What Do You Attach To Travel Bug Dog Tags?

Team Foxx

Since I have had bad luck with my TBs, I might suggest not attaching anything too cute that a child, or even an adult, might decide to keep . . . :grin:

Also, don't attach anything to which you have an emotional attachment. Of the several TBs I have sent out, only a couple are still traveling. :laughing:

These are some of the things I attached to TB tags:

a797170e-2c37-458b-b33d-86fc70e1d846.jpg

You could also attach the tag to something like this:

670bd69d-65a7-4e0a-9683-3d302a6ef548.jpg

:grin:

Since I have had bad luck with my TBs, I might suggest not attaching anything too cute that a child, or even an adult, might decide to keep . . . :grin:

Also, don't attach anything to which you have an emotional attachment. Of the several TBs I have sent out, only a couple are still traveling. :laughing:

These are some of the things I attached to TB tags:

a797170e-2c37-458b-b33d-86fc70e1d846.jpg

You could also attach the tag to something like this:

670bd69d-65a7-4e0a-9683-3d302a6ef548.jpg

:grin:

OK I so wanna do the car one! How do I do that?

Edited by Laineybug

I say keep them small. I've saw small containers with a big TB, so big it would pop the top off the cantainer.

You can get some neat little key chains at a department or auto parts store. Maybe a little frog or heart or butterfly, they come with all kinds of things and they are only a buck or two.

Small is better than large, so it will fit in a variety of cache containers, but not too small so it doesn't get lost easily.

Plastic is better than metal, fabric or paper, because it won't get rusty, soggy or moldy in wet caches.

Not-cute is better than cute, as it is less likely to be stolen.

Whatever you choose, it helps to attach a laminated mission tag, even if there is no specific mission. Many cachers won't pick up a TB unless they know where it wants to go, for fear of accidentally moving it in the wrong direction.

I had a bunch of pins that I don't wear - some from Disney Land. I cut the pin part off, drilled a hole in them, attached a TB tag and laminated info sheet I made up and voila!

I also had to have my car serviced recently and they gave me the defective part (it's a small metal ring). I turned it into a TB and added a cointest to it. Now when someone places the TB they get to try and guess what make/model of car the part is from. The winner will get a new unactivated geocoin as a prize.

Use your imagination. TBs can be almost anything.

Have fun! :)

I'd say the best thing to do is just see what Travel Bugs are out there and get inspired from that!

Feh! Don't wait or search for inspiration..... Just look around you and let your gut tell you what is and isn't TB worthy.

Some items I have sent out:

A refrigerator door I found on the side of the road. :P

A crappy chair that was left behind at an event I hosted and which NO ONE would claim. :P

A remote control to a broken DVD player.

A freaky pregnant keychain.

An interesting piece of cache swag I traded for...

None of these are items I have the lest bit of emotion for, so if they go missing I'm not gonna lose sleep.

Look around you. There's TBs everywhere. All you have to do is tag and release them. :P;)

Alphabet blocks are fun, you can get some really creative logs on them. We have D, M, W and L out there traveling. Their missions are all variations of...going places, meeting people, doing things that start with their letter of the alphabet. We've gotten really neat logs and pictures!

I just traded out a few scrabble letters from a cache, I'll send them out the same way.

Alphabet blocks are fun, you can get some really creative logs on them. We have D, M, W and L out there traveling. Their missions are all variations of...going places, meeting people, doing things that start with their letter of the alphabet. We've gotten really neat logs and pictures!

I just traded out a few scrabble letters from a cache, I'll send them out the same way.

Those types of bugs ARE really FUN! <_<

I have come across several. Most were refrigerator magnets..... Scrabble letters would be cool too. <_<