geowoodstock VI

RedShoesGirl

is anyone from here going to the coin trading event after the main woodstock event is over? i will be there, staying at the hotel that night. i figured after a day at the main event i was going to need a comfortable place to stay and not car camp that night.

love to hear from others about going, what to expect etc? do you take all your coins for discovering? what do you think of discovering. coin dealers come to these things?

lots of questions, and much excitement!

lara

There is a group of us coming down from BC and we have a new coin to trade:

woodstockcoin.jpg

We should all be at the coin event. Hope to see you there!

Oh how cool! Remind me to hunt one of you down :)

RSG: Never been to a big event myself, have to say I'm a little nervous about being around a bunch of people. I can feel the stress of trying to drive in that traffic already :ph34r: Guess I'm gonna have to drive with the Montana mentality of 'my rig is bigger than yours and if you don't want me to drive over your car, better get outta my way' :) Will that work? ;)

I'm going as a regular person and not as a vendor. I'll have a bunch of trader coins with me (or at least that is the plan) but I'm not bringing my collection. I think someone told me that it didn't make sense to lug a collection of coins along because all the coiners have probably seen them all anyhow. I was like, good point! I've traded phone numbers with a few people to ensure we meet up while there. If you're feeling overwhelmed no worries, I am too :D

Corey of coreynjoey already told me he was going to hunt me down and steal my all my turtles :) He's the reason I'm bringing my attack dog 'Tristin' :D Hope to meet you down there.

tsun

I will be there! :)

Please come by and say "hello".. I will be the tall redhead with a hog on her clothing :ph34r: .

well all righty then, sounds like you will be hard to miss!

we are talking the coin event, yes?

since crowds freak me out, i'll be the blond/redhead/brown-haired lady sitting in the corner with a blanky.

hair depends on my mood the week before. ;)

rsg

Corey of coreynjoey already told me he was going to hunt me down and steal my all my turtles ;) He's the reason I'm bringing my attack dog 'Tristin' B) Hope to meet you down there.

corey, you distract the attack dog with doggie treats and i'll grab the turtles!

a group effort that will hopefully work better than the attempt for a garmin coin :D

Corey of coreynjoey already told me he was going to hunt me down and steal my all my turtles ;) He's the reason I'm bringing my attack dog 'Tristin' B) Hope to meet you down there.

corey, you distract the attack dog with doggie treats and i'll grab the turtles!

a group effort that will hopefully work better than the attempt for a garmin coin :D

Be careful, I hear she'll be wearing her s**t kickers too!!

I will be there! I was wondering about a trading corner type thing, but the after party is where its at -eh?

Didnt even know about it till now, but guess what Tsun...Your Turtles are in grave danger! You'll need a 007 Secret Agent to keep you and your turtles safe! I am for hire at the rate of 1 AE for the first hour and then 1 RE per hour till you say im done~Your turtles will be safe!

Anyone else who needs my assistance in garding their precious booty from the intolerable Intolerable and Corey, You got the rates, Im for hire!...BigD's on the case B)

Tsun...I think your gonna need a "Take your number and wait till called" thingy! Better start lookin for one, Can I have my number now? ;)

I'm thinking we'll be too wiped after 10 hours in a booth at GWVI to do much of anything that night... but we'll see what the night brings. I fear that if we go back to the hotel to rest for a while that we'll be lights out 'till morning B) .

Party Poopers! Come on, live a little ;)

What happens at the 'after-party' stays at the 'after-party' :D ??

If this was a night cache or caching marathon it would be no problem; we can play all night when we have to B) . We'll think about it, ok...

We're going to GW6 and hope to make it to the coin party afterwards. I'm also somewhat shy about being amongst so many people... since I'm more of a lurker here and seldom post, I haven't "met" that many people. DH and I will be working in the TB area from noon to 2 (LOL, I think that's when we're there), so hopefully we'll get a chance to say hello and meet some people from the forums.

We're going to GW6 and hope to make it to the coin party afterwards. I'm also somewhat shy about being amongst so many people... since I'm more of a lurker here and seldom post, I haven't "met" that many people. DH and I will be working in the TB area from noon to 2 (LOL, I think that's when we're there), so hopefully we'll get a chance to say hello and meet some people from the forums.

I'll send you my number, we can talk horses :P That outta loosen your tongue and mine :P

I'll send you my number, we can talk horses :P That outta loosen your tongue and mine :P

Ah yes... get me started on horses... but then who'll shut me up? ;)

There is a group of us coming down from BC and we have a new coin to trade:

woodstockcoin.jpg

We should all be at the coin event. Hope to see you there!

I"d love to make a trade for one of your new coins for one of my new deadmans hand coins. Email me if you are uo to it. :) Great looking coin by the way.

I'm just curious if I should being my Geotags....will people actually trade me for them????

I would say bring them! There will probably be others there with some...and I know that there will be other items there that people will have for trading...(like the big bean project...those are trackable and I think around the same price) and other nontrackable things....

I'd trade with ya Wavesprite! LOL

For those with experience, how many coin traders should one bring? I actually have a huge pile of extras I've been holding onto because I'm a coin hoarder :D

Is there an area at the event that people will gather to trade baubles? Do I need to lug around my backpack full of traders? I'll probably stop at the evening coin event but I don't know how long I'll actually stay for that since I'm almost 2 hours away (camping).

Advice from coin people who've done the big coin event type thing????

For those with experience, how many coin traders should one bring? I actually have a huge pile of extras I've been holding onto because I'm a coin hoarder :D

Is there an area at the event that people will gather to trade baubles? Do I need to lug around my backpack full of traders? I'll probably stop at the evening coin event but I don't know how long I'll actually stay for that since I'm almost 2 hours away (camping).

Advice from coin people who've done the big coin event type thing????

I'd be interested in some advice regarding this too... I'm going to have very little money for buying stuff, but are most people up for trades at stuff like the coin event? Never been to anything like this before, so no idea.

I think you will find that the entire weekend is a coin trading frenzy. Some will enjoy you so much they will just give a coin....Really it happens!

Yep, at GW5 we pretty much traded from the moment we got there until we were one of the last to leave that night. There was a couple of hours at the end set up for trading, but a lot of trading got done throughout the day.

I'd say bring as many as you feel comfortable lugging around with you. And remember, you'll probably end up with just as many if not more coins when you leave than when you get there. :D

I bring every available coin I own in as compact of a case that I can find. I lug it around with me, everywhere. I've stopped on food tables, garbage can lids, picnic tables, ground in the parking lot, etc. Just about anywhere you go, a huge tub of coins get attention. You'll be trading as fast as you can when you meet/see another coiner.

TMA

But what if you only have say 5 or 6 in your "small" collection that you want to trade.....do you just carry them around and ask people with large tubs if they are interested in any of yours???

Yep. And it's a good ice breaker. I mean, you might not recognize a screen name until you stop them and ask to trade. Just watch for the coins.

I know personally, I try and trade with anyone that asks me. Not every extra coin I have is very expensive or meaningful. Even if I'm going to take the coin I get from someone and put it back in my trader box, I've made them happy getting them something they like.

TMA

But what if you only have say 5 or 6 in your "small" collection that you want to trade.....do you just carry them around and ask people with large tubs if they are interested in any of yours???

I know personally, I try and trade with anyone that asks me. Not every extra coin I have is very expensive or meaningful. Even if I'm going to take the coin I get from someone and put it back in my trader box, I've made them happy getting them something they like.

TMA

So everyone needs to try and find Moops at GWS! LOL