the mistake looks good though!

so what do you think the top coin is. maybe it is blue and purple?

lara

the mistake looks good though!

so what do you think the top coin is. maybe it is blue and purple?

lara

The top coin is the Purple Haze - light purple and dark purple with gold metal. The photo just makes it look like something different... darn pretty coin though!

Edited by Cheesy pigs

Many thanks for Jim, Paulo, southpawaz and others for their input. All very useful.

So I think the updated list would be as follows:

LATER MINTINGS:

Tranquility Geocoin "Antique Bronze" Edition:: details unknown (Mint Error, 25 total)

Tranquility Geocoin "Portugal Gold" Edition:: Enamels: red(t) / green(t) / red(t) / green(t); Metals: Gold (25 total)

Tranquility Geocoin "Portugal Black Nickel" Edition:: Enamels: red(t) / green(t) / red(t) / green(t); Metals: Black Nickel (75 total)

Tranquility Geocoin "Purple Haze" Edition:: Enamels: purple(t) / lilac(t) / purple(t) / lilac(t); Metals: Gold

Tranquility Geocoin "German Black Forest" Edition:: Enamals: black / red(t) / yellow(t) / black; Metals: Black Nickel (Mint Error, 25 total)

Notes on "Spook" Editions:

"Emerald" Edition - not the correct name, it is the "Green Giant" Edition

"Black Onyx" Edition - does not exist, maybe it is actually "Black Widow" - could someone please confirm if "Black Widow" Edition is no enamels on gold (raised) and black nickel

"Light" Two Tone Edition - does not exist

Quick Edit to add that maybe if people send me one of each I can then ensure all details are correct and get good photos of them all... he says hopefully... B)

Edited by keewee

Notes on "Spook" Editions:

"Emerald" Edition - not the correct name, it is the "Green Giant" Edition

"Black Onyx" Edition - does not exist, maybe it is actually "Black Widow" - could someone please confirm if "Black Widow" Edition is no enamels on gold (raised) and black nickel

"Light" Two Tone Edition - does not exist

I don't know what the "Black Onyx" is supposed to be, but the "Black Widow" is black and red. I don't have the coin at hand at the moment, but I think it is black nickel with red translucent and (maybe) black enamel.

Edit: Just realized that the "Black Onyx" has the same metals as the Luxury Edition. Maybe it is that one.

Edited by Whitby

Don't remember wether this edition was really called "Black Onyx" (but that sound familiar to me) but there is a Trade-Only TQ done in antique copper with black translucent color sitting next to me ... B)B):laughing: AFAIR 25 were minted ... have to search for the sleeve that this beauty was protected with

Dirk

30 different selections....isn't that a bit much?

I guess it's no different than a project coin... B)

Best not go there... it caused a fight last time.

The problem is that the design is so darn beautiful that it lends itself to being done again... and again... and again... B)

Unfortunate that a thread has to start a turn into the usual fiasco.

We each have our own opinions about coin editions.... (And are allowed them)

I don't see the above reply from AT as an agenda - but moreso as opinion.

Coin editions are a whole other thread....

I personally don't collect every version of a coin unless its:

One of my own designs

Or

I absolutely love the coin.

'Arthur & Trillian' date='Apr 30 2008, 10:33 AM' post='3453143']

30 different selections....isn't that a bit much?

Hmmm, what agenda does this one have now? Probably the usual as we all know.

Sure...I have an agenda. I only bought all (at the time) of the all-metal varieties...seven in all.

As witnessed by my previous statement, it's not like I hate the coin or anything. I just think that (at the time) the 15 varieties were plenty for one coin.

and i am the proud new owner of "Tranquility Geocoin "2-Tone Gold on Black Nickel Luxury Edition" Edition:: Enamals: no enamel; Metals: Gold (raised) on Black Nickel"

holy sh*T - i am going cold turkey off ebay, no more, nada, zilch, zip - NO MORE EBAY.

lara/rsg

Congratulations... Good luck with going cold turkey... I've heard that in theory it is possible... but I'm not sure if any has ever achieved it :)