Name the New Rock N Roll GeoDog Cointest!

LadyBee4T

As requested here are pictures of my pack.

In the top picture from the left--Rocky Raccoon who is a sheltie/border collie mix, Good Golly Miss Molly a sheltie rescued from a high kill shelter. Tom AKA LordYatchman and He who IS to be named in front

dc9fd6f7-cbf7-4492-9d38-765fc964d808.jpg

991775b0-6853-4bbd-9129-b736a05c277a.jpg

thanks for the great pictures

Hello!

I feel a little better today! B)

I just managed to read the rules! Oh I am so sorry LadyBee4T!!! My other posts were not.... Sorry!!! B)

Glad to hear you are feeling better! But no worries This is meant to be a fun contest......

And besides, We like you and your postings :D

What happent o my post?

well... Thank you LadyBee4T!! B) You are so kind! ;)

Fairyhoney, you are so sweet too! Thank you!! :D

Hey there GATOULIS my friend. What a cute avatar! :D I did not read what happened in the forum to make you feel down, but your a great person and have a really BIG heart! DO NOT CHANGE THAT!

To keep this on-topic:

"SANDMAN" By Metallica

I know this is in a different era, but it is worth a shot! B)

:D Hello Dardevle my friend! :D

Thank you my friend for your kind words!

Well, I had high fever these days! I was ill! I feel better now! I am still ill, but much better!

I didn't see the rule of posting every hour, and I posted some names..! :D

The naming process was much harder than I thought it would be. You guys gave so many great possibilites that my head was spinning. I had started a list the day I got him and many of your suggestions were on it but also many weren't. When I first sat down with him in the shelter I called to him "Hey Mr Bojangles can you dance for me?" (Nitty Gritty Dirt Band 1971) Everyone there that heard me laughed as he is a bit clumsy but boy with those tags he does jangle when shaking his head! I was surprised no one suggested that. Many suggested Queen songs but "Freddie" Mercury wasn't noted. Also John "Lennon"

We tried out a lot of names on him to see if they would fit. Some definitely intrigued me. I went to bed on Monday and was sure I had a name. Then I read the postings and actually added names to my list. I went to bed last night to sleep on it and in the middle of the night woke up abruptly with again Mr Bojangles. This morning I think he has had 3 names but in the end we went back to one near the top of our list. No one actually chose this call name but they did suggest the song so I will award the top coin to them. The song is one I always thought of as "Teenage Wasteland" by the Who buts its name is actually Baba O'Riley. So I now proudly present

RILEY

888f591b-c526-4146-8a84-f012c0701343.jpg

9070b112-77a6-45fe-8687-7f1f6c778858.jpg

Hey proud parents always have to have pictures!! :drama:

Now the winners

#21 MotoCycleBoi---Baba O'Riley--winner of the Humane Society Coin. If I can't find it today or tomorrow I have another in mind that would go along with the theme of the cointest.

Random Number for Coin #2

#24 Grievous Angel Yes he could have been an Arlo too!!

Since there were so many wonderful suggestions I decided to give away some of my Midwest Geobash Ducks also. The random number generator kicked out 8 more numbers for a total of 10 winners.

#4 Tom4Props

#20 PaRacers

#145 FairyHoney

#132 Gatoulis

#83 Geo.Error

#111 RedShoesGirl

#140 E&Cplus3

#61 Gardengorilla

If you are a winner send me your address through my profile. Thanks to everyone who made suggestions! I admit to singing American Pie, Bobby McGee, Johnny Angel and many others for awhile. Then I was told to stop LOL Now today off to the vet and then the microchip so if he is a "Runaway" (Del Shannon) again he can find his way home......

Wow there's been some great names in here Bev! I thought I would throw some doggie humor in here since everyone is having sooo much fun with this!!! :D:D:drama:

The Dogs Top 10 Pet Peeves

1. Blaming your farts on me.. Not funny.. not funny at all !!!

2. Yelling at me for barking.. I'M A DOG, YOU IDIOT!

3. Taking me for a walk, then not letting me check stuff out. Exactly whose walk is this anyway?

4. Any trick that involves balancing food on my nose.. Stop it!!

5. Any haircut that involves bows or ribbons. Now you know why we chew your stuff up when you're not home.

6. The sleight of hand, fake fetch throw. You fooled a dog! Whooo Hoooooooo! What a proud moment for the top of the food chain.

7. Taking me to the vet for the big snip, then acting surprised when I freak out every time we go back!

8. Getting upset when I sniff the crotches of your guests. Sorry, but I haven't quite mastered that handshake thing yet.

9. Dog sweaters. Hello ??? Haven't you noticed the fur?

10. How you act disgusted when I lick myself. Look, we both know the truth, you're just jealous.

Edited by Dolfy

Oh!!!! Riley!!! what a cute name!!!

LadyBee4t...your last photos are amazing!!!! Riley is beautiful!!! His face, the way he looks at you, makes him adorable!! Please give him a big hug from me!!! :D

?I won? WOW! Thank you!!! Thank you so much!!!

The coin is a duck? A duck price for a bird dog! :D

I am sending you email right away!!! :drama:

OH, "RILEY" is an excellent name :D He is SO handsome. ( has he had a haircut? I thought that breed had a tad bit longer hair :drama: )

Yes he was groomed the day he was picked up. His fur was so matted on his rear end I'm told that they couldn't tell if he had been neutered or not! He also had been skunked so they found an emergency groomer to take him. Springers typically have a bit longer fur. I like the feathers on the legs and the belly to be left natural and it will take several months to grow out. He is sitting on my lap right now as I type so it is a bit difficult. He is getting a lot of hugs too!!

We just got back from the vet and they say he is at tops 18 months old. Tomorrow is the microchipping...

OH, "RILEY" is an excellent name :D He is SO handsome. ( has he had a haircut? I thought that breed had a tad bit longer hair :drama: )

Yes he was groomed the day he was picked up. His fur was so matted on his rear end I'm told that they couldn't tell if he had been neutered or not! He also had been skunked so they found an emergency groomer to take him. Springers typically have a bit longer fur. I like the feathers on the legs and the belly to be left natural and it will take several months to grow out. He is sitting on my lap right now as I type so it is a bit difficult. He is getting a lot of hugs too!!

We just got back from the vet and they say he is at tops 18 months old. Tomorrow is the microchipping...

It seems that anymore, they keep things "in-tack" on the male species. So, it's hard to tell If the Are neutered or not (used to be that Not seeing the "package" was a tell tell sign :D )

Yay! I'm a winner! This tops off a great day for me which I needed after our hockey team got kicked out of the playoffs last night....got refreshed in yoga and then thanks to all those who suggested Bob Dylan here...went and got the new compilation CD and cranked it at home, then I got my Geocoin Nerds and Bushwaking sword and THEN win a cointest! :drama:

Thanks LadyBee4T for the cointest and enjoy your new owner Riley :D

Now that I have studied the pics and compared him to the rest of the family (including Tom!), I think that the name you chose is the perfect one!

He looks like a Riley to me. Even more so than a Mr. Bojangles.

He's a doll!

Come to think of it, all 4 are!

Congratulations my friend!

anne

The coins are in the mail to the winners who have emailed me their addresses.

Thanks everyone for helping me name Riley and playing my cointest. I hope you all had fun with it as I did!!!!

:) This cointest was very good and a lot of fun and riley is the perfect name for your lovely doggie :P

:P thanks for the fun, thanks for adopting a beautiful dog :)

Wow! ... I'm a winner? I can hardly believe it. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :D

I've been down and out with the stomach flu, so I just found out. I'll get the email right out to you. Thanks so much! :D

PS - I really like Riley! That is a perfect name for him! :P

Congrats to all the other winners! :D

My daughter received her geocoin chick in the mail today. Her first ever coin! Of course, she just looked at it, said 'duck', and went back to playing with her dolls. But then, she's not quite two yet. We'll teach her to properly appreciate geocoins as she grows up. Until then Mama will put it in her memory box.

Thanks LadyBee4T!!

My daughter received her geocoin chick in the mail today. Her first ever coin! Of course, she just looked at it, said 'duck', and went back to playing with her dolls. But then, she's not quite two yet. We'll teach her to properly appreciate geocoins as she grows up. Until then Mama will put it in her memory box.

Thanks LadyBee4T!!

Hey that's cool I sent her her first coin!!!!! Thanks for playing my cointest and hope you had fun!

For those of you who have asked me. Riley is doing quite well. He has gained a couple of pounds which is great cause he was SO skinny. He is acclimating well to our family and for sure he is getting a lot of hugs (paws too! LOL) Molly has made her position known as Queen of the pack as I thought she would so everything is going very smoothly. He now has a microchip too. If his first owners had done that he wouldn't have been in that situation unless of course he was just dumped off. Thanks everyone for helping me name him!!!

Thanks LadyBee4T!!

Hey that's cool I sent her her first coin!!!!! Thanks for playing my cointest and hope you had fun!

For those of you who have asked me. Riley is doing quite well. He has gained a couple of pounds which is great cause he was SO skinny. He is acclimating well to our family and for sure he is getting a lot of hugs (paws too! LOL) Molly has made her position known as Queen of the pack as I thought she would so everything is going very smoothly. He now has a microchip too. If his first owners had done that he wouldn't have been in that situation unless of course he was just dumped off. Thanks everyone for helping me name him!!!

That's funny, Our Mollie has also took it upon herself to be the "Alpha" :D . I think she has a touch of dementia, though - If that can be possible. Anyways, she is 10 years old, Jack Russel/Beagle/daschund about 30# max So she really isn't That big of a dog. She Loves putting Peatty in his place. Sometimes, all he has to do is look at her and she starts growling viciously at him. Here he is, 2 years old, about 80# part German Shepard/Chow/ Dobie.