Highland Geofairy Gold XLE Coin #1 of 25

Highland Geofairy

Thought some of you might be interested in an update, my friend Moira exceeded her target of raising £5000 for Macmillan Cancer Support, she leaves today for Nepal and last night I received an email from her, which I will endeavour to copy and paste below. Again and BIG thank you to everyone that very generously contributed by either purchasing or donating coins (or both) to be auctioned.

Message from Moira :-

Hi everyone

I am sending you all a wee note to say that I am off tomorrow to Nepal and to let you all know that I have met my target of £5,000, and more. To see where it stands now double click on:

www.justgiving.com/moiramcleod

I would like to thank everyone again who has donated to my JustGiving page, helped out at my fund raising events, sponsored me by way of cheque or cash, all the sponsorship received from friends and family (once again), Robbie's suppliers who diligently replied to my 'begging letter' with a nice cheque enclosed, and lastly, but not least, thankyou to all the geocachers - this was a new experience for both Maisie and me and I have been overwhelmed by their support. Incidentally, Maisie who disappeared for 4 days last May in the Monadhliath mountains whilst we were involved with placing a cache is more or less confined to much shorter walks now on account of having developed arthritis in her front paws. So apart from consuming a cocktail of capsules to ease her joints she is absolutely fine and will be spending the time I am away with a friend.

However, if you have not donated and have always intended to (Ben I know you are in Oz, but they do have the internet!!) there is still plenty of time as the page will stay open for a few months after I return.

I attach a photo taken this morning in the frost! Hope its a bit warmer in Nepal.

Namaste.

Moira xx

30870574-680a-49f7-b085-cc1c243d3360.jpg

As a further note - I just went myself to check out Moira's fundraising page and was astonished to see her current total (she is still fundraising). A tremendous effort on her part and I hope she has a terrific trip.

Moira's fund raising total.

Just a quick update for those of you that very kindly helped Moira towards raising funds for MacMillan Cancer Support.

Moira has just returned from her trek in Nepal and updated her just giving page, she has now raised in excess of £7,000 - in addition to which she paid all of her own expenses to go on the trek, so all monies raised has gone directly to MacMillan (less a small percentage that goes to the running of just giving - the UK equivalent of first giving in the USA).

Thank you to everyone who generously supported this project.

Just a quick update for those of you that very kindly helped Moira towards raising funds for MacMillan Cancer Support.

Moira has just returned from her trek in Nepal and updated her just giving page, she has now raised in excess of £7,000 - in addition to which she paid all of her own expenses to go on the trek, so all monies raised has gone directly to MacMillan (less a small percentage that goes to the running of just giving - the UK equivalent of first giving in the USA).

Thank you to everyone who generously supported this project.

That was an amazing amount to raise, she did brilliantly......and for a truly wonderful cause, the MacMillan Nurses do a fantastic job. :ph34r: