Night Cache

Douglas_Clan

I'd never list a night cache as a multi unless there was some way of doing it without flashlights. The need for lights means it has requirements that you generally can't determine without reading the description. Such requirements put it in the unknown/mystery category for me.

Traditional designation means the cache is located at the posted coordinates and can be located without any information needed from the cache description, so that isn't a good choice for a night cache.

I'd never list a night cache as a multi unless there was some way of doing it without flashlights. The need for lights means it has requirements that you generally can't determine without reading the description. Such requirements put it in the unknown/mystery category for me.

Traditional designation means the cache is located at the posted coordinates and can be located without any information needed from the cache description, so that isn't a good choice for a night cache.

Total agreement. Most night caches I see are listed as Mystery/Unknown type.

After reading the definitions, we can go a couple of different ways.

Is a night cache a unknown, regular or a multi? We've gotten email saying we've listed ours wrongly. (We don't really care though). There have been several discussion in troll land (aka Geocaching Topics) and everyone has their opinion.

Is it Nite, Night or Knight ? GC19AKB

Thoughts?

I read your cache page.

You did it correctly.

It is a mystery.