Removing locationless find count.

1) How much angst would surface?
The pitch forks would be brought out, the torches fired up, and the castle stormed. No doubt about it.

2) Would you care? (Why or Why not?)
Not in the least. At this very moment I don't know my true find count and it's not what this site says it is. So, why should I care? Edited by CoyoteRed

We all know that locationless caches have been archived and 'moved' to Waymarking. Let's say all the finds on locationless caches were removed from GC and 'moved' to Waymarking.

Is there some reason to think this is actually going to happen, or is this a 'what if'?

1. There's always angst, especially when people think they've got something to rally around. (valid or not)

2. Care? Well sure, but not enough to be a jerk about it. (I have a much better list for that)

Is there some reason to think this is actually going to happen, or is this a 'what if'?

1. There's always angst, especially when people think they've got something to rally around. (valid or not)

2. Care? Well sure, but not enough to be a jerk about it. (I have a much better list for that)

Purely a what-if brought to mind due to some of the recent virt/locationless threads.

We all know that locationless caches have been archived and 'moved' to Waymarking. Let's say all the finds on locationless caches were removed from GC and 'moved' to Waymarking.

I don't know about angst but the Geocaching.com Web Site forum would be flooded with posts about people's find counts shrinking.

I wouldn't care. Yes, I have found some locationless caches but to me is isn't about the numbers. My find count could be reduced to 0 and wouldn't care because I'd still have the memories. Although if my logs got erased I'd be little upset because the logs help me recall where I have been.

Probably a lot because some people are overly concerned with there number and a would not want there number to be reduced for any reason.

I shouldn't care because I never logged a locationless when they were caches so even if I cared about my number it wouldn't matter. However I would care because this would be an unnecessary programming change. Currently your find count is simply the sum of the 'Found It', 'Attended', and 'Photo Taken' logs you have entered in the system. The system doesn't count these differently by what kind of cache it is, what the T/D ratings are, or how long since the cache was last found (that would be terracaching :) ). It doesn't care if the cache has been archived or retracted. (I tried to log a find on a cache that was never published to see if it would count that, but it isn't an option). It doesn't remove duplicate finds on the same cache - you get a smiley for each log. Once you know what the count is it shouldn't bother you that some people have found it logs on locationless caches. There is no need to change what the find count means just because some cache type is no longer available.

I would care, partly because it would mess up my milestones.

At the time that I found a handful of locationless caches, they were considered caches.

Ditto. I found them, they are part of my caching history, and they remind me of the early days of caching.

Ok, and it's kinda cool to have an icon you can no longer get. :)

1) Probably a lot

2) Yes, I would care. I would care a lot. They affect my count, stats, and milestones. At the time they were logged they were considered geocaches whether they are now or not. But, most importantly, they were part of my geocaching experience and there is absolutely no reason to go back and erase it.

The 24 or so people that regularly post in here wouldn't care, but the rest of us say

NO MORE CHANGES

Yeah, I second that motion.

Then again, I'm not certain I would really notice for quite some time. Then, when I did notice, I'd probably be agitated for a couple of minutes about my milestones (I think I'd be agitated - I may not really notice that, either).

If I did get stressed, then I would de-stress with my favorite activity - climb a mountain and find a geocache.

Purely a what-if brought to mind due to some of the recent virt/locationless threads.

Eh, icons are eye candy. (Good thing I like candy).

Now if I could get the chance to do a ten mile hike up a mountain and log a Moun10Bike Coin, that would be an icon worth taking pride in finding.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I don't know about angst but the Geocaching.com Web Site forum would be flooded with posts about people's find counts shrinking.
Shrinkage always causes angst.

Shrinkage always causes angst.

:D:D<_<<_<:)

George%20Costanza%20-%20-shrinkage%20med%20horz%20rec.jpg

:D:wub:

Edited by Snoogans