Wonder if there was a cache at the top?

Half-Canadian

Thanks for sharing! I was kinda intrigued, until the parts where he walks over the bare support rods because the walkway has completely fallen away. And steps back onto cracked, crumbling concrete, with big holes. Would love to see the views, but even I couldn't do that (and I like heights). And apparently he's not clipped into the support ropes, unlike one of the guys he encounters. Yikes!! <_<

I think there is an Earthcache located there.

That is intense! Although I would probably play it safe and stay on solid ground...unless I had climbing gear and if there really was a cache at the top. That would be one epic log entry! Looks like a nice place just for a visit though.

It also looks like he almost tripped there in the beginning <_<

Edited by tsunami_KNUW

How much is air fair? I do have a fear of heights, but have overcome it thru climbing. That doesn't look any scarier than some other approaches (and climbs) I've done (there's the Cat Walk on The Tooth near Snoqualmie Pass where you cross 80-100 feet of sheer drop - about 400' high - on a ledge about 4" wide, generally without a rope for the leader). And obviously, terrain is only 4.5 - special equipment in NOT REQUIRED - desired, yes; required, no - as seen by the film maker. Too bad vacation caches aren't allowed...

How much is air fair? I do have a fear of heights, but have overcome it thru climbing. That doesn't look any scarier than some other approaches (and climbs) I've done (there's the Cat Walk on The Tooth near Snoqualmie Pass where you cross 80-100 feet of sheer drop - about 400' high - on a ledge about 4" wide, generally without a rope for the leader). And obviously, terrain is only 4.5 - special equipment in NOT REQUIRED - desired, yes; required, no - as seen by the film maker. Too bad vacation caches aren't allowed...

Ah, but that path has been off-limits since 2000(?), according to something I read....after somebody died. <_< They have security guards now, and apparently the fine is € 6.000 (per the earthcache page) for anybody caught trying to hike it.

Sorry, that's part of a climb (The Tooth: South Face 5.4), not a cache.

Well, I may have to do something about that.

I've thought about placing a cache at the ledge that "hosts" the start of the Cat Walk (top of the third of four pitches). I even found a very nice spot for it. But I haven't for one reason - it's within the Alpine Lakes Wilderness!

Edit to add: When you're in the area, and want to do the route, let me know if you want/need a partner.

Edited by The Jester