Paper GeoCoins

TeamSeekAndWeShallFind

I don't think so. We'll take you on in a 5 star dif hunt for a nano any day of the week !

Oh my. Did this thread really just turn into a playground challenge?

People have been staying on topic the whole time. You're just mad because people aren't agreeing with you. Get over it.

Gimme a break Phillies ! Again,talk about your opinion on the topic and NOT ME and my state of mind ok ? Geez,it's not that hard

Playground challenge ? How about this for a big boy challenge....Our Cubbies will take on your Phillies any day of the week too ! How bout that ??

Wow.

I responded back with post No. 28 in this thread already.

And I'll say this -- take a deep breath. People are not bashing you because they don't agree with you. You're saying the same thing over and over and over. "Stop bashing me! Stay on topic!" They are, then you hammer them because they don't agree with you.

And you sat there and challenged someone you don't know to a 5-star nano hunt. That's not a playground challenge.

As for the Cubs/Phils (which for someone telling people to stay on topic... that is WAY off topic), they met earlier this year. The Phils took 2 of 3.

You still want my opinion? It's changed.

I LOVE paper coins. I'll move them all the time. In fact, I might release 10-20 of them myself.

TeamSeekAndWeShallFind,

Please try to understand that there are various personalities that frequent our forum here (YES, OUR). Among those, the rest of us have come to the realization that Some have there own unique way of posting - a couple of them have posted here already. We learn as with like my "sayings" go that are under my postings (sorry, but I don't know the correct term for these) -"It takes All kinds to make up the world"

O.K. on topic . . . I've come across different kinds of "proxy" coins. Some are better made than others. The best would be one that the owner put pictures of the coin on either side of a poker chip, next would be a 10 mil laminated one, then "shrinky dinks", then 5mil laminate, and so forth. Hey, I've even come across some that appear to be pictures between contact paper. I have lost coins yet I will still put out the "original" because that is how I am. BUT I won't hesitate to move "proxies" along to others so they can enjoy the icon :ph34r:

:ph34r:

Some people just like hearing themselves rant over and over and over. Obviously people will do what they feel is best. But IMHO, the OP is just looking to pick a fight. And the best way to handle people who blow off steam without listening to anyone else is to ignore them.

It's pretty hard to argue with yourself - although I'm sure some people will try. ;)

Absolutely. It's been pick-and-choose which to reply to and which to not for sure. And it's all the same. It's unfortunate, too. Because for the most part this has been an on-topic pretty good discussion to read.

Ok, many people have come in and nicely tried to help you out by trying to get you to see the big picture.

Eartha (one of the other moderators) even came in and tried to help you understand that this is a discussion, not a place for you to simply post your rant.

Now, I am telling you clearly to take it easy. You seem to want to attack everybody that posting in this thread that doesn't post "I agree 100%".

It's obvious by the posts and multiple exclamation points that you are upset. This is a public forum where people are going to post opinions and thoughts. Some will agree with you and some will not. Continaully posting your same thought over and over again is not getting anywhere and continually quoting others and telling them how to post isn't helping either.

Let me be clear: Personal attacks are not allowed. No one has attacked you or they would have been reprimanded by a moderator for it. Ideas have been exchanged and comments and opinions have been expressed. If you can't accept that maybe it's time to leave this thread?

Nobody is saying you don't have the right to your opinion. Don't tell them that they don't have a right to theirs either.

I suggest that you stay on the topic at hand instead of continually responding to everybody's posts with "you're not listening", otherwise you run the risk of this thread being closed.

I'm not attacking anybody. I'm passionate and it comes through in my replies. I reply to everyone because they've taken the time to respond to my topic.What's wrong with that ? If anybody is being attacked it's me but guess what ? I don't give a hoot,are you serious ? If I can't take a little bashing in a public forum then I have no business being here or on the planet. The last time I opened a topic on one of our state sites the EXACT same thing happened.Everyone gave their opinion on my and my opinions but not the subject ! It was unbelievable. If you want to be honest,start reading from the start and take a good look at the escalation and how it's become all about bashing TeamSeek and not about individual opinions. Know what ? I would have rather had folks type one work responses..."Like" or "Hate" so then I could've taken a tally and gone away a happy camper. Instead I'm going away not having any idea on how many folks like paper coins and how many don't. Look at it from that perspective. I got ZERO answers here about paper coins.All I got was ganged up on and tha't a joke. Thank you

Ok, many people have come in and nicely tried to help you out by trying to get you to see the big picture.

Eartha (one of the other moderators) even came in and tried to help you understand that this is a discussion, not a place for you to simply post your rant.

Now, I am telling you clearly to take it easy. You seem to want to attack everybody that posting in this thread that doesn't post "I agree 100%".

It's obvious by the posts and multiple exclamation points that you are upset. This is a public forum where people are going to post opinions and thoughts. Some will agree with you and some will not. Continaully posting your same thought over and over again is not getting anywhere and continually quoting others and telling them how to post isn't helping either.

Let me be clear: Personal attacks are not allowed. No one has attacked you or they would have been reprimanded by a moderator for it. Ideas have been exchanged and comments and opinions have been expressed. If you can't accept that maybe it's time to leave this thread?

Nobody is saying you don't have the right to your opinion. Don't tell them that they don't have a right to theirs either.

I suggest that you stay on the topic at hand instead of continually responding to everybody's posts with "you're not listening", otherwise you run the risk of this thread being closed.

I'm not attacking anybody. I'm passionate and it comes through in my replies. I reply to everyone because they've taken the time to respond to my topic.What's wrong with that ? If anybody is being attacked it's me but guess what ? I don't give a hoot,are you serious ? If I can't take a little bashing in a public forum then I have no business being here or on the planet. The last time I opened a topic on one of our state sites the EXACT same thing happened.Everyone gave their opinion on my and my opinions but not the subject ! It was unbelievable. If you want to be honest,start reading from the start and take a good look at the escalation and how it's become all about bashing TeamSeek and not about individual opinions. Know what ? I would have rather had folks type one work responses..."Like" or "Hate" so then I could've taken a tally and gone away a happy camper. Instead I'm going away not having any idea on how many folks like paper coins and how many don't. Look at it from that perspective. I got ZERO answers here about paper coins.All I got was ganged up on and tha't a joke. Thank you

Are you serious?

Go back and read the thread. A lot of people answered their thoughts. You just seem to refuse to read the ones where they say they move them or don't mind them.

I don't get this one bit. You claim people are bashing you, but people have pointed out time and time again that you are saying the same thing and bashing other peoples opinions. I don't get where this is all coming from, but if you actually read the thread and see that people HAVE responded to your question, you'll see different.

And everyone isn't ganging up on you. They are voicing opinions.

Where do I start with this response which is yet another bash session on me and has NOTHING to do with the topic that I opened !! Is this for real ? Honestly,you sound a heck of a lot angrier than I do.Also,I'm not a "Grasshopper." We found 300 as of Sunday and guess what,we find caches in our area that the old timers still haven't found. I'm talking about cachers who've been around from day one and have 3-4-5-7 THOUSAND finds under their belts !! Our very first find was a micro hidden by one of the most hated cache hiders in our area.We didn't even know how to use a gps !! We found it in under 30 minutes.That was last July and the veterans around here are still dnf'ing on it so I am no Grasshopper ! 2 weeks ago we found the 5 star dif nano that's all the talk on our state site !! The only other sigs on the log were from a group that got together after one guy spent 4.5hrs at ground zero with no luck.He went on the state site,asked for a posse AND THEN called the cache owner for clues AND THEN to top it all off, the cache owner went out to GZ with them. Yeah,they found it then and then they ALL logged a FTF ! Gimme a break. We went out,2 of us,a team,that's how we started the game,one gps cuz he left his at home,and we found the thing in 25 minutes flat. Now,I pose this question to you...Who really deserves the FTF? Grasshopper? I don't think so. We'll take you on in a 5 star dif hunt for a nano any day of the week !

Also,if you're so worn out from caching that you don't go to the dollar store anymore to buy a handful of swag then you've lost part of the spirit of the game and maybe it's time for you "Tortoise",to retire your gps ! thanks

And this RANT has something to do with the topic?

I haven't yet sent a lot of TB's out in the world and haven't sent any coins - but I will eventually. However, I could never think of criticising anyone for doing a paper copy unless I had the experience of sending many out myself and losing them. Contrary to the OP's earlier comments - these things are expensive and do add up. We have no right to expect other people to leave coins in caches for us - it's a privilege and not a right. Let's face it...these things get stolen or lost and if that didn't happen people would be happy to release coins.

Regardless, I enjoy the hunt and what we find is just bonus.

For some reason though I don't really think you're interested in what I might have to say...

So let me see if I get to the bottom of what the OP really wants to know:

Do you like paper copies of coins? Why or why not?

(This would have been the preferred way to start this thread instead of talking about people not trusting you, insulting your integrity, etc. It's a simple question and allows for simple responses. Once you post your thoughts and opinions you open them up for responses).

Some people just like hearing themselves rant over and over and over. Obviously people will do what they feel is best. But IMHO, the OP is just looking to pick a fight. And the best way to handle people who blow off steam without listening to anyone else is to ignore them.

It's pretty hard to argue with yourself - although I'm sure some people will try. :)

Absolutely. It's been pick-and-choose which to reply to and which to not for sure. And it's all the same. It's unfortunate, too. Because for the most part this has been an on-topic pretty good discussion to read.

Here we go.I have not picked and chosen who to respond to.Honestly,this forum thing is still new to me and I'm having a heck of a time keeping everything straight.I didn't even know how to put the responders quote in with my reply ! If someone replies to my topic I feel good about that and I think they deserve a respons from me. Anyway,you're just mad because I brought up the Cubs-Phillies thing. It's time for me to start a new topic on something that REALLY CHAPS MY HIDE !! Are you all ready ?

PS: I'm not here to make enemies.As far as I'm concerned you're all my fellow cachers and after these heated discussions are said and done I would still sit down and break bread with each of you and that's the truth. There's no hate or animosity here,only a person who wants to get some things off her chest and thought she would get some grown up,adult opinions from the geocaching world at large.

Fine,I'm letting the topic go cuz I'm getting bombarded with replies. Thank you to all of you who replied and my sincerest thanks to UncleJimbo because yes,I'm gonna say it,he's the only one that sees it like I do ! The rest just wanted to rip me a new one !

Thanks all,it's been a slice ;)

TeamSeekAndWeShallFind

Nano Masters

I got ZERO answers here about paper coins.All I got was ganged up on and tha't a joke. Thank you

Just because I figured I'd make it easier for you, here are responses. I've clipped the full responses to show their OPINIONS which is what you were seeking. To read the whole response, go back in the thread:

There's been many a discussion on this before, course I don't feel like finding them, so.... Short answer is I don't like them at all. If you insist on putting one out, please clearly label it in the coin title and throughout the page so I know I'm going out for a fake! (Not u of course, but anyone who is reading this and decides to do it)

---

The practice is fine. The coin owner can send out a proxy at their own discretion. It's a courtesy if they note on the tracking page that the coin doing the traveling is a proxy. I recommend that they do.

---

Look - I share your opinion that proxies are a disappointment when compared to seeing the real coin. Personally, I have never released a proxy and I probably never will. That being said the first coin my family released to the wild was stolen in less than 3 weeks. Talk about disappointment.

---

On a personal note, I do think it is total BS if the geocacher doesn't identify the geocoin is a copy in the title or at least somewhere in the description.

----

They're called Proxies and I agree that they should be so labelled in their names but the use of them is a sign of the times.

----

The whole notion of a "proxy" photocopy of a coin is sad. In my mind it is almost the same as someone "discovering" a coin by copying the tracking number from a shared list. If I have not seen and touched the actual coin, I have no interest in logging a "discovery" or a "move".

-----

I do agree it would be better to find the real thing. And I also agree that the person who is putting out the proxy should state it as such on their proxy-coin's page. That seems only fair.

----

I believe one and only one paper version is ok. If it dies it dies, you still have your original coin - retire it and log it's miles or whatever it is you want to do with it.

-----

As far as the original topic at hand, I've yet to see these "paper" or "proxy" coins. I know they exist. I have no problems with them. Would I move them? I dunno. Maybe. I'd likely discover them, however.

I also fully understand why people might do this. I own several coins. I don't plan on and likely will never release them into the wild. I like them too much and they are for my collection. However, I also won't be releasing a proxy as I personally think that's a little silly. I'll let fellow cachers "discover" them, however, if they see me on the trails.

-----

I don't like proxies either, but as someone who has essentially seen about $100 of coins get stolen, I understand why people do it. I haven't done it, and I hope I won't get to that point ... I'm more likely to just save my money and stop buying and releasing coins altogether.

This is just a clipping. I encourage you to go back and read everything. Seems like the only responses you responded to and liked were those who agreed with you. We were all discussing the topic, just didn't all agree.

EDIT: Not sure why the quote function won't work... either way, you get the point...

Edited by softball29

(This would have been the preferred way to start this thread instead of talking about people not trusting you, insulting your integrity, etc. It's a simple question and allows for simple responses. Once you post your thoughts and opinions you open them up for responses).

Man ! I gotta get outta here and just let this go ! PLEASE stop responding because I can't help myself ! I'm compelled to reply to each and every one !

Here's how dumb I am when it comes to the forum thing ...Please tell me what "OP" stands for ?? and are you saying that I have to start my topics in another way other than how I feel. If I feel paper coins insult my honest and integrity why can't I say that's how I feel ? We live in the US of A where everybody's feeling count(maybe that's part of the problem),so why can't I say I feel untrusted by paper coin people?

So chalk it up to my naivete as far as forum etiquette. I responded personally to almost everyone.I do the same with emails because there's nothing worse than being ignored.Each person who posted in my topic deserved a response from me because I started the whole thing. I'm not gonna open a heated topic and then walk away while all hell breaks loose.

Sorry I did it wrong.Sorry if I offended the guy whom I called a "Tortoise" after he called me a "Grasshopper".I thought he was calling me a green newbie know-nothing.

SORRY.SORRY.SORRY.Ok ? Is everyone ok now ? Am I forgiven ?

Alright.Now that we got that settled prepare yourselves for my new topic cuz it's a good one tha't sure to stir up the pot. I will be civil and respectful of all I promise but PLEASE don't get on my with my opinions just give your opinion on the topic ok ? Everybody got that ? NO bashing TeamSeek.... next time around.I'll pose the question and you pose your answer. Cool ? Ok.

THANK YOU,

Kimberly(there,I'm even giving you my name)

TSAWSF

I guess I would have to say yes to first question

Reason , I started to do it also.

People are lest apt to keep them.

I send my self real coins into the world but i understand when people choose for paper coin because a stolen coin hurt and by papercoins you bring the icon in to the world, and you can replace them over and over.

I move coins, paper coins and tb, i love to move those items into caches and i love to write logs about their journey.

Man ! I gotta get outta here and just let this go ! PLEASE stop responding because I can't help myself ! I'm compelled to reply to each and every one !

Here's how dumb I am when it comes to the forum thing ...Please tell me what "OP" stands for ?? and are you saying that I have to start my topics in another way other than how I feel. If I feel paper coins insult my honest and integrity why can't I say that's how I feel ? We live in the US of A where everybody's feeling count(maybe that's part of the problem),so why can't I say I feel untrusted by paper coin people?

So chalk it up to my naivete as far as forum etiquette. I responded personally to almost everyone.I do the same with emails because there's nothing worse than being ignored.Each person who posted in my topic deserved a response from me because I started the whole thing. I'm not gonna open a heated topic and then walk away while all hell breaks loose.

Sorry I did it wrong.Sorry if I offended the guy whom I called a "Tortoise" after he called me a "Grasshopper".I thought he was calling me a green newbie know-nothing.

SORRY.SORRY.SORRY.Ok ? Is everyone ok now ? Am I forgiven ?

Alright.Now that we got that settled prepare yourselves for my new topic cuz it's a good one tha't sure to stir up the pot. I will be civil and respectful of all I promise but PLEASE don't get on my with my opinions just give your opinion on the topic ok ? Everybody got that ? NO bashing TeamSeek.... next time around.I'll pose the question and you pose your answer. Cool ? Ok.

THANK YOU,

TSAWSF

It's pretty hard to argue with yourself - although I'm sure some people will try. :)

Here we go.I have not picked and chosen who to respond to.Honestly,this forum thing is still new to me and I'm having a heck of a time keeping everything straight.I didn't even know how to put the responders quote in with my reply ! If someone replies to my topic I feel good about that and I think they deserve a respons from me. Anyway,you're just mad because I brought up the Cubs-Phillies thing. It's time for me to start a new topic on something that REALLY CHAPS MY HIDE !! Are you all ready ?

PS: I'm not here to make enemies.As far as I'm concerned you're all my fellow cachers and after these heated discussions are said and done I would still sit down and break bread with each of you and that's the truth. There's no hate or animosity here,only a person who wants to get some things off her chest and thought she would get some grown up,adult opinions from the geocaching world at large.

Fine,I'm letting the topic go cuz I'm getting bombarded with replies. Thank you to all of you who replied and my sincerest thanks to UncleJimbo because yes,I'm gonna say it,he's the only one that sees it like I do ! The rest just wanted to rip me a new one !

Thanks all,it's been a slice ;)

TeamSeekAndWeShallFind

Nano Masters

I'm not mad about the Phillies-Cubs comment. Had no bearing on me. Like I said, Phils took 2 of 3.

Your last part proves our points. You thank UncleJimbo because he agrees with you. And you say he's the only one who sees it like you and the rest of us all want to rip you a new one because we disagree with YOUR opinion.

Sheesh.

THANK YOU,

TSAWSF

You know, I think you are going to have a hard time with any topic you start because I'm not sure you understand what an opinion is.... I'm not "bashing" you it's just that this thread is filled with opinions that are on topic yet the only bashing I saw was directed at those that did not agree with your view.

Good luck though...

Kimberly ~ OP = original poster = in this case that's you.

A bit of advice here. If you ask for opinions then be prepared to get them, whether they agree with you or not. You don't have to reply to each and every post. Read, digest, take a deep breath, learn. Try not to take everything so personally. You will really get a lot further in forum discussions if you try to do these things. People here aren't out to get you. But your style is very off-putting.

That being said, if you continue to do the knee-jerk reaction thing then your next topic will undoubtedly end in the same way this one has.

I hope that helps. *fingers crossed*

I got ZERO answers here about paper coins.All I got was ganged up on and tha't a joke. Thank you

Just because I figured I'd make it easier for you, here are responses. I've clipped the full responses to show their OPINIONS which is what you were seeking. To read the whole response, go back in the thread:

There's been many a discussion on this before, course I don't feel like finding them, so.... Short answer is I don't like them at all. If you insist on putting one out, please clearly label it in the coin title and throughout the page so I know I'm going out for a fake! (Not u of course, but anyone who is reading this and decides to do it)

---

The practice is fine. The coin owner can send out a proxy at their own discretion. It's a courtesy if they note on the tracking page that the coin doing the traveling is a proxy. I recommend that they do.

---

Look - I share your opinion that proxies are a disappointment when compared to seeing the real coin. Personally, I have never released a proxy and I probably never will. That being said the first coin my family released to the wild was stolen in less than 3 weeks. Talk about disappointment.

---

On a personal note, I do think it is total BS if the geocacher doesn't identify the geocoin is a copy in the title or at least somewhere in the description.

----

They're called Proxies and I agree that they should be so labelled in their names but the use of them is a sign of the times.

----

The whole notion of a "proxy" photocopy of a coin is sad. In my mind it is almost the same as someone "discovering" a coin by copying the tracking number from a shared list. If I have not seen and touched the actual coin, I have no interest in logging a "discovery" or a "move".

-----

I do agree it would be better to find the real thing. And I also agree that the person who is putting out the proxy should state it as such on their proxy-coin's page. That seems only fair.

----

I believe one and only one paper version is ok. If it dies it dies, you still have your original coin - retire it and log it's miles or whatever it is you want to do with it.

-----

As far as the original topic at hand, I've yet to see these "paper" or "proxy" coins. I know they exist. I have no problems with them. Would I move them? I dunno. Maybe. I'd likely discover them, however.

I also fully understand why people might do this. I own several coins. I don't plan on and likely will never release them into the wild. I like them too much and they are for my collection. However, I also won't be releasing a proxy as I personally think that's a little silly. I'll let fellow cachers "discover" them, however, if they see me on the trails.

-----

I don't like proxies either, but as someone who has essentially seen about $100 of coins get stolen, I understand why people do it. I haven't done it, and I hope I won't get to that point ... I'm more likely to just save my money and stop buying and releasing coins altogether.

This is just a clipping. I encourage you to go back and read everything. Seems like the only responses you responded to and liked were those who agreed with you. We were all discussing the topic, just didn't all agree.

EDIT: Not sure why the quote function won't work... either way, you get the point...

WoW! How long did that research take you ? For your information Phillies, I haven't even read ANY of those yet !! I'm still trying to figure out how to post stuff right ! This forum thing is a little confusing for us "Grasshoppers." I haven't seen but one post that agrees with my point of view and that was way back last night from UncleJimbo. thanks

And this is just an FYI: If you offer your opinion and ask for others thoughts, you're going to get people who disagree with you and talk about your opinion. This is a discussion forum. We discuss. Just because it's your opinion doesn't mean people won't disagree. We respect your opinion and your thoughts, but people will not always agree and will say so.

This comment does show me something, though. You need to realize that it's not a personal attack because we don't agree. I think you are putting the two together that if we say something different, we are personally attacking you. It's not true. Much of this thread is an attack by you on other posters (as pointed out by two moderators and endless posters).

I hope your next topic doesn't reach these levels. It really is kind of nuts.

However, I still have no problems with paper coins.

Kimberly ~ OP = original poster = in this case that's you.

A bit of advice here. If you ask for opinions then be prepared to get them, whether they agree with you or not. You don't have to reply to each and every post. Read, digest, take a deep breath, learn. Try not to take everything so personally. You will really get a lot further in forum discussions if you try to do these things. People here aren't out to get you. But your style is very off-putting.

That being said, if you continue to do the knee-jerk reaction thing then your next topic will undoubtedly end in the same way this one has.

I hope that helps. *fingers crossed*

ALRIGHT ! Now we're getting somewhere ! I have often been told that I come across harsh and "off-putting" as you so eloquently stated. If you knew me you'd love me ! I'm a gentle,loving soul just lookin' to get through it all alive. thanks

And this is just an FYI: If you offer your opinion and ask for others thoughts, you're going to get people who disagree with you and talk about your opinion. This is a discussion forum. We discuss. Just because it's your opinion doesn't mean people won't disagree. We respect your opinion and your thoughts, but people will not always agree and will say so.

This comment does show me something, though. You need to realize that it's not a personal attack because we don't agree. I think you are putting the two together that if we say something different, we are personally attacking you. It's not true. Much of this thread is an attack by you on other posters (as pointed out by two moderators and endless posters).

I hope your next topic doesn't reach these levels. It really is kind of nuts.

However, I still have no problems with paper coins.

thank you !

WoW! How long did that research take you ? For your information Phillies, I haven't even read ANY of those yet !! I'm still trying to figure out how to post stuff right ! This forum thing is a little confusing for us "Grasshoppers." I haven't seen but one post that agrees with my point of view and that was way back last night from UncleJimbo. thanks

First, you didn't like it when people called you Grasshopper. My forum name is not Phillies. It's softball29. Pretty easy to see.

Second, it didn't take me long.

Third, earlier in the thread you said you were reading the responses. These are all in the earlier part of the thread. Some YOU responded to and hammered people -- therefore, you apparently "read" them, or scanned them and didn't see your opinion and went on the same rant.

Four, if only one person agrees with your point of view, does that make us all wrong? That's where this all went crazy. You are not happy that others don't agree with you and you're taking it personally. That's how life is. We all don't agree. That's also the beauty of this game.

I think this is part of the problem - you said you haven't read any of those replies yet and many of them state their opinion on paper coins. Some even agree with you.

What we are trying to say is: You are welcome here. You are welcome to post your thoughts here. My post was a way to show how to post a simple question to get simple answers. Your post was laced with emotion and assumptions (of people not trusting, etc.) so it's no surprise that you got some emotional responses.

So, welcome to the coin forums. The responses here have been tame, trust me. If you can keep your perspective and read all posts before responding in a knee-jerk way I think you'll end up liking it here and even making some friends.

I think this is part of the problem - you said you haven't read any of those replies yet and many of them state their opinion on paper coins. Some even agree with you.

What we are trying to say is: You are welcome here. You are welcome to post your thoughts here. My post was a way to show how to post a simple question to get simple answers. Your post was laced with emotion and assumptions (of people not trusting, etc.) so it's no surprise that you got some emotional responses.

So, welcome to the coin forums. The responses here have been tame, trust me. If you can keep your perspective and read all posts before responding in a knee-jerk way I think you'll end up liking it here and even making some friends.

I can't resist.

;)

Kumbaya anyone?

THANK YOU very much ! Yes, I am a VERY PASSIONATE person which I've learned comes through loud and clear in my words. I can't help it,it's who I am. I'm not mean and I'm not hateful but sometimes I feel very misunderstood and people VERY OFTEN take me the wrong way. I mean no harm and as I stated I can voice my opinions and thoughts louder than anyone on the planet and you can come back at me just as loud but at the end of the day when I close down my laptop and lay my head down to sleep you are still going to be a fellow cacher and a friend and that's the honest to God's truth ! thanks

THANK YOU very much ! Yes, I am a VERY PASSIONATE person which I've learned comes through loud and clear in my words. I can't help it,it's who I am. I'm not mean and I'm not hateful but sometimes I feel very misunderstood and people VERY OFTEN take me the wrong way. I mean no harm and as I stated I can voice my opinions and thoughts louder than anyone on the planet and you can come back at me just as loud but at the end of the day when I close down my laptop and lay my head down to sleep you are still going to be a fellow cacher and a friend and that's the honest to God's truth ! thanks

Good for you, that is the best end we good get, i see you tomorrow on the forum. take care

First, you didn't like it when people called you Grasshopper. My forum name is not Phillies. It's softball29. Pretty easy to see.

Second, it didn't take me long.

Third, earlier in the thread you said you were reading the responses. These are all in the earlier part of the thread. Some YOU responded to and hammered people -- therefore, you apparently "read" them, or scanned them and didn't see your opinion and went on the same rant.

Four, if only one person agrees with your point of view, does that make us all wrong? That's where this all went crazy. You are not happy that others don't agree with you and you're taking it personally. That's how life is. We all don't agree. That's also the beauty of this game.

I can see your forum name but you're obviously a Phillies fan right ? I might be new to the forums but I'm not an idiot which you can CLEARLY see from the grammar/spelling etc... in my logs. Can't get your point across if you're a lousy speller who can't put a sentence together right ?

No offense meant and I need to prepare my new topic.It's gonna take a few minutes because I now know I have to politically correct and I have to keep my emotions to myself.

thanks

The last time I opened a topic on one of our state sites the EXACT same thing happened.

Huh. Why am I not suprised? Perhaps there is a reason for this....

Yeah there is and I'll tell you what it is:Group Mentality. I started a discussion on something which just happens to be the same topic I'm gonna start in these forums later and I got ganged up on because everyone in that forum knows one another and their the only ones in the forum.The board members are even the same people,gimme a break. I stood alone,there was 20+ of them but they were the ones who acted like a bunch of babies.The topic is a good one and any human being in the world with any sense of anything would agree with me but none of them could because their buddies would've been mad at em'.

I can stand alone against anyone but there are people who need groups to accomplish everything.They loose all sense of self and then they start to share a brain.

The topic is a good one and any human being in the world with any sense of anything would agree with me but none of them could because their buddies would've been mad at em'.

I can stand alone against anyone but there are people who need groups to accomplish everything.They loose all sense of self and then they start to share a brain.

I think I can see where this one is going already. My experience has been that people speak their mind in the forum and if 20 people agree and 1 doesn't... Well, let's just say that I would tend to come to a different conclusion than you did. But I await the topic of all topics to see what transpires.

The last time I opened a topic on one of our state sites the EXACT same thing happened.

Huh. Why am I not suprised? Perhaps there is a reason for this....

Yeah there is and I'll tell you what it is:Group Mentality. I started a discussion on something which just happens to be the same topic I'm gonna start in these forums later and I got ganged up on because everyone in that forum knows one another and their the only ones in the forum.The board members are even the same people,gimme a break. I stood alone,there was 20+ of them but they were the ones who acted like a bunch of babies.The topic is a good one and any human being in the world with any sense of anything would agree with me but none of them could because their buddies would've been mad at em'.

Wow. You don't learn very fast do you?

I don't know anyone else here. So your assumption is erroneous. And you know what happens when you assume, right?

As far as acting like a baby, I'd say you've got that one all figured out. Hello pot? Yes this is kettle....um....you're black! ;)

I'm done being nice to you now. You are being ridiculous and on top of it, you don't even bother to stop and think before you post. You claim you are not an idiot (in a previous post) because you know how to spell and you use good grammar. But I think you meant "They lose all all sense of self, right? :ph34r:

Anyway, my point is that for someone who claims they aren't an idiot, you sure do have a steep learning curve. Good luck - you'll need it.

And before the mods comes down on me, I'm done responding to this person. I'll let you deal with the headache. I don't envy you.

Where do I start with this response which is yet another bash session on me and has NOTHING to do with the topic that I opened !! Is this for real ? Honestly,you sound a heck of a lot angrier than I do.Also,I'm not a "Grasshopper." We found 300 as of Sunday and guess what,we find caches in our area that the old timers still haven't found. I'm talking about cachers who've been around from day one and have 3-4-5-7 THOUSAND finds under their belts !! Our very first find was a micro hidden by one of the most hated cache hiders in our area.We didn't even know how to use a gps !! We found it in under 30 minutes.That was last July and the veterans around here are still dnf'ing on it so I am no Grasshopper ! 2 weeks ago we found the 5 star dif nano that's all the talk on our state site !! The only other sigs on the log were from a group that got together after one guy spent 4.5hrs at ground zero with no luck.He went on the state site,asked for a posse AND THEN called the cache owner for clues AND THEN to top it all off, the cache owner went out to GZ with them. Yeah,they found it then and then they ALL logged a FTF ! Gimme a break. We went out,2 of us,a team,that's how we started the game,one gps cuz he left his at home,and we found the thing in 25 minutes flat. Now,I pose this question to you...Who really deserves the FTF? Grasshopper? I don't think so. We'll take you on in a 5 star dif hunt for a nano any day of the week !

Also,if you're so worn out from caching that you don't go to the dollar store anymore to buy a handful of swag then you've lost part of the spirit of the game and maybe it's time for you "Tortoise",to retire your gps ! thanks

And this RANT has something to do with the topic?

I haven't yet sent a lot of TB's out in the world and haven't sent any coins - but I will eventually. However, I could never think of criticising anyone for doing a paper copy unless I had the experience of sending many out myself and losing them. Contrary to the OP's earlier comments - these things are expensive and do add up. We have no right to expect other people to leave coins in caches for us - it's a privilege and not a right. Let's face it...these things get stolen or lost and if that didn't happen people would be happy to release coins.

Regardless, I enjoy the hunt and what we find is just bonus.

For some reason though I don't really think you're interested in what I might have to say...

Ahhhh but I am interested in what you have to say and this is what I say to your comment.Ok,if you don't wanna put a real coin out there THEN DON'T PUT ANYTHING AT ALL !! That's all I'm saying. Don't think you're doing any of us any favors by putting a picture of your coin out there.Guess what? I can go by all the coins I want and look at em' all day long,not the point. Either do it or don't ! Don't do it half a** (sorry ! is that allowed ? ) If you're so afraid that your $10-$25 precious coin is gonna end up in the hands of the coin burglar THEN KEEP AT HOME UNDER YOUR MATTRESS !! Don't think you're doing anything for me with the copy cuz all your doing ( Again ), is insulting me ! TeamSeek.... doesn't steal coins but when we contact a paper coin owner and ask them about it and they say they did it cuz their afraid a cacher is gonna steal it, they're talking about me and they're talking about you and they're talking about all of us !!

So all this paper coin thing accomplishes is us honest cachers have given in to the few bad apples and taken coing out of circulation really. Isn't that what's happened. Eventually is there gonna be all paper coins and no real ones ?? Are we going to allow this fantastic little part of caching disappear .Are real GeoCoins gonna become like the Dinosaurs ? Extinc ? Get real people ! Don't give in to the crooks. Keep your coins coming. We'll take care of them when we have them and we'll only leave them in "the right kinda caches." Don't give in to the few bad apples and keep your coins away from the rest of us ! We wanna see the real thing !

If we're like kids then so be it,we are. Right now we have the Cachers4Christ GeoCoin in our posession and we're going to keep it another week,14 days,before we let it go.We're going to be sure we put it somewhere safe. Please look at our profile page and you'll see how much we care for coins and what they mean to us. Heck, I posted a picture of this coin on our profile page.It's special.They're all special and all I'm tryin' to say is yeah we get bummed when we're expecting a coin and all we get is a piece of paper with a pic of the coin. C'mon, that's horrible and wrong and so incredibly disappointing especially when you're misled and you have not idea it's gonna be a copy.

Stand up to the crooks and let's find another way to solve the disappearing geocoin problem !

Thank you

O.K. this is off topic BUT it Was somewhat brought up . . .

Well, I hope all of this going ons doesn't discourage you from frequenting this here forums. MOST of us DO Not know anybody else and have never met in person. One thing is that most have compassion and care for one another. For those who can't afford to go to the MAJOR events, we will probably Never meet :ph34r: !

Just from posting we consider ourselves almost "family" or at least friends. I guess this is our form of "My Space" ;) . We are just people - some more friendly than others. I get discouraged some - at times - because some Do seem to be true friends. But that is just me and my way of thinking :)

Fairyhoney

(P.S. I have heard that some can get banned from here but I don't know of the specifics nor that dynamics of it )

TeamSeekAndWeShallFind,

Please try to understand that there are various personalities that frequent our forum here (YES, OUR). Among those, the rest of us have come to the realization that Some have there own unique way of posting - a couple of them have posted here already. We learn as with like my "sayings" go that are under my postings (sorry, but I don't know the correct term for these) -"It takes All kinds to make up the world"

O.K. on topic . . . I've come across different kinds of "proxy" coins. Some are better made than others. The best would be one that the owner put pictures of the coin on either side of a poker chip, next would be a 10 mil laminated one, then "shrinky dinks", then 5mil laminate, and so forth. Hey, I've even come across some that appear to be pictures between contact paper. I have lost coins yet I will still put out the "original" because that is how I am. BUT I won't hesitate to move "proxies" along to others so they can enjoy the icon :ph34r:

Thank you fairyhoney.This is my last reply on this topic in this forum.Please read my last reply before this one,it says it all. Let's find a way to fix the missing/stolen coin problem.Something other than keeping real coins out of circulation and putting pics of them out. There MUST be a better way don't you think ? Let's start a topic on what a better solution might be because the paper coin thing let's the losers and the thieves of geocaching win and we cannot allow that to happen. thanks

TeamSeekAndWeShallFind,

Thank you fairyhoney.This is my last reply on this topic in this forum.Please read my last reply before this one,it says it all. Let's find a way to fix the missing/stolen coin problem.Something other than keeping real coins out of circulation and putting pics of them out. There MUST be a better way don't you think ? Let's start a topic on what a better solution might be because the paper coin thing let's the losers and the thieves of geocaching win and we cannot allow that to happen. thanks

Stand up to the crooks and let's find another way to solve the disappearing geocoin problem !

Thank you

Please let me know when you release some of your own coins into the wild. I'm sure the folks that have released a lot of coins would love your help in standing up to those crooks... By the way..if they crooks aren't you, me or other cachers...then who are they anyway? Just curious who it is we don't trust.

"Thank you fairyhoney.This is my last reply on this topic in this forum.Please read my last reply before this one,it says it all. Let's find a way to fix the missing/stolen coin problem.Something other than keeping real coins out of circulation and putting pics of them out. There MUST be a better way don't you think ? Let's start a topic on what a better solution might be because the paper coin thing let's the losers and the thieves of geocaching win and we cannot allow that to happen. thanks"

Actually, I don't think there will ever be an answer to missing coins. It floors me that even drilled coins get "stolen" and I don't understand. We can all "talk" about this til we are blue in the face.

Stick around and read on different topics. You may find them interesting :ph34r: .

And yes, this too has been discussed before.

Edited by fairyhoney

Just wanted to get some opinions on the practice of paper GeoCoins.That is making a paper copy of your GeoCoin,laminating it and putting it out there for cachers to move along like an actual coin....

paper coins are a fact of geocaching life; just as stolen travel bugs, stolen coins, trash in the cache and all the other things that make geocaching less than fun, are.

take a transcendental approach to it all, to life. don't let it bother you if you can't change it. just rise above and keep on keeping on. take another deep breath and ask yourself if rants are good for your heart and your health. it is a game, a coin, a nothing in the grand scheme of things.

would i rather find a real coin? you betcha. would i rather find a paper coin that an empty cache where a coin is supposed to be. yep to that too.

fight the fights that are worth fighting, that you have a chance to win. the others, well honey, just walk away to fight again another day.

rsg

Edited by RedShoesGirl

Everyone stay on topic (if you like paper coins or not) or I'm closing this thread for being off-topic.

Hmmm, is that a challenge? :ph34r:

2a600ec9-0885-42c4-a954-3023f28f73b4.jpg

It is nice to see the real deal when it comes to coins but I treat the paper ones just like the real thing. I'll move them just the same. I guess either or is fine with me! ;)

Everyone stay on topic (if you like paper coins or not) or I'm closing this thread for being off-topic.

Hmmm, is that a challenge? ;)

2a600ec9-0885-42c4-a954-3023f28f73b4.jpg

It is nice to see the real deal when it comes to coins but I treat the paper ones just like the real thing. I'll move them just the same. I guess either or is fine with me! :)

You come up with the best pictures :) - I agree :ph34r: