What is a Trailmix? (I don't mean the edible sort)

gravechaser

My question is, "What is a geocaching Trailmix?" I've used the search feature here and all I have been able to find are references to the Trailmix events that have been held but nothing that tells me what it is.

I've been caching for a little over a year. I have picked up a lot of the commonly used terminology like CITO but I recently saw a Trailmix event take place not far from us. I assumed it was a camp-out type of event where fellow cachers meet up to say hi, scatter out to cache in the area and then campout together to swap stories. However......

Last week we were channel surfing and saw something referred to as a Trailmix where the people were following a trail with GPS locations to pick up pieces of a large puzzle. The team members were scattered out and had to find the end of the trail and put their puzzle together to win something. We caught the tail end of this so I don't know if it was caching-related.

Am I confusing caching with an obscure-channel game?

I've never heard of them, but here are a couple of links to some Trailmix events:

Geocky/Heartland Breakfast and a Trailmix (Kentucky, 2006)

TrailMix 12 - Tailgating (Indiana, just a couple of weeks ago. The owner has hosted quite a few other trailmix events in the past -- maybe those pages explain just what a trailmix is.)

Edited by the hermit crabs

The Kentucky one includes this definition:

"Just what is a Trailmix? If you have not had a chance to take a trailmix up in Indiana with the INDGO group, it is a cache hike where hikers of deferent skills gather together and take a hike; the more experienced hikers lead the pack and will wait up for the novice hikers. We will take many breaks along the way, so there will be plenty of times to catch your breath. This kind of hike is enjoyable to young and old alike."

My question is, "What is a geocaching Trailmix?" I've used the search feature here and all I have been able to find are references to the Trailmix events that have been held but nothing that tells me what it is.

I've been caching for a little over a year. I have picked up a lot of the commonly used terminology like CITO but I recently saw a Trailmix event take place not far from us. I assumed it was a camp-out type of event where fellow cachers meet up to say hi, scatter out to cache in the area and then campout together to swap stories. However......

Last week we were channel surfing and saw something referred to as a Trailmix where the people were following a trail with GPS locations to pick up pieces of a large puzzle. The team members were scattered out and had to find the end of the trail and put their puzzle together to win something. We caught the tail end of this so I don't know if it was caching-related.

:drama: hey psssssss. over here i have a secret littel site that has all the lingo thats used it has helped me out alot. * if you don't have it already *... lingo

:drama: hey psssssss. over here i have a secret littel site that has all the lingo thats used it has helped me out alot. * if you don't have it already *... lingo

:D Pssst, hey over here, I visited your little site and it says nothing about "Trailmix", it didn't help me at all... :D

I think your talking about the same Trail Mix Crunch commercial on discovery channel I saw the other night. As I was skipping the commercials I noticed something that said geocaching. After playing back I realized it was an AD and they mentioned a web site for a sweepstakes.

You can watch all the videos at http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/alaska/video-p...-challenge.html but Episode 3 mentions geo-caching.