Funny Geocaching Slogans

I came across this thread last night after someone linked to it in a similar thread over in Getting Started. I enjoyed reading through the first 3 pages and glad to see some new activity. There's some great stuff here. The slogan in my signature popped in my head one day when I saw Field of Dreams on TV. At the time I added it as my signature, I didn't realize they only show for Prem. Members, so it's been sitting in limbo for quite awhile. There's one very similar back on page 2...great minds think alike, right? :anibad: There are a few that I really like and going to try to remember. I would love to see cachers leave these types of slogans behind in caches somehow, maybe if the logbook is big enough. They're a great read.

"Old geocachers never die, they just get archived."

Old geocachers don't die they are archived.

Since it is an older thread and there have already been a lot of great slogans, it'd probably be a good idea to read through past posts. Sorry, don't mean to sound like the posting police, just wouldn't want to see this thread become a repeat of the first 3 pages.

Those who wander are not necessarily lost....

There, I fixed it for ya. :grin:

Since you are so happy to correct others, I thought I would do the same for you.

"Not all those who wander are lost"

Quoted from wikipedia:

"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter" is a poem written by J. R. R. Tolkien for his fantasy novel The Lord of the Rings. It alludes to an integral part of the plot. The poem reads:

All that is gold does not glitter,

Not all those who wander are lost;

The old that is strong does not wither,

Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,

A light from the shadows shall spring;

Renewed shall be blade that was broken,

The crownless again shall be king.

Edited by _Sway_

Since you are so happy to correct others, I thought I would do the same for you.

Quoted from wikipedia:

"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter" is a poem written by J. R. R. Tolkien for his fantasy novel The Lord of the Rings. It alludes to an integral part of the plot. The poem reads:

Good work - keep that red pencil sharpened.

You nailed it from the literary angle, & I made a point about caching.

Reading the "glitter and gold" line, that's one that a lot of non-literary types get wrong. So again, keep that red pencil sharp!

Edited by wmpastor

Quoted from wikipedia:

Good work - keep that red pencil sharpened.

You nailed it from the literary angle, & I made a point about caching.

Reading the "glitter and gold" line, that's one that a lot of non-literary types get wrong. So again, keep that red pencil sharp!

Right, because those words can only be arranged in that one particular order to make sense. Just because a sentence is similar to a specific reference does not mean it has to exactly conform to it.

"Geocaching - I Love it!"

I'm sure you meant to say "I'm loving it!", as that is the proper exact wording of the McDonald's slogan that I'm sure you meant to quote verbatim
<_<

Sorry to see no one posting to this any more. The slogans are gr8 an we love them.

Here are my 2 to add:

A cache a day keeps the doctor away.

I also have my favorite t-shirt my wife doesn't like me to wear for some reason...

Bushwacking makes me thorny!

HILARIOUS!!