Does Garmin fix problems like this?

A few days ago, when I got back from an outing, I accidentally dropped my GPSr on a hard tile floor and the plastic in front of the screen got this small crack in it.

Screencrack.png

It's really bugging me and stressing me out. I obtained this unit in August 2007, on eBay, when it was brand new, so if I sent it in to Garmin, would they replace it with a brand new case?

Edited by DENelson83

A few days ago, when I got back from an outing, I accidentally dropped my GPSr on a hard tile floor and the plastic in front of the screen got this small crack in it.

Screencrack.png

It's really bugging me and stressing me out. I obtained this unit in August 2007, on eBay, when it was brand new, so if I sent it in to Garmin, would they replace it with a brand new case?

Dropping the unit voids the warranty. Yes, they will replace it for you, but there will be a charge for parts and labor. You can send it to them for an estimate or they may be able to quote you a cost over the phone.

Based on my past experience, they'd send you a completely different yet fully refurbished unit. You'll then need to likely call up support after you get the unit back and have them allow enable your mapping products to be used with the new device.

What I'd suggest, if you can deal with it, is wait to see if something else happens and it's the same cost to get the entire unit replaced. I'd love to do the same thing since about 1 year ago, I placed my 76CS on the floor of my Jeep when I ran into a store and it fell over and there's a huge gouge in the center of the screen. I'm waiting for something else to go on it and then decide if I want a new model or get this one repaired.

But it does have a screen shield, QuigleyJones.
With the picture, it looks like the crack may be on the shield.

The shield is a flexible film, and if the crack was in the shield, it would be thinner. And I don't know how to take the front off a 76CSx. Those directions coggins linked to are for an eTrex model. Would anyone like to enlighten me on how to carry out this repair on one's own?

Anyway, I've sent the unit over to Raytech in Quebec for a non-warranty repair. I'll expect it to not come back for a couple of months.

Edited by DENelson83