Any German Translaters out there?

I Have a Geocoin which has been placed in This TB Motel, this cache contains 25 trackables and people seem to go there discover the trackables and leave them there, I would like my coin to move on and have placed a note on the cache page asking for the next cacher to move it on but it is still being discovered and left there ;) . I have used an online translation tool to put the message in German but when a friend tried to translate it back it didn't make any sense. Is there anyone out there that can translate my mesage into German so that it makes sence please, I would also like to send the cache owner an email but again the language barrier is in the way.

Or is anyone going there for there holidays that can rescue it for me :ph34r:

Cheers

Fi

Also as an extra am I allowed to do THIS

As this coin seems to be stuck in a TB motel only to be discovered instead of moving I have made the decision that you can only log this coin if you actually move it,

Until it is back on the move again any discovered logs will be deleted

Am I allowed to delete discoved logs? (I will put the above text on the coins page first)

Hiya Fi...

I had a coin stuck in there for months too... I posted a note on the cache page and contacted the owner to ask that the next person move it along, and if it didn't move, could the cache owner move it.

I wrote it in English, and it was moved pretty quickly after that. Most germans DO speak a bit of English.

Oops, sorry - looks like you've done that!

I know Marikakakakakaka speaks German - (Alice Band) drop her a line!

Edited by HazelS

Am I allowed to delete discoved logs?

You are, but don't expect to make any friends by taking such action. :ph34r: If someone doesn't want to move it on, where's the harm in logging that it's still in the cache? Why shouldn't they get the icon for finding it?

Am I allowed to delete discoved logs?

You are, but don't expect to make any friends by taking such action. :ph34r: If someone doesn't want to move it on, where's the harm in logging that it's still in the cache? Why shouldn't they get the icon for finding it?

I just think it's unfair that such a cache is allowed to contain so many trackables that seem to be stuck there, if I have asked via the cache page for it to be moved and people are stilll just discovering it without helping it on it's mission, as soon as it's moving again and out of that prizon then I am happy for people to discover it again

I just think it's unfair that such a cache is allowed to contain so many trackables that seem to be stuck there, if I have asked via the cache page for it to be moved and people are stilll just discovering it without helping it on it's mission, as soon as it's moving again and out of that prizon then I am happy for people to discover it again

Agreed, I hate travel bug prisons too.

I just think it's unfair that such a cache is allowed to contain so many trackables that seem to be stuck there,

I understand your frustration, but it's not the fault of the visitors. It's only a game, and they're within their rights to ignore requests to move particular travellers. Although a couple of months seems a long time, many bugs and coins have been stuck for much longer in various places around the world. I'd advise patience rather than action. It doesn't look like a TB prison: there are no rules about having to replace bugs and coins with others.

I would expect someone to pick it up fairly soon - there are plenty of geocachers around there (I've just been to the area myself!).

The idea with these travellers is really to see what random people and places turn up along the way and what adventures and misadventures occur without your intervention. Trying to control its destiny: well, it kind of undermines the purpose of sending it out.

How about activating a few more bugs and coins if you like to see plenty of movement (I notice you have quite a few already)? I have loads and get inundated by logs! :ph34r:

I can understand your frustration - but at least you know your coin is there and it does have a chance of moving on with every cacher that visits.

Our one and only bug has been stuck in an unpublished cache in the US for ages. I have been in touch with the owner a couple of times and he seems nice enough - I am assured the bug is safe - he just is in no hurry :ph34r: .

Also as an extra am I allowed to do THIS

As this coin seems to be stuck in a TB motel only to be discovered instead of moving I have made the decision that you can only log this coin if you actually move it,

Am I allowed to delete discoved logs? (I will put the above text on the coins page first)

Feel free to email me your wording via my profile - I can translate for you and email you back so you can post.

And Trevor - I had the same thing happen to one of my bugs in the States - and the cacher in question wasn't very nice (in fact they'd been banned :( ) - guess you were lucky.

I Have a Geocoin which has been placed in This TB Motel, this cache contains 25 trackables and people seem to go there discover the trackables and leave them there, I would like my coin to move on and have placed a note on the cache page asking for the next cacher to move it on but it is still being discovered and left there :D . I have used an online translation tool to put the message in German but when a friend tried to translate it back it didn't make any sense. Is there anyone out there that can translate my mesage into German so that it makes sence please, I would also like to send the cache owner an email but again the language barrier is in the way.

Or is anyone going there for there holidays that can rescue it for me :huh:

Cheers

Fi

Try an email to bernie1967 - a german geocacher who speaks good english: you can suggest i told you, as he's a good friend of mine. A fanatical cacher, he lives near Koln.

Good luck!