I just got Goofed by the Goofy Cacher...anyone else!

kimba off track

What's the starting bid going to be on the potato chip? I guess more importantly what's the shipping cost/method going to be?

CONGRATULATIONS to all the goofballs.

I told her that the starting price should be $0.99. Hey if someone can sell an empty Mountain Dew can for that starting price a unique chip could too! It would go in the Everything else category under totally weird. she would have it professionally packed too :ph34r:;):)

Congratulations to all those recent official goofballs!!!

The biggest goofball would be the bidder who wins that auction!!

Goof Troop! I loved watching that show! :)

With no web access at camp this past week, and not one free minute the entire week, what do I come home to, but a mysterious note from LadyBee4T to check out this thread when I get a minute.

OK, so I am thinking about lunch at work....which frankly doesn't happen much lately and I see in my hand the most unusual chip I have ever seen.

My coworkers think I have lost my mind anyway, but now they are sure of it.

If someone can get cash for a grilled cheese sandwich, why not a potato chip?

We need a new dump truck at the camp where I volunteer. I thought it would be a great idea to try and drum up some of that cash.

They did not agree with me and told me to start getting more sleep at night and to cut back on coffee.

(I think those 2 things go hand in hand, don't you agree?)

Just in case, I packaged the chip up with 4x4's and it's safe at home waiting a final decision as to its final fate.

So goofy, yes.

Taking myself too seriously?

I think not.

Thanks for the laugh my dear friend!

And keep up the smiles Goofy guy.

You brought me a huge laugh this week when I read all the silliness that folks are enjoying!

anne

What's the starting bid going to be on the potato chip? I guess more importantly what's the shipping cost/method going to be?

I told her that the starting price should be $0.99. Hey if someone can sell an empty Mountain Dew can for that starting price a unique chip could too! It would go in the Everything else category under totally weird. she would have it professionally packed too :D:laughing::D

Goof Troop! I loved watching that show! :D

With no web access at camp this past week, and not one free minute the entire week, what do I come home to, but a mysterious note from LadyBee4T to check out this thread when I get a minute.

OK, so I am thinking about lunch at work....which frankly doesn't happen much lately and I see in my hand the most unusual chip I have ever seen.

We need a new dump truck at the camp where I volunteer. I thought it would be a great idea to try and drum up some of that cash.

They did not agree with me and told me to start getting more sleep at night and to cut back on coffee.

Just in case, I packaged the chip up with 4x4's and it's safe at home waiting a final decision as to its final fate.

So goofy, yes.

I think not.

You brought me a huge laugh this week when I read all the silliness that folks are enjoying!

anne

The following is an excerpt of what Nurse Nanna posted in the GSA thread last night.

So for your viewing pleasure I now present to you a brief peek at life at camp this summer....

As any secret agent worth their weight will tell you.....I am having to take on a disguise to keep my "true" identity locked up tight.

First and foremost may I introduce to you the hidden and top secret Nurse Nanna the duck mascot.....

784aeab5-f668-41b9-a632-2d5ca991ea90.jpg

Here is the newest secret agent trying her hardest to remember how to spell YMCA....(I hate to admit this, but it's the honest truth....there had to be someone posted nearby to show me which letter came next...

I can't spell YMCA)

22e3cbf4-208f-4960-a669-851543c9c6bc.jpg

I received my treasured coin early this week and came out of my office, which is literally the size of a small closet...in a dead run (on a bad knee...scared everyone who saw me!), and was shrieking with joy and laughter at the sight of the letter in my mailbox.

In 7 years of volunteering here, I can honestly say that this is only the second letter or package I have ever received here. I went completely bezerk, which is not really saying much, but I knew how very special this was and is.

Thank you,

Secret Agent Nurse Nanna

I think she is the ULTIMATE Goofy Cacher!!!!! :D:D:D:D

I told her that the starting price should be $0.99. Hey if someone can sell an empty Mountain Dew can for that starting price a unique chip could too! It would go in the Everything else category under totally weird. she would have it professionally packed too :P:laughing::D

Goof Troop! I loved watching that show! :D

So goofy, yes.

I think not.

anne

The following is an excerpt of what Nurse Nanna posted in the GSA thread last night.

So for your viewing pleasure I now present to you a brief peek at life at camp this summer....

As any secret agent worth their weight will tell you.....I am having to take on a disguise to keep my "true" identity locked up tight.

First and foremost may I introduce to you the hidden and top secret Nurse Nanna the duck mascot.....

784aeab5-f668-41b9-a632-2d5ca991ea90.jpg

Here is the newest secret agent trying her hardest to remember how to spell YMCA....(I hate to admit this, but it's the honest truth....there had to be someone posted nearby to show me which letter came next...

I can't spell YMCA)

22e3cbf4-208f-4960-a669-851543c9c6bc.jpg

I received my treasured coin early this week and came out of my office, which is literally the size of a small closet...in a dead run (on a bad knee...scared everyone who saw me!), and was shrieking with joy and laughter at the sight of the letter in my mailbox.

In 7 years of volunteering here, I can honestly say that this is only the second letter or package I have ever received here. I went completely bezerk, which is not really saying much, but I knew how very special this was and is.

Thank you,

Secret Agent Nurse Nanna

I think she is the ULTIMATE Goofy Cacher!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Hey Bev, I think you are right, I think she is one heck of a goofy cacher. I hope goofy comes this way to Northern Wisconsin and makes me be goofy someday....Maybe for my birthday comming up, LOL :D:D:D

OOh how I am getting all goofy just thinking about it.

:D:):) We got home from the MWGB yesterday and just put all of the trade coins, packages and luggage on the floor. We waited to go through everything today. As we were going through the pathtags bag that we both received for playing poker, where my wife finished third and I fifth (yes sevens over sixes do beat fives over sixes :blink: ) my wife shows me this coin. She said isn't this the Goofy coin that Jackie got. I look and to my amazement there it was a Goofy Cacher coin. I don't know when or how it was put into one of our bags, I know that it was not there at the begining of the poker game.

Thank you so much Goofy Cacher

:D:(:( We got home from the MWGB yesterday and just put all of the trade coins, packages and luggage on the floor. We waited to go through everything today. As we were going through the pathtags bag that we both received for playing poker, where my wife finished third and I fifth (yes sevens over sixes do beat fives over sixes :D ) my wife shows me this coin. She said isn't this the Goofy coin that Jackie got. I look and to my amazement there it was a Goofy Cacher coin. I don't know when or how it was put into one of our bags, I know that it was not there at the begining of the poker game.

Thank you so much Goofy Cacher

Congrats guys! I saw Jackie's coin. Very cute indeed. :D

OMG.....we were blessed by the Mystery Goofy Cacher at the MWGB, we went back to our campsite after trading in the Merchants building and going thru our bag of trades with alot of awesome people we have met and we never recalled trading with the Mystery Goofy Himself that we know of, when we were going thru our coins, I yelled, OMG....where did this cool coin come from. The Mystery Goofy you sure are a goofball, you must of slipped that wonderful coin in our bag without us noticing. Thank You so much for making our trading even more of a memorable time. This monent will never ever be forgotten, and your coin will be in our collection for a lifetime. Thank You So Much.

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

P.S. Congrads to everyone else who has been blessed by the goofball too. My friend Jackie (tadpole even got one too)

OMG!!! I spoke too soon!!! :) As I unpacked the box I had my trader coins in, in order to check out my MWGB booty :P , I discovered a Goofy Cacher coin slid down the side behind some other coinage! What a Goofy place to put a coin!!! :P And I am such a Goofball that I didn't find it until just now! Thak you so very much, Goofy Cacher! I wish I had found it sooner but I did find it! Thanks for Goofing this scatterbrained Goofball! ;)

CF30

Pictures soon - gotta unpack the camera.....

I got Goofed!

At the Saturday night coin swap at the MWGB I was making the rounds and trading coins like crazy! I kept leaving other people to watch my coins so I didn't have to carry them around everywhere until I was ready to make a trade. So I went back to my coin box, and inside it I found GOOFY! :P

Thank you Goofy, and congrats to everyone else who has been goofed! ;)

Here is Goofy with my other mystery coins from the MWGB.

DSC_0403.jpg

I got Goofed!

At the Saturday night coin swap at the MWGB I was making the rounds and trading coins like crazy! I kept leaving other people to watch my coins so I didn't have to carry them around everywhere until I was ready to make a trade. So I went back to my coin box, and inside it I found GOOFY! :P

Thank you Goofy, and congrats to everyone else who has been goofed! ;)

Here is Goofy with my other mystery coins from the MWGB.

DSC_0403.jpg

WOW! You hit the mother load! I guess you had a great time at the MWGB!

I got Goofed at GCF! :) I don't know who did it and I don't know how, but somehow a Goofy coin made its way into my coin trading box. :) There were only a few times I took my eye off it so I'm quite stumped. :D I didn't even realize it was there until I got home. The girls and I were looking at each other's trades and then I started to take out my extra coins to put them away. My first reaction was "what is this coins I don't remember putting it in here (it was upside down) and then I let out a yell of joy. :)

Thanks so much Goofy Cacher!! What a perfect ending to a perfect weekend at GCF !! :laughing:

...Anthus

Saturday night, at the meet & greet, I had my box of coins with me, lugging around trading. I am quite sure it never left my side, but when I got back to my room that night and started sorting out all the trades, there was a Goofy coin inside! I have no idea how the mystery coiner managed this. Thank you so much - I was very surprised by your super stealth, and am quite happy to own this coin.

Goofy must go to the gym, at GCF he somehow managed to lift up a stack of coin binders piled at least 4 high to slip one of his coins under the bottom one while I wasn't looking! :ph34r:

Didn't even realize it was there until I was packing up the pile of binders near the end of the event getting ready for the poker tournament! Thanks, Goofy, you're the greatest!! :anibad::laughing:

My son (geokid1, 6 years old) had a blast trading his tags at GCF. At the end of the day on Sunday, we were looking through his collection binder when we found a goofy coin stuck in there. He was so surprised and excited :(:) (he really likes getting things that I don't have)! Thanks to the goofy cacher for giving him one. You made that kid really happy! :D To make it even better, he had a visit from the tooth fairy Saturday night since he lost his first tooth at GCF. What a big weekend for a kid!!

My son (geokid1, 6 years old) had a blast trading his tags at GCF. At the end of the day on Sunday, we were looking through his collection binder when we found a goofy coin stuck in there. He was so surprised and excited :(:) (he really likes getting things that I don't have)! Thanks to the goofy cacher for giving him one. You made that kid really happy! :D To make it even better, he had a visit from the tooth fairy Saturday night since he lost his first tooth at GCF. What a big weekend for a kid!!

how very awesome! i love the stories about kids receiving a mystery coin.

rsg

That is awesome! I remember that boy with the pathtag shirt. I signed it! Couldn't happen to a nicer kid. Congratuations!

Now he is one deserving recipient of that coin. What a sweetheart he is! We really enjoyed meeting geokid1.

Congrats! And on the first tooth as well. What a big weekend for him!

vasaturn, I've felt so very bad because your Geoswag Nov 2007 was one of the first geocoins I ever moved and it promptly dissapeared after we put it in Kamp Phyre. It only got 50 miles, but maybe it will come back to life one day. Congrats on having a Goofy in the family! Good to hear it.

Don't worry too much about it. Things like that happen and I've had them happen to me too! I am so excited to have a Goofy coin in the family. I felt so lucky that he let me hold it! :)

Greetings from Indiana! Holly from TeamPatchwork here (formerly known as MandolinGirl :lol:

I got Goofed at Midwest Geobash 2008 and didn't even realize exactly what I had until rsfish1 let me in on the secret! It is such a cool coin and I consider myself really luck to have it! How did I acquire it?

Our tent got drenched during the torrential rain so we had to get a hotel for the night. When I went downstairs and had breakfast, I opened up the refrigerator door and it was sitting on top of the milk! I looked around as if I was going to find someone watching (like Candid Camera) and I didn't see anyone there...so if Goofy Cacher was still around, I had no idea! But I was thrilled to find it and will treasure it always!

Cache on!

Holly J. Smith

TeamPatchwork

Just read this entire thread. Now have a big grin on my face from hearing all the great Goofed stories! Very inspiring and will keep me going in good spirits this weekend (memorial service for my 98-year-young grandmother who lived life to the fullest and appreciated a good Goof!).