Lehigh Mafia ducky

RedShoesGirl

i spend a lot of time looking at the various coin lists people have, a way of learning about coins and about people. and once in a while i get just plain curious.

the yellow rubber ducky coin, Lehigh Mafia, has so many seekers and keepers and no traders and i think i saw one for sale for more than 30 bucks.

so my question is, what makes this coin so desirable?

rsg

The Lehigh Mafia GeoDuck Geocoin..

GeoDuck Geocoins have never been and never will be for sale.. There are only a couple of different ways to get ahold of the GeoDuck..

#1..Personal Coin for Personal Coin Trade (We are only doing 100 of these Trades)..

#2..Find one in a Cache (We ask that you please move the Duck along for they like to Travel..)

#3..A Charitable Cause..

#4..Being Made by the Godfather Him Self..

:huh::D

The Lehigh Mafia GeoDuck Geocoin..

GeoDuck Geocoins have never been and never will be for sale.. There are only a couple of different ways to get ahold of the GeoDuck..

#1..Personal Coin for Personal Coin Trade (We are only doing 100 of these Trades)..

#2..Find one in a Cache (We ask that you please move the Duck along for they like to Travel..)

#3..A Charitable Cause..

#4..Being Made by the Godfather Him Self..

:huh::D

thank you! i love knowing the stories.

lara/rsg

This coin may very well be the #1 on my seeking list. I came across one once when it arrived through the Italian Stargate (that I manage) and ever since I have tried to get my hands on one. But to no avail (sor far - she adds optimistically).

i spend a lot of time looking at the various coin lists people have, a way of learning about coins and about people. and once in a while i get just plain curious.

the yellow rubber ducky coin, Lehigh Mafia, has so many seekers and keepers and no traders and i think i saw one for sale for more than 30 bucks.

so my question is, what makes this coin so desirable?

rsg

As you said in your own post.... many seekers, many keepers but none available for trade. A sure fire formula for high prices.

i understand!

while i was still working my day job at the newspaper, i wrote a weekly column called "the duck pond" sort of a life from lara's point of view. mostly funny stuff, but the name came about because my fave phrase when things were crappy (most of the time) was "be a duck" - as in let it all roll off your back.

my office was the official duck pond and i had a rubber ducky with a crown, for the queen duck of course!

i am thinking of a story about geocoins and their collectors, that why i am collecting stories about the origins and stories of coins.

now i need to get in to see coins being minted as well as designed for the whole story package. i'll be the lady at gw6 asking questions, taking names and photos!

rsg/lara

Sigh...so maybe there is still hope that I will hear back from them too :huh:

Although I guess most (if not all) trades were done quite a while back.

I approached them for a trade and they were very amenable for a trade for my personal coin. :D

The Godfather here, We're still making a few trades of personal coins, but it must be your personal coin. If anyone is still interested in trading or getting the story behind why we use ducks, drop us a line.

Cache ya laters,

The Godfather, Lehigh Mafia

The Godfather here, We're still making a few trades of personal coins, but it must be your personal coin. If anyone is still interested in trading or getting the story behind why we use ducks, drop us a line.

Cache ya laters,

I stopped hearing from you on our trade? Are we still on? :D

TMA

Mail sent, offering some 'borderline' personal coins, so I guess the odds are against me...

Cache ya laters,

Cache ya laters,

Email sent. :D

Cache ya laters,

Putting da personal back into coins! :D:D:D:D

Sigh...so maybe there is still hope that I will hear back from them too :D

Although I guess most (if not all) trades were done quite a while back.

I approached them for a trade and they were very amenable for a trade for my personal coin. :D

The ducky was one of our top seekers too (I just love the rubber ducks!) and Pete mentioned to us that we could trade for one, and we did--just a few months ago! I love the coin!

Cache ya laters,

If I crack the Mafia Boss, can I get one as a FTF prize?

GC18M5B

:D I can only hope!

my mantra for many a long year now:

"When I find myself in times of trouble

Mother Mary comes to me

Speaking words of wisdom, be a duck.

And in my hour of darkness

She is standing right in front of me

Speaking words of wisdom, be a duck.

be a duck, be a duck.

Whisper words of wisdom, be a duck."

and on my office door, the words, "Be a duck, be a duck, BE A DUCK!!"

rsg / lara

Cache ya laters,

Well, I would trade you but that would be at the end of the year, won´t manage to have mine done untill then... (Gotta save some money :o)

Cache ya laters,

PM sent

I sent an email to the Godfather himself about a trade. I just hope he'll get it, sometimes my messages doesn't seem to go through.

Godfather, if you read this message and didn't get my email, please contact me.

K-9 Claire

I've been having the same problem lately..not sure what is happening or why emails aren't getting through?

I sent an email to the Godfather himself about a trade. I just hope he'll get it, sometimes my messages doesn't seem to go through.

Godfather, if you read this message and didn't get my email, please contact me.

K-9 Claire

I've been having the same problem lately..not sure what is happening or why emails aren't getting through?

mine either. it must be a conspiracy, that is it!

lara

Cache ya laters,

If I crack the Mafia Boss, can I get one as a FTF prize?

GC18M5B

:D I can only hope!

That would be Correct.. Good Luck on Cracking the Boss.. It was Programmed by the Brains.. :)

LM

Cache ya laters,

I´d like to know the story of the cute little ducky :)

Ok.. The Story Behind the Name & The Duck..

If you Check out our Profile.. You'll see Gimpy & No-Name.. Our Pet Peking Ducks.. Shortly after we started geocaching, we had no clue about the GC names or handles.. So we had something silly.. Well one day while the Brains was logging a find.. Gimpy was sitting on the Floor by the computer giving her grief because he was hungry or bored.. Either way she wasnt doing what he wanted her to be doing.. Well she stopped and took him out side to go play.. Well the Godfather was shortly in tow with No-Name.. While they where sitting in the front yard with the Ducks pulling weeds for them to eat.. Gimpy was acting as if he was the Boss Quacking at the Godfather Because he wasn't pulling the weed correctly.. Just like the Real Godfather Does.. Well We live in Lehigh Acres Florida so that's where the Lehigh comes into play.. And the Mafia shortly entered after being bosses around by a couple of Peking Duck who thought they where in Charge.. So in short.. Lehigh Mafia was born all over 2 Peking Very Spoiled Ducks who had to have everything their way..

Sadly in 2006 They where taken from us unexpectly.. They now live on in our GeoDuck Geocoins.. Yes, we know Peking's are White.. But they where Yellow to start with.. And we thought if we would have made them White folks would have thought that the coin was a Goose or Swan.. So we picked Yellow..

So.. That is how it Happen.. Hope everyone Enjoyed it..

LM

Edited by Lehigh Mafia

Ok.. The Story Behind the Name & The Duck..

If you Check out our Profile.. You'll see Gimpy & No-Name.. Our Pet Peking Ducks.. Shortly after we started geocaching, we had no clue about the GC names or handles.. So we had something silly.. Well one day while the Brains was logging a find.. Gimpy was sitting on the Floor by the computer giving her grief because he was hungry or bored.. Either way she wasnt doing what he wanted her to be doing.. Well she stopped and took him out side to go play.. Well the Godfather was shortly in tow with No-Name.. While they where sitting in the front yard with the Ducks pulling weeds for them to eat.. Gimpy was acting as if he was the Boss Quacking at the Godfather Because he wasn't pulling the weed correctly.. Just like the Real Godfather Does.. Well We live in Lehigh Acres Florida so that's where the Lehigh comes into play.. And the Mafia shortly entered after being bosses around by a couple of Peking Duck who thought they where in Charge.. So in short.. Lehigh Mafia was born all over 2 Peking Very Spoiled Ducks who had to have everything their way..

Sadly in 2006 They where taken from us unexpectly.. They now live on in our GeoDuck Geocoins.. Yes, we know Peking's are White.. But they where Yellow to start with.. And we thought if we would have made them White folks would have thought that the coin was a Goose or Swan.. So we picked Yellow..

So.. That is how it Happen.. Hope everyone Enjoyed it..

LM

Thanks for telling the story. It´s a beautifull coin. I hope to find one in a cache someday :)

Please Note.. Many have sent us Trade Request's.. We are holding on to those E-Mails at this time, but we are not making any Trade's at this time..

Like It was said before.. The Godfather Jumped the Gun on the Trading Offer.. We are sorry about any confusion this might be causing anyone.. The Godfather just miss understood what the Brains was talking with him about..

Just keep your eye out on Ebay as we will be Auctioning off 2 GeoDucks to help Round up some Funds for our Christmas Time GeoBash we hold Each Christmas..

Thanks for Reading

LM

Please Note.. Many have sent us Trade Request's.. We are holding on to those E-Mails at this time, but we are not making any Trade's at this time..

Like It was said before.. The Godfather Jumped the Gun on the Trading Offer.. We are sorry about any confusion this might be causing anyone.. The Godfather just miss understood what the Brains was talking with him about..

Just keep your eye out on Ebay as we will be Auctioning off 2 GeoDucks to help Round up some Funds for our Christmas Time GeoBash we hold Each Christmas..

Thanks for Reading

LM

I guess THIS got some hearts, hopes and dreams "jump started" :ph34r: