Why is it taking a long time for a cache to be published?

blb9556

We don't play the FTF game so we don't race out and go to these caches burning rubber all the way like some people do.

That explains the "rubbery" smell that appears about the time we see new caches popping up. Around here, one should almost wear a mask the smell is so bad sometimes. :lol:

Oh, and for the OP asking about 20 minute posting times, that is just crazy talk. :) The reviewers wouldn't even have time for a dinner break at that rate...

Edited by Skippermark
We don't play the FTF game so we don't race out and go to these caches burning rubber all the way like some people do.

That explains the "rubbery" smell that appears about the time we see new caches popping up. Around here, one should almost wear a mask the smell is so bad sometimes. :lol:

Oh, and for the OP asking about 20 minute posting times, that is just crazy talk. :) The reviewers wouldn't even have time for a dinner break at that rate...

Who said they should get a break? Throw some kibble at them and tell them to get back to work.

(Ummm, for those reviewers who also pack mod bricks, I was just kidding.)

Edited by sbell111

I love this thread. It seems balanced with drama, comedy, and puppies.

On topic: I don't expect my new caches to be listed in any cookie cutter time window. I am just grateful that they are listed. And I'm not just saying that because my reviewer is posting in this thread. :X

It's all in the name. Is it because Keystone is just taking a break or is their a bug? Now it's been 24 hours.

GC: GC1AC5H

Name: The former Shawan Falls

Link: Visit Link

ROFL!!! Mtn-Man knows quite well what it was like in our area before we got a local reviewer. He worked like a super-hero for us, but it still often took three or sometimes four days. He was covering a huge portion of the country and still trying to have some sort of life of his own. These guys are volunteers, yet they work like highly paid staff... use that day or two to fine-tune your cache page or hide your next one, or find a few more hides.

OK wait (if anyone will look at this) check out that link: Link

A three-year old general discussion of geocaching in a park system means very little in the context of your particular cache. See post #30. Your cache is in an Off Limits location due to its proximity to the school and the fact that the School District owns the property (although you say it's managed by the parks department, which is fine but not dispositive).

At this point you ought to do one of two things. Either obtain clear written permission for THIS specific cache location, from the School District, or write to Groundspeak and appeal the archival of your cache.

It would be good form to delete out the personal information from the link you provided, by the way. That seems to be a recurring issue with this discussion.

Kiddo, cut Keystone (and us) some slack, will 'ya? You really just need to follow the directions given by Groundspeak and your reviewer. You don't have to like it but if there are rules they are there to be followed. Sometimes life is just that easy. Trust me, you'll see.

I thought I killed this thread 2 1/2 months ago with my incoherent babbling. Oh, just get permission from

the school district. You can appeal, but I doubt it would be overturned.

I need permission from the city and they won't respond to my emails! (Dublin :D )

I suggest that you try coherent babbling. It's easy. Just add boldface and a larger font size.

Exhale, I didn't think Dublin cared about cache placement. What permssion info do you need????!!! :D

Edited by blb9556

A three-year old general discussion of geocaching in a park system means very little in the context of your particular cache. See post #30. Your cache is in an Off Limits location due to its proximity to the school and the fact that the School District owns the property (although you say it's managed by the parks department, which is fine but not dispositive).

At this point you ought to do one of two things. Either obtain clear written permission for THIS specific cache location, from the School District, or write to Groundspeak and appeal the archival of your cache.

It would be good form to delete out the personal information from the link you provided, by the way. That seems to be a recurring issue with this discussion.

I suggest that you try coherent babbling. It's easy. Just add boldface and a larger font size.

Exhale, I didn't think Dublin cared about cache placement. What permssion info do you need????!!! :)

Unless I missed something...I think Keystone answered your question before you asked it...even though Parks/Rec may maintain the location you have in mind...it sounds it is school property...permission must be obtained from the owners...not the caretakers...

Exhale, I didn't think Dublin cared about cache placement. What permssion info do you need????!!! :)

Unless I missed something...I think Keystone answered your question before you asked it...even though Parks/Rec may maintain the location you have in mind...it sounds it is school property...permission must be obtained from the owners...not the caretakers...

I personally sent dublin city schools an email and they said

Because the land is leased to the city any permission requests have to come from them.

Thats what I was told.

Because the land is leased to the city any permission requests have to come from them.

Thats what I was told.

Good grief, is this thread still alive???

Then forward whatever info you got from the school district to your reviewer and see what he says. If he still don't like it, find another location for the cache.

Can we move on now....?

:D

Thats what I was told.

Good grief, is this thread still alive???

Then forward whatever info you got from the school district to your reviewer and see what he says. If he still don't like it, find another location for the cache.

Can we move on now....?

:D

I will get that cache replaced!

Edited by blb9556

I've been publishing lots of caches in Dublin Parks where the owner states they have explicit permission. Obviously, the Parks Department is capable of responding. You should endeavor to learn how to make that happen for you, in specific reference to THIS cache on the property owned by the school district. I suggest contacting the hiders of some of the caches in Dublin parks where the cache page states that permission was obtained.

If this was a regular park or wooded area we would not be looking for such express permission evidence. But toss in the school district as owner, and you have the Off Limits guideline staring you in the face. I could simply sit on the Off Limits guideline and say "no" over and over again.

I'd like to register a complaint that Keystone is too fast to approve caches. I mean, 20 minutes for a cache listing? Honestly! Slow down! :)

Especially since it seemed to activate someone's sense of entitlement.

It takes me longer to proof read my caches then 20 minutes. The Last Time Lord Stirling published a cache of mine in (15 minutes) I had 14 typos and I only typed 10 words--as a place holder.

I'd like to register a complaint that Keystone is too fast to approve caches. I mean, 20 minutes for a cache listing? Honestly! Slow down! :)

Especially since it seemed to activate someone's sense of entitlement.

It takes me longer to proof read my caches then 20 minutes. The Last Time Lord Stirling published a cache of mine in (15 minutes) I had 14 typos and I only typed 10 words--as a place holder.

They don't proof-read your caches...

Though...if they did...you think they could get their pay increased!!!

:D:D:lol::blink::lol::D:):D:unsure:

Edited by ArcherDragoon

If this was a regular park or wooded area we would not be looking for such express permission evidence.

Keystone, this location is a wooded park in Dublin. The land is owned by the schools because nothing is sutible to be built on this land which is why they have it, as the last property is a school before the falls. The land was leased to Dublin in 2006 and a park with overlooks and a trail were built Visit for info on park The reasons I want to put a cache here is because this area is not very well known by others. Also a cache used to be down here but it was archived and the park was forgot about. Last, I have attended a few events and people tell me that in the week the cache was active they could not get to it but I have been told by others that

The land may be owned by the schools but is a publc park, so the cache should be allowed to be their.
To see I have proof that the land is wooded I have made this map for you: Please see map

I hope you understand.

Edited by blb9556

I would also like for you to see that stated in the gudelines is:

There may be some exceptions. If your cache fits within one of the above areas, please explain this in a note to the reviewer.
Is it possible to have opinions from other reviewers on this case?

You do realize that this cache would probably be active and having happy caching visitors if you removed one key ingredient from the equation.... Your poor 'tude...

When you treat your reviewer like (colorful metaphor) and complain about the amount of time they are taking, they are probably likely to spend extra-special time reviewing your cache, which appears to be what happened in this case.

It's not illegal to flip the bird to a law enforcement officer, but I can guarantee that you're going to be receiving a ticket for something and quite honestly would deserve it.

It seems to me an apology for your attitude would be a great first step in resolving this "impasse"....

There may be some exceptions. If your cache fits within one of the above areas, please explain this in a note to the reviewer.

Umm, yeah, I'm familiar with that sentence. I am pretty sure I wrote it. :D

The way to get an exception to the "Off Limits" guideline is to demonstrate clear written evidence of permission. Most of the "Off Limits" locations are places where permission is extra important: airports, dams, schools, court houses and so forth.

I revisited the review of your cache after receiving a complaint that was accompanied by a county GIS map demonstrating land ownership by the School District. That caused me to disable the cache. YOU, the owner, then archived your cache -- not me. I only asked you to demonstrate permission from the School District. If the School District referred you to the Parks Department, then show me clear written permission from the Parks Department.

Please bear in mind that the guidelines say "near" school property -- we turn down caches every week that are across the street from a school on someone else's property. This park is "near" school property, although at a fairly decent distance from the building. That is why I published the cache initially. I changed my mind when I learned of the land ownership by the School District.

Sure, it's possible. This is a public forum thread. If other reviewers wish to chime in, they're welcome to do so.

You can also appeal your own archival of your cache by writing to appeals @ geocaching.com.

Edited by Keystone

Why not...

Get permission!

Have a nice day.

Why not...

Get permission!

Have a nice day.

I'd like to see permission from both the parks department and the school district. But I'm particular that way.

Hi Puppymonster! :P

(waves paw at Hemlock!)

Maybe you should send them Milkbones to gain permission. It works for me!

Drop in. Say hi to them. Give them a pat on the head. (OK, that only works for me.)

Puppymonster is awsome! I doubt your way would work for me. <_<