Action <Show a series of (Dialog) ? messages to the Player>

TW-Team

End of February I started developing a cartridge for a guided tour trough an old town. I have now three different versions nearly finished, but I’m still not happy with it.

I’m not happy because I did change from the action <Show a series of dialogs..> to the action <Show a messages to the player> and I did add some actions to the exit routine (script after the button is pressed). Today this is the only way I’m aware of to control the sequence of actions I’m calling. In my case, as soon as a player enters a zone, I show them a couple of messages before I activate the next zone, request an input, change screens or whatever. It’s working but its awful from a SW maintenance point of view. I mean its awful how many clicks and finally <ok (save my changes)> I need to press in case I need to change an action in the script which is executed after the last message. The real pain starts in case I decide to add or remove one of the message screens within a message sequence.

With the action <Show a series of dialogs..> we would have more flexibility (to add or remove dialogs). But I miss a similar exit functionality (add a script which would be called after the last dialog (button pressed)) as we have it with the action <Show a messages to the player>.

Some thing else: It would be nice if we could change the label of the button as we are able to do it with the action <show a message ..).

Would it be possible to enhance the action <Show a series of dialogs..> with a exit routine and with the possibility to change the button label?

Regarts

TW-Team