Library Themed Caches

Hello!

I am thinking of placing a cache at the public library where I work and am wondering what other library-themed caches are out there?

If anyone owns, knows of, or has found such a cache, I would appreciate it if you would post the link or GC#.

Thanks!

I loved Welcome to my world in The Scranton, Pa. area. But now that I look at it, it's pretty darn difficult, and doesn't get found very much. :ph34r:

One part of it, that I think was pretty cool (but you can't tell from the cache description), is that it you get a worksheet that involves a bunch of research from the reference section, mostly on history of the local area.

EDIT: I don't really think I was posting a spoiler in mentioning the worksheet involving research from the reference section. Just an idea for the OP. It was really just a component of the cache in question, which involves other twists as well.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

Hello!

I am thinking of placing a cache at the public library where I work and am wondering what other library-themed caches are out there?

If anyone owns, knows of, or has found such a cache, I would appreciate it if you would post the link or GC#.

Thanks!

Check these out. They are in Ramsey County Library system (hence the RCL), each having a piece of info for a final cache, not at a library.

RCL Series - AH by tesser (GC19V1F)

RCL Series - MP by tesser (GC19V1Q)

RCL Series - MV by tesser (GC19V0P)

RCL Series - RV by tesser (GC19V1W)

RCL Series - Final by tesser (GC19V24)

I've found a couple in-the-library-on-a-shelf caches. One was a VHS tape box with catalog number and all in the reference section. The other was a real book, pages hollowed out to hold a log and some minor swag. It too carried the appropriate numbers for a work, in this case of fiction. Was it in the card catalog? Heck, I don't know but it was a really cool find, hidden clearly in plain sight. I think both are archived now.

I have also found several in the parking lot or otherwise on the grounds of different libraries.

hairball

I have found two library caches. One is in Dryden, NY and the most interesting thing about the cache is the building it is located in (see listing). The other is in Manteo, NC and I found it last week (GCY2JJ)

Since I work in a library (as a programmer/analyst) I have been thinking of placing one where I work and already have approval from the library director. The interesting thing about the one I would place is that one would not have to own a GPS to find it, even if I (as planned) make it a multi-cache with several preliminary waypoints around the perimeter of the building. That's because our library has two GPS units that are available for checkout.

We have a Library themed cache and the real Librarians actually love the guy. They actually make sure he is standing doing his duty at the front of the library. A few times we had to remove him for maintenance and some of the librarians that didn't know about it actually called us at home worried he may have been stolen concerned for his safety. He was actually stolen once but that has been rectified. The Librarian (GC1254G)

GCT8HP Fancy Grass You solved the puzzle at the coordinates outside the library then went in to find it. The head reference librarian suggested the container (a VHS box on the shelf in plain sight)- she thought a magnetic container under a shelf would be lame. Little kids just loved it. It had to be archived because the sign I used was removed. The library manager asked if I could replace it with another puzzle.

GC148WC Westward Ho! I used a different puzzle to get the same answer and same container, but the inside of the library was rearranged, so it was a slightly different search to find the new one.

The library may get a new building in a few years, so I'm already planning on a replacement. One of the librarians is on the lookout for a larger container.

Someone (Heather) sent me an email asking about library caches. I responded twice to her provided hotmail address rather than through geocaching and she never acknowledged. If you're still out there - was my email blocked? I don't know what you go by on geocaching, so I can't go that route. Thanks.