Minor Bug: Delete Event Script

K und D

When you add a script to an event, for example "When the player enters a zone", the event will become bold and show the number of scripts it contains. This looks something like this:

When the player enters a zone (1)

If you then go and delete all of the scripts from the event, it will still be bold and look like this:

When the player enters a zone (0)

If you then save the cartridge and exit the builder, the next time you load the cartridge it will look like this again:

and the event viewer will contain an empty script.

See also screenshot for visualisation.

post-110925-1208973053.jpg

Edited by Karin & Dominik

I wonder if the comment isn't deleted for the event and this causes the problem? What does it look like in the code for the event?

Just to clarify: I did delete the comment and all of the scripts from the event, leaving it perfectly blank and empty. The event then looked like this:

After saving the cartridge and reloading it into the builder, it looked exactly like on the screenshot I posted earlier, ie the event comment was back and it read:

Meaning that the event comment was automagically put into the event all by itself when it should have been empty.

This behaves the same for all of the zone, item, character and whatnot events, btw.

Anyone able to reproduce this?

I wonder if the comment isn't deleted for the event and this causes the problem? What does it look like in the code for the event?

Just to clarify: I did delete the comment and all of the scripts from the event, leaving it perfectly blank and empty. The event then looked like this:

After saving the cartridge and reloading it into the builder, it looked exactly like on the screenshot I posted earlier, ie the event comment was back and it read:

Meaning that the event comment was automagically put into the event all by itself when it should have been empty.

This behaves the same for all of the zone, item, character and whatnot events, btw.

I'll log this as a bug and get it fixed.

David.

I'll log this as a bug and get it fixed.

David.

Just to clarify, looks like the delete was done editing the cartridge directly. When you delete the script lines and not the event (function) in the lua directly, the builder will pick this back up and add the comment to it. Sort of like holding the event open. If you do this in the builder, delete script from the object list will delete the function and all of the script. So, to get around this, you would delete the whole function block so that the event wouldn't show up in the builder.

David