Have a great St George’s Day

[MF]taz

As it's such a nice day I think I'll stay at work until 10:30, then get the train to Bristol for a renewables seminar, then get the train back at 7 to arrive home at 8:30, when I may, if I'm lucky, down a bottle of St Georges Ale before falling asleep on the sofa whilst watching telly.....

I'm going for a 12 mile walk after walk (a shorter walk that I've been doing recently. I'll be walking along the canal/river Exe to Dawlish, going past 11 caches that I've not found yet. I hope to make time to grab a few of them this time (I may need to run a bit to catch up with the rest of my colleagues!).

Wasnt 'St George' a Turk who never visited our shores ?

What's that got to do with the price of fish? Christianity is the official religion of the country too, but I have it on reliable authority that Jesus was not an Englishman either! ;)

Nice to see the bluebells flowering today, as they are traditionally meant to do. Previous years they have been done by April 23rd. I shall celebrate by grovelling around in some good old English mud looking for a cache this lunchtime.

Wasnt 'St George' a Turk who never visited our shores ?

He's been around a bit has St G. I think the Greeks were/are fans too, and the Georgians. He was foisted on us English by William I, while he wasn't burning towns to the ground and massacring the population. Good old W the B.

On a more positive (and on topic) note there's a very nice cache called St George at St Leonard’s (GC12C1A) Today is its first birthday.

The game's afoot: Follow your spirit; and upon this charge Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

"In comes I, Saint George - that man of courage bold

and if his blood runs hot, I'll soon fetch it cold!"

Anyone know what I'm talking about? ;)

Edited by T.R.a.M.P.

I will be ignoring St George's day as he has nothing to do with England. In stead I will celebrate St Alban's day later in the year! Oh on the point of "having nothing to do with" What does this have to do with caching?

Why should it have anything to do with caching?... it is to do with cachers :drama:

I will be ignoring St George's day as he has nothing to do with England. In stead I will celebrate St Alban's day later in the year! Oh on the point of "having nothing to do with" What does this have to do with caching?

As Saint Alban was a Roman soldier, what's he got to do with England then? eh?