How to map a Latitude/Longitude point?

I'm interested in plotting some of my own GPS coordinates on a map for my family to see the borders of some property we own. I don't need to keep them on the map; I just need to be able to find one at a time at least so that I can make a note of it. I took a walk around our property and marked a bunch of waypoints, but would like to see where they are relative to one another.

Am I missing something or is this basically impossible on the internet? I see plenty of places where they'll create coordinates for you from a point on a map, but not the reverse (at least not specific to 3 decimal points like we have in geocaching.) I know the software that Groundspeak uses works to do this because that's how our caches get published, but how does an average person like me get hold of this ability? Anyone know?

I would recommend Google Earth. By downloading the coords in GPX file from the free piece of software called Easy GPS, you can then import them into Google Earth. It will also take tracks and routes. While you are supposed to pay for the right to use a GPS with google earth (20 a year, i think); easy gps provides an easy way around that. Also, easy gps will show tracks and waypoints in relation to each other, but with no map.

I'm interested in plotting some of my own GPS coordinates on a map for my family to see the borders of some property we own. I don't need to keep them on the map; I just need to be able to find one at a time at least so that I can make a note of it. I took a walk around our property and marked a bunch of waypoints, but would like to see where they are relative to one another.

Am I missing something or is this basically impossible on the internet? I see plenty of places where they'll create coordinates for you from a point on a map, but not the reverse (at least not specific to 3 decimal points like we have in geocaching.) I know the software that Groundspeak uses works to do this because that's how our caches get published, but how does an average person like me get hold of this ability? Anyone know?

Go to this easy, free site to place multiple waypoints on sat. maps:

link