Curious questions

fishdirt

Ok 2 questions:

1) What's up with the socket leaves? Not saying anything bad about them but they tend to be common sizes and I've noticed they sit long enough to rust. Was there some event where this was considered tre Cache?

2)anyone ever do a Christmas cache or a secret santa cache where someone hides a cache and gets fellow cachers from nearby to do a secret santa gift exchange? Say red , blue and green. The cache owner gives red a gift, contacts red to find the cache. She finds it and leaves a gift for her secret santa blue. The cache owner contacts blue and he finds the cache and leaves a gift for green and so on. With a 20 dollar maximum and perhaps a gift list that can be sent. Red would know blue is who she gives a gift but he doesn't know where he's getting it from. Of course the cache owner maybe left out or all three may leave something in a section in the cache. Ever been done?

1) What's up with the socket leaves?

I'm not familiar with this. What is a socket leaf?

2)anyone ever do a Christmas cache or a secret santa cache

The closest I've seen to this concept is birthday caches where folks create a cache in honor of someone's birthday, leaving a specifically labelled present in the cache for them to take when they find it.

I have to ask too .. What's a socket Leaf?

And the Christmas cache the way you describe it would not be able to be published. Caches have to be open for all, and that wouldn't work for your idea. Might be fun for folks in a group using email to "publish" the coords.

Edited by BC & MsKitty

Christmas cache sounds like an intresting idea....makes a note

And I think for socket leaves he means people are leaving socket wrench heads or sockets in caches and by the time he finds them they are rusted. I have yet to find one that i recall but then again not really looking for sockets