What Is The Difference From Premium Members and Just Members?

$30 a year. :grin:

Create or Upgrade your Membership

A basic membership is free! If you create an account on geocaching.com we'll let you know when new caches are hidden in your area. You'll also have the ability to log your finds online to share your experience with the rest of the community.

Create an account now.

You can also receive additional features by upgrading your membership. Help support Geocaching.com and get access to additional features like advanced mapping and search options through Pocket Queries.

Become a Premium Member today.

What is a Groundspeak Premium Membership?

A Groundspeak Premium Membership provides you with additional features that a basic membership does not provide. Whether you go geocaching every day or only occasionally, many useful tools are available to enhance your geocaching experience.

Not to mention, you’ll be contributing to the support and maintenance of the Geocaching.com site. Thanks!

The following is a list of some of the Premium Member features available today. In the future we will be working to bring you newer and better features, yet you will always be locked in at the current rate as long as you continue to renew.

When you become a Premium Member, you get additional features offered by the Site.

Pocket Queries give you up to 500 caches sent as an attachment to email. :laughing:

You also can set up "Instant Notifications" for newly-published caches, in case you want to race for a FTF. :)

You get access to the "Off Topic" Forum, and can change the "Title" under your name in the Forums. :grin:

You also get a good feeling knowing your $3.00 per month or $30 per year is supporting thie Site. :grin:

No advertisements in the middle of the page.

Freemium members can avoid the advertisements too by using Firefox with Adblock Plus.

One difference may be that Premium Members are happy to pay for the service they use and probably don't think much of using the site free for more than an evaluation period... or of blocking the ads that make "Freemiums" possible. :grin:

When you become a Premium Member, you get additional features offered by the Site.

Pocket Queries give you up to 500 caches sent as an attachment to email. :laughing:

You also can set up "Instant Notifications" for newly-published caches, in case you want to race for a FTF. :)

You get access to the "Off Topic" Forum, and can change the "Title" under your name in the Forums. :grin:

You also get a good feeling knowing your $3.00 per month or $30 per year is supporting thie Site. :grin:

Here here! I also love these Premium features:

Bookmark lists

Caches Along a Route

One difference may be that Premium Members are happy to pay for the service they use and probably don't think much of using the site free for more than an evaluation period... or of blocking the ads that make "Freemiums" possible. :)

I'd like to point out that all of the responders thus far have been Premium (or Charter) Members.

:)

No advertisements in the middle of the page.

Freemium members can avoid the advertisements too by using Firefox with Adblock Plus.

One difference may be that Premium Members are happy to pay for the service they use and probably don't think much of using the site free for more than an evaluation period... or of blocking the ads that make "Freemiums" possible. :)

Very well put! Thanks for saying that -- my feeling exactly! A lot of it is about appreciation and gratitude, and being willing to take responsibility for supporting the things and systems which offer us benefit.

To Geocache you have already paid at least $100 for a GPS and gas to get them is a bunch. $30 a year to support the site that makes your hobby possible is pretty reasonablly.

Second Vinny & Sue (whose posts I live for) that post would make you seem like sane and reasonable people. Did you start taking meds?

Pocket Queries give you up to 500 caches sent as an attachment to email. :)

You get access to the "Off Topic" Forum, and can change the "Title" under your name in the Forums. :)

You also get a good feeling knowing your $3.00 per month or $30 per year is supporting thie Site. :D

As for as the pocket queries emailing you, I have never got an email over this. I get the preview option and can work around what i need but I never once have been sent an email on this other then the main query for INATN

You get access to the "Off Topic" Forum, and can change the "Title" under your name in the Forums. :)

You also get a good feeling knowing your $3.00 per month or $30 per year is supporting thie Site. :D

As for as the pocket queries emailing you, I have never got an email over this. I get the preview option and can work around what i need but I never once have been sent an email on this other then the main query for INATN

All yuo have to do is check the day of the week that you want the file sent to you.

The difference in benefits and perks is pretty large, and almost as large as the difference or gap between Premium members and Platinum members, which is the next step above Premium.

So whats the difference b/n premium and platinum? I searched the site on this one with no success.

Platinum level membership is very rare and exclusive and the whole thing is very secretive: I am simply not allowed to tell you more, nor would anyone else who is in the know be allowed to talk about it either.

To Geocache you have already paid at least $100 for a GPS and gas to get them is a bunch. $30 a year to support the site that makes your hobby possible is pretty reasonablly.

Second Vinny & Sue (whose posts I live for) that post would make you seem like sane and reasonable people. Did you start taking meds?

Thanks for the kind words! I am always amazed by the number of geocachers -- who were heretofore total strangers to me -- who approach me at events and tell me that they lurk on the forums and that they avidly follow my insane posts.

As for my post in question sounding suspiciously sane and reasonable, no, I (Vinny) was not back on my meds (the courts had ordered me onto meds after that silly little incident that they called a "massacre", but I refuse to take them) but rather, the reason my post sounded sane was simply that I was distracted: I am in the midst of preparing for an upcoming 10-day research field trip to the Arizona desert (using Tempe as my home base) and because of my focus on the trip preparations, I forgot to throw some kind of psycho comment into my reply, such as insinuating that the OP may have been a Nazi or a reptoid reptiian alien shapeshifter.

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

You also can set up "Instant Notifications" for newly-published caches, in case you want to race for a FTF. ;)

You get access to the "Off Topic" Forum, and can change the "Title" under your name in the Forums. :ph34r:

You also get a good feeling knowing your $3.00 per month or $30 per year is supporting thie Site. :)

Here here! I also love these Premium features:

Bookmark lists

Caches Along a Route

Another premium feature I love is the Ignore List. When there are caches that I have no intention of ever doing pop up, I can ignore them.

......insinuating that the OP may have been a Nazi or a reptoid reptiian alien shapeshifter.

But actually..

82b41b64-cd7e-43e3-af99-eb699e1d7ba4.jpg0b0275b0-d4c2-4f06-a5a7-6abeddfe8ef7.jpg80a83d06-55a3-498f-a858-f7d2a4892fbe.jpg

AAARRRGGGHH! I hate it when you try to out me like that! Well, revenge is sweet: I am gonna stop shipping your monthly supply of iridium/thorium/plutonium trace element nutritional supplement capsules to you, and I am just gonna pocket the $440 per month that you have been paying for them! GRRR!

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

The difference in benefits and perks is pretty large, and almost as large as the difference or gap between Premium members and Platinum members, which is the next step above Premium.

So whats the difference b/n premium and platinum? I searched the site on this one with no success.

There are no platinum memberships, just kind of a running joke around here...

Edited by CM-14

There are no platinum memberships, just kind of a running joke around here...

;):ph34r:

Then why did Jeremy hit me up for an extra $100.

Platinum members are better looking and are the hit of every party.

I'm still waiting for my membership application. :ph34r:

Not happening. Sorry. It's by invitation only. There isn't an application. I was blown away when I got the invitation in the mail........