first trade

RedShoesGirl

i contacted a forum member who had one AE coin left of the wonderful old cameras geocoin. she asked for my trading list. i had to laugh because i only have a few coins so really had no "lists" per se. but she wanted one of my coins and my reaction was "really?!" so today i shipped off my very first geocoin trade and talk about excited and addicted i think.

it's like being allowed to play in the big kids sandbox.

lara

i contacted a forum member who had one AE coin left of the wonderful old cameras geocoin. she asked for my trading list. i had to laugh because i only have a few coins so really had no "lists" per se. but she wanted one of my coins and my reaction was "really?!" so today i shipped off my very first geocoin trade and talk about excited and addicted i think.

lara

Next step is minting your own coin!! :P

lara

Next step is minting your own coin!! :P

oh trust me, the thought has crossed my mind!

do you folks remember your first trade? do you still have the coin? why did you want it?

lara

Count me in for #3 trade! :P

I believe my first trade was for a Tombstone Justice coin - which, had we not gotten it, it would NOW be our Hearts Desire coin! LOL

We've been lucky - we have our favorite traders - which we always seem to have an ongoing back and forth of coins with.

Mine gets me the most incredible stuff.... man. Stuff Id NEVER get otherwise. THOSE are the funnest trades - when you get coins you NEVER thought you'd own!

oh trust me, the thought has crossed my mind!

do you folks remember your first trade? do you still have the coin? why did you want it?

lara

My first trade was with Chris for a couple of his Fox and the Hounds coins. I had bought some of the 2007 Compass Rose coins and he wanted to trade.

His coin was one of the first ones that really caught my eye. I also liked his GC Name as it reminded me of going to the Fox Hunts when I was a kid in the Fraser Valley, British Columbia. Also, as an older kid, we liked to go to the Fox and Hounds Pub in the valley. :P

It's still one of my favorite coins.

Since December, I have a few trades under my belt as well. A good idea is to keep a spreadsheet with incoming/outgoing trades, just like you do for coins ordered and everything else...right? :P I'm a fanatic about record keeping. I also keep all the addresses of those I've traded with and sent missions for...just in case.

So, I can tell you that my very first trade was with Tsunrisebey (hey Steph!) on Dec. 20. I sent her a Grey Owl Beaver Lodge LE and she sent me a V1 Rainforest Jewel, Gold. Since then I'll have as many as 5 go out in a week but anymore than that and my brain starts smoking.

Welcome to the trading forums, check out my tradelist!

Since December, I have a few trades under my belt as well. A good idea is to keep a spreadsheet with incoming/outgoing trades, just like you do for coins ordered and everything else...right? :P I'm a fanatic about record keeping. I also keep all the addresses of those I've traded with and sent missions for...just in case.

So, I can tell you that my very first trade was with Tsunrisebey (hey Steph!) on Dec. 20. I sent her a Grey Owl Beaver Lodge LE and she sent me a V1 Rainforest Jewel, Gold. Since then I'll have as many as 5 go out in a week but anymore than that and my brain starts smoking.

Welcome to the trading forums, check out my tradelist!

thanks! i am going to put all this stuff down as you suggested. too hard to keep going back to paypal trying to figure out what was ordered when ... and yes, even ebay. a girl has to start somewhere.

i looked at your seeking list and found my next heart's desire coin — i only have one at a time. dancing fool! i think it goes well with my avatar.

lara

Glad your first trade went well. :P

thanks so much everyone that wrote.

and now another question?

for those of you that have lists on the two big coin collections sites, do you regularly check the seeking, trading lists to see if someone has a coin you want and vice versa?

if one could only afford to join one site, which one would be better. if you would prefer not to say online just drop me an email with your thoughts.

thanks again!

lara

I don't know if one is better than the other -- they both let you do searches without being a member, so you can at least check out other peoples' lists.

My first trade I set up was with Riesjart of the Netherlands, trading a Swedish Moose for a Dutch 2007 AG. The first trade I completed, however, was with Two Happy Hikers and involved a rokop Cache me if you Can for a Dutch 2005 AG. I like national or regional coins, and my wife's family is from the Netherlands, so that's why I'm collecting these.

If anyone has any Dutch silvers, I'm open to trades :P

My first trade was not so long ago... it was at GeocoinFest last year and it was with Atlanta Gal for 2 of her personals and a micro of hers too. I was still buying coins on Ebay so every one was still pretty expensive. And yes, I still have all three of those coins.

Congrats on your first trade!!

Edited by Droo

My first trade was not so long ago... it was at GeocoinFest last year and it was with Atlanta Gal for 2 of her personals and a micro of hers too. I was still buying coins on Ebay so every one was still pretty expensive. And yes, I still have all three of those coins.

Congrats on your first trade!!

thanks! i would prefer not to buy on ebay, but that's where the coins for sale are. the coins i have seen from atlanta gal are really pretty and interesting.

i am really excited at the possibility of seeing tons of great coins at gw6.

lara

Its all 2bugs fault. That's my trading addiction I'm blaming on him, LoriDarlin gets responsibility for the geocoin addiction.

Anyhoo I was passing through Eugene and wanted to trade a massive amount of travel bugs, so I met Seal Rock George and 2bugs to trade travel bugs way back in August 2005. And we started talking about geocoins and I had a spare Alaska coin I think. And 2bugs traded me for his personal coin. Actually he nabbed Seal Rock George's 2bugs coin because 2bugs didn't have a spare of his own with him and he really really wanted that Alaska coin.

It was great fun have my first trade be an in person trade because I got to see how excited everybody was about trading.

Very cool

Ofcourse I remember my first trade! It was done in person and I got a July 2007 coinclub and a sputnikcoin. This was done before I limited my collecting. Now I only collect animalshaped coins and food/beveragesshaped coins. I can trade for others but then I have another coiner in mind to trade with or to give it to.

My first trade in this community was for a red forest preserve. Thank you very much. I got that AND to other as gifts sort of. Never going to part with them. :P Then I got a mission and now I´m hooked. :P Totally addicted, totally having fun! ;)

Welcome in the coinnerds jungle.

grodan Karin.

I guess I posted about my first mail trade above. My first real trade was in person to Tethys C. He traded me a BN Coffee cup for a Saskatchewan coin.

My first taste and probably what hooked me on coins for good was the generosity of 3Doxies. Being the owner of two dachshunds, I thought one day to search for a dachshund coin and lo and behold, there was one. I emailed her and offered to buy it (I had no coins to trade at all) and she sent it for free. I thought then and there that if people were so welcoming to newbies, this was a great place to be!

Of course I still have the V1RFJ, Coffee cup, and 3doxies personal. They are cherished along with the friends I have made.

I completed my first trade (2 for 2) in May of last year with Cache Agent. I got her Cache Tech/Cache Agent Canadian Volunteer Geocache Reviewers geocoin and a CITO 2006. Even better than the two geocoins, I made a friend :(

Trading is a very enjoyable experience to me too.

I have a spreadsheet listing all my geocoins and I totaled up my number of trades since that time and I am standing at a total of 59 geocoins that passed through my hands on their way to others. I am sure others have a much higher number, but that might give you an idea of what you could be up to in the next year! ;):D:)

:( I remember our first 3 geocoins...they weren't trades.

-Cito 2006 (FTF prize in a geocache on a mountain. We were FTF after about 6 months of it being unclaimed as an FTF)

-TFTC non trackable (Secret Santa gift from Dressel Dragons)

-King Boreas 1000th hide, prize won from Podcacher

I am pretty sure my first arranged trade was with Dressel Dragons too for their personal coin. After getting the 3 coins above we decided to mint our own geocoin so I did a lot of trades all at once. What a way to break in a newbie. LOL But the first trade I arranged was with Lenore. ;)

I think since then I have done approximately 300-350 trades in 14 months. Yikes! That's a lot of postage. But I have made some great friends out there from trading!!

Yes, I remember my first trade very much :P . I got the coins of that yesterday: 2 Four Musketeer Coins from Avroair, one silver Assassin's Creed and one gold Cavalier (oh man I am so proud of it :D:D:D and what a nice colour combination ).

You wrote exactly what I felt:

:lol::D "it's like being allowed to play in the big kids sandbox" :):)

You wrote exactly what I felt:

:D:) "it's like being allowed to play in the big kids sandbox" :P:lol:

LOL!

and today was another first. when i woke up and checked my email this morning, look what fell into my backyard, a cache! with a FTF coin even. threw on my clothes, pushed a hat over my bed head hair and zipped around and up to find this cache. less than a mile - as the crow flies, but since i am not a crow i wasn't about to take the short route over the small mountain in my backyard. so now i have a FTF coin to add to my growing collection. how cool is that?

fdfa551c-c481-41d9-bbe7-ee3a93595076.jpg

Yep, I know what you mean!

My first trade was with LadyBee4T. It was a mission and she contacted me for a trade. She sent me her special personal coin for a scout geocoin. I was amazed and I had that same feeling of "playing with the big guys", too! Had she not contacted me, I'm not sure I would have ever have had the courage to even start trading! I've traded a few, but that's because someone has contacted me or I just say I have such and such coin, does anyone want to trade? Most of the time someone will, if it is a popular coin.