Downloading Ibycus Maps

gregfedyk

Have tried your suggestion - Keep getting the following

Run Time Error 53

File not found

What now

G.H.F

I've seen this error on one other occaision. In that case it was caused by an antivirus/firewall package (McAfee Enterprise Edition), blocking access to the internet cache index (index.dat).

I imagine its something similar here. I haven't (yet) worked out a way around this problem. Although if you have the access rights to disable the firewall/antivirus (temporarily), you can do that, and run it. Another option is to boot in "Safe mode with network support". A final option would be to download the old version http://www.ibycus.com/ibycustopo/TopoMaps122.exe.

Eventually I think I'll make an ISO file that people can burn to DVD and install from there, but in the meantime these are your only options.

Dale

Hi,

I have downloaded the file "MapUpdate.exe" (the most current map) and when I run it, it asks to check for updates; which I do. Though when it is done (and hour or two later) nothing happens, there are no new prompts to install the maps or anything along those lines. Any help will be much appreciated. I think it is great that someone has finally put all of this info together into one map, great job Ibycus!

-Eschatt

Hi,

I have downloaded the file "MapUpdate.exe" (the most current map) and when I run it, it asks to check for updates; which I do. Though when it is done (and hour or two later) nothing happens, there are no new prompts to install the maps or anything along those lines. Any help will be much appreciated. I think it is great that someone has finally put all of this info together into one map, great job Ibycus!

-Eschatt

Update is probably a misnomer. Its really an installer. Have you checked in Mapsource for the maps? (do you have a Mapsource install? If so, check in the drop down list in the top left hand corner. If not, e-mail me, or post back here and I can give you directions to download a copy of Mapsource off Garmin's site... its a little tricky, but doable and AFAIK legal).

Dale

d a t k i n a t i b y c u s d o t c o m

Thanks for the advice!

Though now I am running into issues with the older map that I installed earlier. I am getting an error message when ever I start up mapsource, that goes something along the lines "Problems communicating with NTDBData product... please reinstall" I have uninstalled the map, and reinstalled mapsource, but it hasn't seemed to help.

Any tips to help remedy the situation would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Edited by Eschatt

Thanks for the advice!

Though now I am running into issues with the older map that I installed earlier. I am getting an error message when ever I start up mapsource, that goes something along the lines "Problems communicating with NTDBData product... please reinstall" I have uninstalled the map, and reinstalled mapsource, but it hasn't seemed to help.

Any tips to help remedy the situation would be much appreciated! Thanks!

What version of Mapsource, and what version of the maps are you using? If you're using the latest (6.14) Mapsource, you need to either install a patch for version 1.5, or download 2.0beta (http://www.ibycus.com/ibycustopo/download1/MapUpdateBeta.exe) . (I don't recall the exact URL for the patch off the top of my head, but if you e-mail me, I'll send it to you).

Dale