A statement

From our earliest days in geocaching, we have been lucky to enjoy the help, patience, sound sense and good humour of Lacky and Ecky. You will be missed.

We doubt that we can fully appreciate the volume of work which you have got through, but have on occasions questioned whether you ever sleep. There certainly can't have been much time for your own enjoyment, so we hope you will now start to make up for this.

Thanks for all you have done for geocaching in the UK and especially for the help you have given to us. If you are in South Wales, let us know. The least we can do is buy you a drink.

Good luck for the future.

I say you get out there and find a few caches. That will show them!!

You may well think that but I was out on a FTF hunt at 06:00 this morning and after three quarters of an hour searching couldn't find it. Don't know whether it's sour grapes or what, but Groundspeak have obviously been out and removed it during the night! What other possible answer could there be? :P:P;)

P

Sorry to hear the news but respect your decision.

Thanks for all the hard work you've put into the forums and all the caches you've reviewed in my area - won't be the same not having any "Lactodorum published...." emails anymore :P

Good luck for the future and hope you get to enjoy stuff a bit more :P

Happy Caching.

Edit:- Just noticed The Hornets note about only posting on one thread so I'll add my thanks to Ecky here too ;)

Thanks Eckington for all of your time and efforts in the forum and in the reviewing process. You've helped me out a couple of times when I've got stuck or had problems so a big thankyou for that :P

Sorry to hear you're going but I understand and respect your decision so here's wishing you good luck and hope you get to enjoy the caching side of things a bit more :P

Happy Caching.

Edited by Nediam

Your shackles are off now. this gives you a chance to get back to enjoying what Geocaching is really about. This forum has be moderated excellently by yourself and eck. I say this from the point of view of other forums I beling to were the mods are the worst people on them.

Good luck with the hunt.

;) I wish you both, all the very best. Thank you fopr what you have done in the past and i hope you enjoy your freedom. :):(

As a side issue, i used to enjoy promoting and inviting people to participate in the sport or at least visit geocaching.com.....................i wont be any more because i think i may be breaking the rules and be promoting a profitable buisness.......................couldnt have that now could we!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps we archive all the caches in the UK and say stuff em!!

OMG what a shock to read that both of you are resigning,

Two nicer guys there never were, you have both been supportive and helpful to all members and especially to us both in a geocaching and on a personal level.

On behalf of Cavetroll and myself may I say Thank You both for all the help and support you have given us over the years, it was much appreciated, there was one thing that we did that couldn't have been achieved without both of your help and support, you both know what that was, luckily though what happened was then and not now as now we would have been unable to achieve the aim of helping replace stolen property of such a worthy Charity.

I am absolutely gob smacked, I must admit that I haven't been on the forums for quite a while and when Mark showed me this I just had to put my tuppeny worth in, it is such a sad day for the UK Geocachers and I am sure Groundspeak will feel the ripples of its implications as they should. I really can't believe it has come to this.

It is obvious from both your postings that you will never re-appear with your MODs hats on ever again, so all we can do is wish you both well and all our love and support goes with you.

Now get out there get your lives back, take a deep lung full of fresh air, lighten your hearts and enjoy the Great Outdoors.

Joan and Mark aka Cave Troll & Eeyore

Sincere thanks for all you have done over the years.

I take few months off to get on with other things. First thing I read when I get back is that it's gone horribly wrong.

However, we have been here before, and while it's true to say that individuals can only take so much and quite rightly feel it's time to move on, UK cachers will rally round and find a way forward.

We're late in joining the forum so don't know the background but gather that you have resigned from moderation and new listing approval. We have to say that we're sorry to hear that. Your help and support has been much appreciated and we'll miss seeing those magic words 'Lactodorum/Eckington has published... etc' for our new caches. We just hope your replacements are as helpful as we struggle our way through the increasingly complicated requirements for new listings!

Good luck chaps and happy caching.

phew now I can dust down all those caches Lacto and Eck have rejected and slide them past that whippersnapper Deci :D:):):D

Seriously guys - you've been GREAT

PS it was HORNET's log on Burial Mound GC992B which kept me hunting for tupperware just when I was ready to surrender.

note to self :D Mark Kewfriend caches down for Retraction due to being cheeky :D:D

[for those who don't know, when a cache is retracted, it's unpublished. So No one but the owner and Reviewers can see it. So you can't even post a log like you can with a Archived cache :D ]

Deci :lol:

ps:I am joking :P

I don't know. I fail to read the forums for a while and all hell breaks loose

Can I add my thanks for the unbelieveable level of service that our late moderators have given the UK geocaching scene

I have been a mod on a busy site and I know only too well how it can take over your life

Now, who is erik88l-r, who now seems to be publishing caches in Wales?

edit:typo

Edited by macroderma

erik is a long time reviewer. He's based in Georgia but covers many different areas of the world that don't have their own reviewer (In fact he did Ireland up until I did).

At the minute erik is helping Deci until replacement(s?) are found for the dynamic duo :lol:

erik is a long time reviewer. He's based in Georgia but covers many different areas of the world that don't have their own reviewer (In fact he did Ireland up until I did).

Erik is the longest-standing Groundspeak reviewer. He has reviewed caches in pretty much every country that has any caches. As countries grow, he hands them over to locally-recruited reviewers.

At the minute erik is helping Deci until replacement(s?) are found for the dynamic duo :P

Thanks - now is that Georgia USA or the other one? :lol:

Hello, and goodbye. After a great deal of thought I have decided to resign from my position as a Volunteer Reviewer for the UK and as Moderator of the UK forum. This decision is final and irreversible. No one thing has made me decide this, rather a gradual change in how things needed to be done. As a volunteer I did the "job" in the way that I thought benefitted the UK caching community and Groundspeak. This worked for several years. However Geocaching has grown in those years and it has become apparent to me that my way of doing things may not now be seen to be appropriate. I therefore felt it best for me that I stop now and make way for someone who will be more comfortable doing things the way they need to be done now.

Over the years I have been involved, I have found Groundspeak very supportive of me and I have enjoyed what I did. I thank everyone at Groundspeak for five very interesting and worthwhile years. We may not agree on everything but I hope we can continue to respect each other.

Finally I would like to thank all of you for the kind wishes that have been expressed both publicly and privately. Whatever your views now, I would urge you to consider what you are typing before hitting the "submit" button!! ;)

Although Lactodorum is now bowing out, be assured that The Hornet will now be taking his place by contributing to the forum discussions and maybe will have more time to hunt Tupperware in the woods. :)

Thank you and goodbye. Peter - Lactodorum