Garmin Trip & Waypoint Manager

I was thrilled to get my 60cx today, but I can't load the Trip & Waypoint Manager because my computer's hard drive is not C:. I can't see any way to change the sttings on the wizard. An error message instantly pops up, and it cancels the install. :ph34r: I'd appreciate anyone who could help me out. Thanks!

Now I'm really frustrated. I just tried to d/l the communicator and that doesn't work either. :(

Please Help!!!

Edited by Smokiewolf

I was thrilled to get my 60cx today, but I can't load the Trip & Waypoint Manager because my computer's hard drive is not C:. I can't see any way to change the sttings on the wizard. An error message instantly pops up, and it cancels the install. ;) I'd appreciate anyone who could help me out. Thanks!

Now I'm really frustrated. I just tried to d/l the communicator and that doesn't work either. :ph34r:

Please Help!!!

I've never had that trouble, but then again my install drive *is* C.

I wonder if this is a bug they've fixed in later version. Try downloading a fresh install off of Garmin's website.

You've got to be a little 'sneaky' to get it, but its a "Garmin Approved" method (I checked with their tech support), so no worries there.

1. Download and install "Garmin training center"

2. Download and install "Garmin Mapsource Update"

Dale

Some Garmin installations seem to insist on C:\Garmin unless the product is already installed somewhere else. Sometimes regardless of whether the product is already somewhere else.

If you don't mind mucking in the registry, you can try looking in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Garmin\Applications\MapSource and changing the InstallDir if it exists.

See what other C:\ folders you can find in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Garmin or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Garmin and change those too.

Well, after some tinkering, it worked. I was trying to install the software without the unit connected to the computer, and then when I connected it and enabled the USB mass storage, it worked, and it's installed on my compter now too. I have yet to understand the usefulness of this program to me though. If anyone could 'splain that too me, that would be great too! Thanks for the replies.