Me as well

Only replying on the one thread as requested.

I'm not going to repeat all of the above sincere expressions of appreciation and gratitude.

Please put me down on the list of satisfied customers.

What I am going to do is to thank both of you for the tolerance and guidance shown to me as I started in this hobby. Your deft and light touch (yes really), helped guide this newbie through the learning curve of cache placement.

Since that time, I have come to regard you as mentors, a role that you filled most admirably.

Thanks chaps, for everything............

Now go and enjoy yourselves.......... :(

Don't forget to get the event caches listed AT LEAST two weeks prior! ;)

Ahh yes, but nobody would come, they wouldn't know where it was being held, because we wouldn't be able to say the name of the pub it's being held in, for fear of being told it's advertising!

HA! That would be a mystery cache then :( Just give 'em the coords and they will be fine :)

They aren't telling us what to do on a UK forum. They are telling us what to do on a section of a US owned and administered site which has been set aside for UK cachers to discuss UK geocaching. If a US cacher came over to one of our regional hosted forum sites and told us what to do I would be alongside telling them where they stood, but that's not the case.

I agree 100% with what kennamatic says here.

It is because I agree that I have let Groundspeak know that I no longer wish to review caches or moderate the UK forum.

In recent weeks I have, more and more, been instructed to do things I did not actually feel would benefit caching in the UK.

I have been instructed, more and more, to do things that I could not actually see the point of.

I have been instructed I felt – rightly or wrongly – to implement policies in reviewing or managing caches – that it seemed were not being made public.

I tried to debate issues - but as much as GSP were not going to change philosophy, nor was I.

Until recently I have felt totally backed by the GSP management team, though I have also felt that, rather than being evolutionary, and at times being prepared to "push the envelope" things had become more fundamental.

I don't think this is the right way forward - I know that there are many UK cachers who feel it is, and it is this diversity of opinion that makes for lively debate - and goodness do we have that!

I have had a great five years or so reviewing for the UK community and made many friends - I would not have changed it for the world. I have made many good friends, both on line and in the flesh at events - but the time has come to call it a day.

I might even talk to my family again between the hours of 1600 and 1900 during the week and often VERY lengthy week end periods - especially if it has been a sunny Sunday!

Many thanks to you all - it’s good night from me – and it’s good night from him.

PS dodgydaved might now even find chance to visit a cache near you!

Hi E, sad to hear the news, but hey more free time.

Just a public thank you for all the instant reviews in the past and good luck in the future.

As a note. I submitted a series of traditional caches on a circular walk in my area and was informed by a guy in Georgia that I may consider listing as a multi.

It's nice to know that someone the other side of the pond is so interested in me and my caches. (It makes me feel special). I did reply and it seems that all is well because when I arrived back home they had been listed, so thanks to the new reviewer.

Regards Al.

Trouble is over there - if they do it by the manual, no one can sue them! :lol:

Doing it by the manual didn't stop some "person" trying to sue me in the UK!!! :)

Blimey, really sad to see Lacto' and Ecky' go, sad day for UK caching. :P

Just like to say a big thanks to Peter and Dave (and Deci') for there support dring my "spot of bother", if you know what I mean :D

Cheers

Nick

They aren't telling us what to do on a UK forum. They are telling us what to do on a section of a US owned and administered site which has been set aside for UK cachers to discuss UK geocaching. If a US cacher came over to one of our regional hosted forum sites and told us what to do I would be alongside telling them where they stood, but that's not the case.

I agree 100% with what kennamatic says here.

It is because I agree that I have let Groundspeak know that I no longer wish to review caches or moderate the UK forum.

In recent weeks I have, more and more, been instructed to do things I did not actually feel would benefit caching in the UK.

I have been instructed, more and more, to do things that I could not actually see the point of.

I have been instructed I felt – rightly or wrongly – to implement policies in reviewing or managing caches – that it seemed were not being made public.

I tried to debate issues - but as much as GSP were not going to change philosophy, nor was I.

Until recently I have felt totally backed by the GSP management team, though I have also felt that, rather than being evolutionary, and at times being prepared to "push the envelope" things had become more fundamental.

I don't think this is the right way forward - I know that there are many UK cachers who feel it is, and it is this diversity of opinion that makes for lively debate - and goodness do we have that!

I have had a great five years or so reviewing for the UK community and made many friends - I would not have changed it for the world. I have made many good friends, both on line and in the flesh at events - but the time has come to call it a day.

I might even talk to my family again between the hours of 1600 and 1900 during the week and often VERY lengthy week end periods - especially if it has been a sunny Sunday!

Many thanks to you all - it’s good night from me – and it’s good night from him.

PS dodgydaved might now even find chance to visit a cache near you!

Sorry to see you go Eckers

Geocaching is not what it was then.

Look forward to seeing you around as a cacher.

I once met a reviewer from Slovakia. He had driven 1000 non stop to Exeter, and when he left the pub, he turned right into the right hand lane of traffic (ie the wrong side), and nearly had a head on. I guess you feel the same

A

I'm only new here and have had no personal dealing's with either of the two of you but reading all the messages of support from everyone else I'm adding my best wishes for the future to the both of you.

It's sad that you feel that this is your only course of action but you have made your decision and it looks as if everyone will stand with you .

All the best - now go find some plastic ;)

I've been away for a week and a bit and without any real Internet access and can't believe what has blown up since I last checked the forums.

This is really sad news and I have been around long enough to remember when it all looked to have gone pear-shaped a few years ago, but this looks like it really is the goodbye to our two longest-standing Reviewers this time.

Really sad news... it isn't going to be the same now ;)

Just to add my thanks to you, Eckington and Lactodorm, for all your time and efforts over the years. All three UK reviewers have been a credit to the sport and it's a shame to see two of you so disenchanted that you've had to resign.

It seems to me that Groundspeak may have forgotten the difference between paid employees and unpaid volunteers, and have suffered the consequences. I suggest they attempt a rapprochement with the Lactodorm and Eckington, because if public resignations become the pattern in the coming years, few if any will volunteer to become reviewers and they will become demoralised and slipshod.

I don't know what gocaching is like elsewhere, but here in the UK we have something special. Please Groundspeak, don't spoil it.