Logging Peaks

Going caching / walking / white water rafting near Loch Lomond in a couple of weeks.

Firstly can anyone recommend any good caches?

Secondly, I'll be going up Ben Lomond and this reminded of the website where you can log the peaks you've climbed. Only problem is I don't remember what it was called. It was done by the Trigpointing / GeocacheUk guys if I remember rightly...........

Edited by Nick & Ali

Secondly, I'll be going up Ben Lomond and this reminded of the website where you can log the peaks you've climbed. Only problem is I don't remember what it was called. It was done by the Trigpointing / GeocacheUk guys if I remember rightly...........

This isn't the one you mention, but it's the one I'd use - I must get round to logging my summits too. Sorry if you're one of those that gets deeply offended by such things.

This isn't the one you mention, but it's the one I'd use - I must get round to logging my summits too. Sorry if you're one of those that gets deeply offended by such things.

There's also www.hill-bagging.co.uk/ - I don't actually use if for logging but it has good resources.

Going caching / walking / white water rafting near Loch Lomond in a couple of weeks.

Firstly can anyone recommend any good caches?

Just to the north of Lock Lomond is Ben More and half way up is Scotland's first (GC0F), the oldest cache in the UK with some stunning views. Mind you, it may depend on the weather as to how much fun you have!

Helen

Thanks. Will probably give it a go.

Great map, lakeuk! How was it done?

I've got a database that holds the details before, the data is then plotted on google map using a combination of php, javascript and mysql - it all runs on a standalone webserver thats held on a USB flashdrive which I can use anywhere with a PC and internet access (ie home / work) It's still a work in progress though:-

Geocaches

Trig Points

Wainwrights

Wainwright Outlying Fells

Marilyns

SubMarilyns

Deleted Marilyns

Marilyn Twin Peaks

Munros

Munro Tops

Deleted Munro Tops

Corbetts

Corbett Tops of Munro

Corbett Tops of Corbett

Deleted Corbetts

Grahams

SubGrahams

Donalds

Donald Tops

Deleted Donald Tops

Murdos

SubMurdos

Hewitts

SubHewitts

Nuttalls

Deleted Nuttalls

Buxton & Lewis

Dewey

Birketts

Edited by lakeuk

I've not offically started logging the trigs, not sure yet if I'll be doing it online

PM me your email address and I'll send a CSV of the Birketts, I need to update it as I didn't have gps references for 19 birketts but it looks like my source (link below) has now got the gps ref for all now bar 1.

http://www.stridingedge.net/Birkett%20Fell...by%20height.htm

I was thinking at some point making my google map application available online.