Baltimore Inner Harbor

superhoser

I will be visiting in June and staying very close to Camden Yard. I will be on foot and was wondering if there were any must do caches and must see places. I also am looking to try some soft shelled blue crab are there any resturants anyone would suggest in the area to find them and other none chain MC D'S and such places to try.

I had already sent this to superhoser72, but seeing no locals responding and others expressing interest, allow me to offer the following.

There are plenty of caches in the area. This is a virt at the harbor. Click on the closest caches from there to see what's in the area.

There are also a couple terracaches in the area. One takes you up to Fell's Point. That is a beautiful area.

May I also direct you to shutterspots. Shutterspots turn virtual caching on its head. Rather than provide coordinates to a plaque, monument, etc., you are provided images of a spot. The challenge is to get yourself where the person took the photographs.

I have a few shutterspots listed in the area that shouldn't be too difficult (one, two).

I am sure someone will mention a good spot for blue crabs. All I will say is you will NOT find good food at J. Paul's at the Inner Harbor.

I used to live in Bawlmer. I remember The Admiral Fell Inn in Fell's Point, as a pretty good place to eat. Bertha's, also in Fells Point, is another winner. IMHO, the eateries at the Inner Harbor are not too memorable. Caches were after my time there, so no help from me.

I will be visiting in June and staying very close to Camden Yard. I will be on foot and was wondering if there were any must do caches and must see places. I also am looking to try some soft shelled blue crab are there any resturants anyone would suggest in the area to find them and other none chain MC D'S and such places to try.

I was there last weekend and there are a few with in 1/2 mile of Camden

Virtual Cache right next to Canden

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...ee-47c14cbd9996

Right at inner harbor - please e-mail me if you find this one. 1000's of people during the day. looked for it at midnight for 40 minutes - no find but it IS there

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...84-4fce1acbc3df

Very close to the last one

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...e9-815ac70ee036

Most of the local cachers have been very busy doing CAM (cache across MD). Between work and CAM, this is the first time in almost a month that I've made it to the geocaching forums though I've been on the MD ones frequently. CAMs official end picnic is this coming weekend so we should be getting back to normal soon. I'd help with the caches except I've never cached in Baltimore. I tend to stay way from DC and Baltimore, enjoying the more rural parts of our state. Now, if you want some good caches in way southern MD....St Mary's county, then, I could help you.

terri