Eneloop Travel Pak $29.95 TODAY ONLY

apathos

I've been trying to read up on batteries--it seems many people have a preference for Eneloops from Sanyo. Amazon.com has a TODAY ONLY deal on this kit.

Is this a good enough deal to get? Or is the Maha/LaCrosse charger a better unit?

Buy it or skip it?

If you have a COSTCO membership, you can get a better kit (twice as many batteries) for almost the same price.

Is this a good enough deal to get? Or is the Maha/LaCrosse charger a better unit?

I got the Lacrosse charger yesterday. check this post for some good info and a link to a GREAT comparison review of the Lacrosse and Maha chargers.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=191705

for $10.00 more than that set (shipped) I got the La Crosse that comes with 4 AA, 4 AAA, battery cases, an international wall plug, travel case, the C+D battery shells. And the charger is 40X better than the wall wart kind. it can condition batteries has lcd redouts and can charge 4 at a time compare to to two for the eneloop charger. I ahve had three different el-cheap-o chargers and they all work like crap. spend the extra $10 to get a GOOD charger that will pay off by prolonging your batteries lives, and shorting your frustration levels.

I got it from this link. $35.97 plus shipping (which was $4.40 in my case)

http://www.thomasdistributingstore.com/ser...-battery/Detail

they also have a good price on the 2700maH Maha batteries, and take .50 off of shipping for each set you order.

Edited by CacheARRRS

"The Source" stores here in Canada (used to be called Radio Shack) has been having a fire sale on the entire Eneloop product line, I've been grabbing batteries & chargers for $15 that used to cost $50!

I asked the clerk why they're clearing out the product line,, were they having customer complaints about them?? He says no, he thinks Sanyo is coming up with an updated version of Eneloop & that's why they're clearing out all the current stock. Get them while they're HOT!

Edited by IVxIV

I've been trying to read up on batteries--it seems many people have a preference for Eneloops from Sanyo. Amazon.com has a TODAY ONLY deal on this kit.

Buy it or skip it?

If you have a COSTCO membership, you can get a better kit (twice as many batteries) for almost the same price.

Costco here in Oregon has a coupon for eneloops until Dec 7.

8AA 2AAA D and C shells and a charger for $20 after $9 coupon.

51a6Dxi2p8L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Edited by John E Cache